Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Have you seen how Luongo has played the past few games?

Regardless, Thomas is the one with sporadic movements or the aggressive style. Recall the infamous "pumping the tires" comment luongo made and all the media coverage around it. Luongo has a very systematic way of playing goal, Thomas... as far as I know doesn't have a style.
    I'm not talking games, specifically talking Shootouts. Which I have very very very rarely see Vancouver win. Not because they can't score, its just because all the player has to do on Luongo is wait for him to hit the ice and put it up over him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Except if you watch Shanahan's video's, you would know he uses whether or not the player was injured in his rulings..
    Intent to injure is such a fucking grey area it's a joke. Sorry, but it doesn't need to be intentional to validate a punishment. You injured a player pretty badly, your ass should sit in the box for 4 minutes and you should be fined at the very least.

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 06:19 PM ----------

Question, how in the hell is Florida 3rd in the East? They are really surging right now, same goes for the Rangers who are on a 5 game winning streak. Boston has won 4 straight, Tampa and Buffalo have both won 3 straight. Man the East is really starting to heat up now. The Caps should be in for a lock to get a win tonight, same goes for Buffalo. I hope Carolina beats up the Rangers tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Intent to injure is such a fucking grey area it's a joke. Sorry, but it doesn't need to be intentional to validate a punishment. You injured a player pretty badly, your ass should sit in the box for 4 minutes and you should be fined at the very least.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it, but it is what happens generally.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one can determine intent to injure, hockey is a physical sport. You would only get rid of the grey area if you banned hitting and fighting completely, and if anyone got hurt then it would be deemed intent to injure. Players who put themselves in bad positions are going to get injured, not always can you blame the hitter but if you go into a corner facing the glass and you get hit and smash your face against the glass, that is poor positioning on your part since part of creating offensive pressure is to check. Changing the icing rules, as well as how goaltender interference works would improve the game and prevent a fair amount of injuries. I don't want to see hitting removed from the game just because people are getting hurt due to chasing pucks into the corners and players need to stop running the goalies over like they are doing more often the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i was talking about the leafs game, both teams were getting jibbed by the refs, the 3rd was extremely bad.
    Yup, I would much rather the refs call nothing at all (despite us having got both our goals on the PP) than have watched that farce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Wouldn't that be his own style though? It's just such a unique style, but it still works.
    Only player I can compare his style with is Hasek, both very unorthodox styles.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... Ducan Keith <3 what a fucking "great" goal he scored

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how tight the East is right now up at the top, whereas the bottom feeders are pretty far out still. The difference between 1st and 8th is 5 points, 9th is 3 points back of 8th as well. The West is incredibly close as well with 5 teams tied for 7th place.

Sabres and Bruins tonight. Should be a good one. Both are on 4 game win streaks. Hoping the B's can extend it to 5.

Game time. Go B'sssss

Also, great opening to the game. Almost brought a tear to my eye, God Bless our troops over seas.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hall of Fame weekend, great to see some of the former Leafs going into the Hall.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Only player I can compare his style with is Hasek, both very unorthodox styles.
    I heard a commentator saying Thomas was 'channeling his inner Hasek' during some game, I found that pretty funny.

I find Thomas' style more so an unholy combination of Hasek and Brodeur, honestly.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 10:46 PM ----------

Toronto certainly got overconfident in the end of that game... rofl
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-11-13 at 02:32 AM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Well, as a Toronto fan I can't complain about consistency. Its November and my team is back to its usual sucky November selves.

Edit: I just watched the highlight of the solider coming back during the Bruins game, touching, but holy shit did Chara look MASSIVE next too them.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2011-11-13 at 04:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a single mention of Lucic running Miller, yet? That hit was some bullshit.

Wasn't able to watch the game and haven't seen the highlights from it yet, so I have no opinion on it.

Just saw it was 6-2 Bruins, final. And Seggy got another two tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks need to get a win tonight against Edmonton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Hawks need to get a win tonight against Edmonton
    They sure do, speically after losing 3 games in a row, really disapointing. We can't really afford losing till Edmonton, specially when it's that close. They should be able to pull it off however.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Sabres should be embarrassed after that game tonight. No one went after Lucic or ran Thomas? Way to show support for your goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Apparently Sports Center in Florida has very little/no hockey highlights so I had to youtube it... that's pretty rough, even for the notoriously rough Bruins... way over the line.

While the hit on miller may have been a little over the line, The Sabres should of had some retaliation attempt.