Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pittsburgh also gives up the most amount of shots of any team, but allows the fewest. Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Toronto has a well rounded arsenal of firepower at their disposal. I have maintained that the Leafs are not a team to be taken lightly and that they are a serious post season contender. Pittsburgh is a really good hockey team, but one has to admit that the Leafs are on even ground or better up front and defensively, while Fleury is no doubt the better goalie amongst either team. The Leafs have played some fantastic hockey this month and I have no doubt they are going to make the playoffs. It's a tight race this year but someone has to win and someone has to lose.
    We really only need 1 of 4 teams to start playing shitty to guarantee it, I just hope a team like Buffalo doesn't pull a rabbit out of their ass right now and start competing hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Hmm, I don't agree with you, or Conscript. Here's why:

The NHL players play an 82 game season, 41 of those game they are in a different part of the nation. They don't 'work' normal hour, they are either traveling on their 'days off' or practicing. Hockey is an extremely physical sport. Top physical shape is required and most of the time players spend most of their days in the workout room.

I just don't understand why people spit all over the fact that players get a week off. To visit families, to sleep in for a couple of days, to do anything really... I understand the game sucks. But it gives player a chance to relax and play with some different people in a casual game..

I don't know call me crazy but I enjoyed the allstar game. I enjoyed seeing these players just being themselves and having fun on the ice. Yes its an ego stroke, but who cares?

My mind is wandering today due to RL issues, I don't think I got enough of my point across, but fuck it. That's all you get.

TL;DR: I enjoyed the allstar game.

(Come at me BROs) <---/sarcasm
    I actually completely agree with Chedda. I love watching the Skills comp and the game, I find them quite enjoyable to watch. Wish they had mic'ed Timmy up again though, that's one mother fucking funny Goaltender the Bruins have. Not mentioning, its a nice way to see the game and the players in a different light.

PS. Those talking about Crosby, if it annoys you this much, IGNORE IT. We can't change how the media act's if we keep reacting to the media. Side note, for those who think a concussion is an easy thing to get over, its not. There's a reason guys like Pat Lafontaine and other's had to quit the game early or had greatly diminished career's, because they didn't recover properly from a brain injury. That's what it is, if you think you can recover quickly from one, by all means, go mess up your own life doing that. If your just annoyed at the media coverage, get annoyed at the media, not the player. Player's for the most part, even Crosby, don't want media attention from it, they just want to recover and play. That's it. The media conference's, the circus around it, that's his clubs fault + the media's, not his.

Player who is surprising? Lupul. Not even a question about it.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2012-02-01 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did jame duthie just say hawks and nucks was the best rivalry in hockey?

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    I actually completely agree with Chedda. I love watching the Skills comp and the game, I find them quite enjoyable to watch. Wish they had mic'ed Timmy up again though, that's one mother fucking funny Goaltender the Bruins have. Not mentioning, its a nice way to see the game and the players in a different light.

PS. Those talking about Crosby, if it annoys you this much, IGNORE IT. We can't change how the media act's if we keep reacting to the media. Side note, for those who think a concussion is an easy thing to get over, its not. There's a reason guys like Pat Lafontaine and other's had to quit the game early or had greatly diminished career's, because they didn't recover properly from a brain injury. That's what it is, if you think you can recover quickly from one, by all means, go mess up your own life doing that. If your just annoyed at the media coverage, get annoyed at the media, not the player. Player's for the most part, even Crosby, don't want media attention from it, they just want to recover and play. That's it. The media conference's, the circus around it, that's his clubs fault + the media's, not his.

Player who is surprising? Lupul. Not even a question about it.
    Did you read the article I linked? It might not even be a concussion that he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Did you read the article I linked? It might not even be a concussion that he had.
    Did you read his post?
    He doesn't care.

Or am I encouraging a troll here?

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Did you read his post?
    He doesn't care.

Or am I encouraging a troll here?
    No troll. I don't care if Crosby is playing or not. But it's the people having hernia's over the media coverage that is starting to annoy me.

And I think it was Rennauld's post cause he was getting angry about it the most.

And I did read the article, would explain why its taken Crosby SOOOO long. With the way the human nervous system is set up, his neck would be unable to support his body normally and pinching certain nerves would more then likely cause concussion like symptoms.

4-1 Leafs. Fuck yea.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2012-02-01 at 02:06 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Greeney: My problem with Grabs is that he can be a very streaky player. Sure, he has 18 goals in 50 games, but he has had his best production the last month and a half or so. I think though that he has panned out much better then people anticipated when we got him from Montreal. People hated him because he was selfish the first two years, but playing with Kulie and MacArthur has really rounded him into a good two way player under Wilson. He has shown some exceptional defensive ability at times while still being a reasonably productive scorer. I think though that Kulemin has struggled mightily this year, but there were high expectations for the whole line to have a repeat season.

Also lol @ Hawks/Nucks being the biggest rivalry, maybe the biggest developing rivalry since the lockout, but not the biggest rivalry. There is a huge amount of hatred and animosity between Leafs and Sens fans this year, not so much with Montreal because they are sucking the big one this season.

LOL Bozer and Clarke Mac with goals 19 seconds apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-1 leafs.. burke sign garbo now please

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No troll. I don't care if Crosby is playing or not. But it's the people having hernia's over the media coverage that is starting to annoy me.

And I think it was Rennauld's post cause he was getting angry about it the most.

And I did read the article, would explain why its taken Crosby SOOOO long. With the way the human nervous system is set up, his neck would be unable to support his body normally and pinching certain nerves would more then likely cause concussion like symptoms.

4-1 Leafs. Fuck yea.
    I am just tired of hearing about Crosby like he is being forced down our throats, that's my point. Or do people forget that there is a season going on right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    did u all see the goal anderson gave up.. from like centre ice

Also lol @ Hawks/Nucks being the biggest rivalry, maybe the biggest developing rivalry since the lockout, but not the biggest rivalry. There is a huge amount of hatred and animosity between Leafs and Sens fans this year, not so much with Montreal because they are sucking the big one this season.

LOL Bozer and Clarke Mac with goals 19 seconds apart.
    Ottawa doesn't have fans, only bandwagoners who came to watch them when they do well. Real fans always support their teams.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck was that?

I am just tired of hearing about Crosby like he is being forced down our throats, that's my point. Or do people forget that there is a season going on right now?
    My entire point was, ignore it! The media is the media, is the media! We might mention it, but at most, that's all your gonna get from the majority of people in this thread. You have a mute button when the news starts talking about it, you have a web address to change the bar on tsn.ca or nhl.com. We don't care if hes playing, you don't care if hes playing, so lets get back to the season!

PS. Until we all chip in and buy our own Hockey media page and channel, its just the way it is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much for the 3 goal lead <_<

Was talking about him, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Was talking about him, not you.
    Ahh.

Sweet Christ Leafs! I like exciting Hockey, but exciting too me is you guys with a 4-1 lead! You don't have to make it more interesting!

Wowzer Leafs....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No goaltender interference? Wouldn't surprise me if the refs jew the Leafs out of another regulation win.

No goaltender interference? Wouldn't surprise me if the refs jew the Leafs out of another regulation win.
    No interference, it just went off Malkin and in unfortunately. I more blame them for getting to comfortable and not clamping down the jaws of death on them.

Sigh Leafs, sigh.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2012-02-01 at 02:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    seriously Toronto? 4-1 and its 4-4 now? you actually gave Pitt at least 1 point? Jesus Christ.