15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Not so sure about that. After seeing Quick last night, and his play over the season, I think he wins Vezina.
    If Lundqvist doesn't win it this year I think he might snap. He should have already one at least one. This year he is top 3 in every major statistic. He is better than Quick in every single category imaginable.

10+ Year Old Account

FML

15+ Year Old Account
    The sad part about the Leafs is that at least the fans could take solace in the fact that they were supporting the pension of the hardworking educators when they bought merchandise, tickets, etc. for their terrible team. Now they will be supporting media moguls with their blind fandom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    FML
    HAPPY LED!!!!

starting to get close to a decade...of failure

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Lunqvist has the best chance of winning. Its mainly down to him, Quick, and Rinne. I've always been unclear on what are the major selling points are for voters on those trophies. By definition, it's "adjudged to be the best at this position" (credit wikipedia) but it all comes down to the guys voting. Lunqvist has been the best goalie this year without a doubt but he has a pretty good backup, as does Quick. Having a good backup goalie makes the job of the starting goalie so much easier. Biron has 12 wins behind Lunqvist. When you look at Nashville, their backup only started 8 games this year. Workload should be a big factor and if it is, I think Rinne has a real good shot at sneaking the trophy. Hate to sound like a homer here but there's no way around it for me. Mika Kiprusoff should be in the Vezina discussion at least. I'm not asking for him to be a nominee which he won't be, but the guy really doesn't get acknowledged at all. The numbers aren't spectacular like Lunqvist's but there's other stuff to consider. The Calgary Flames are in the bottom 1/3rd of the NHL in Goals. Middle of the pack for +/- and a really unskilled team with not many positives. I know we're not in the playoffs but they're playing way over their heads and the reason is because of the goal tending. Without Kiprusoff, the Flames are probably in the position the Blue Jackets are in at the moment. As far as a goalie carrying the workload of a team, he has def. done the best job in the NHL. I know I'll get flamed for thinking that but with only 1 win from our 2 backups COMBINED, it really is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    FML
    At least you have won a cup...

No cups in modern times would still have me put them down as 0 cups.
    What good does a cup in the 30s matter in the 2000s or 2010s when they have been non-contenders for years? I'd rather say that only 30 years back matter. Tops.
    I would say 20, but that's about where I started paying attention to hockey, and it doesn't feel as long ago as it is :x

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    oh,I thought it was because they cant get any worse....
    There's always worse. Losing in game 7, at home, during the Stanley Cup finals... that's got to be the worst feeling in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What good does a cup in the 30s matter in the 2000s or 2010s when they have been non-contenders for years? I'd rather say that only 30 years back matter. Tops.
    I would say 20, but that's about where I started paying attention to hockey, and it doesn't feel as long ago as it is :x
    I agree, 20 should be the limit for modern times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    There's always worse. Losing in game 7, at home, during the Stanley Cup finals... that's got to be the worst feeling in the world.
    So your reasoning is that if you aren't going to win the cup, you might as well miss the playoff altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    So your reasoning is that if you aren't going to win the cup, you might as well miss the playoff altogether?
    Honestly, no.
    Though, I lived with a Canucks fan who made fun of me last year for being a Steelers fan. I told him he had nothing to brag about being a Chargers fan; his logic was that its better to not making the playoffs than lose in the playoffs because you get a better draft pick. Then the Canucks go and lose in the SC finals.

At the moment, I honestly rather lose in regulation than lose in the Stanley Cup finals. I think that would be more heartbreaking than the massive February fail we had.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-03-29 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the only advantage I see to losing before the SCF is that you can still watch hockey, even if your team isn't playing.

Honestly, no.
    Though, I lived with a Canucks fan who made fun of me last year for being a Steelers fan. I told him he had nothing to brag about being a Chargers fan; his logic was that its better to not making the playoffs than lose in the playoffs because you get a better draft pick. Then the Canucks go and lose in the SC finals.

At the moment, I honestly rather lose in regulation than lose in the Stanley Cup finals. I think that would be more heartbreaking than the massive February fail we had.
    I can't agree with that opinion. I mean that's why there are playoffs, to contest the best teams against each other. It's about knowing that reached the top of the totem pole, battling each team, each round, game in and game out to be the very best. Plus with the playoffs, anything can happen. 8th seeds upset 1st seeds and games go into triple over time. Stars are born in the playoffs and better yet, history is made(see what I did there?).

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    I can't agree with that opinion. I mean that's why there are playoffs, to contest the best teams against each other. It's about knowing that reached the top of the totem pole, battling each team, each round, game in and game out to be the very best. Plus with the playoffs, anything can happen. 8th seeds upset 1st seeds and games go into triple over time. Stars are born in the playoffs and better yet, history is made(see what I did there?).
    lol. I agree that anything can happen, and I would do anything to see my team have the opportunity to win the Stanley Cup finals (even if that meant we might lose). But, if the year ended and we lost in the SC finals I think I would be far more depressed than I am right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma
    Honestly, the only advantage I see to losing before the SCF is that you can still watch hockey, even if your team isn't playing.
    Eh, if we can get a top 4 draft pick it could be worthwhile. Rather be in the playoffs, but still an advantage towards the future.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-03-29 at 01:37 AM.

lol. I agree that anything can happen, and I would do anything to see my team have the opportunity to win the Stanley Cup finals (even if that meant we might lose). But, if the year ended and we lost in the SC finals I think I would be far more depressed than I am right now.
    Since we haven't been to the Cup Finals since our origination as a club, I'd happily except a loss in the finals than not making the playoffs.

Another great game by Schneider. I'm calling it right now, he's going to be the next great American goalie.

And of course losing in the SCF is depressing. I was legitimately sad for a week, and the loss lingered around for a while. Even now when people mention it, I just think of what could have been. So next time any of you try using the "lost in SCF" or "no cups" argument, just remember, you're not trolling me, just making me sad

And apparently, we're going to the SCF again this year, otherwise this video would not have been made

I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    exactly why he wont win the vezina, dude has less starts than some other goalies have wins.
    It's not only his GP, but most of his numbers are generally low with high percentages. And that doesn't usually cut it with Vezina nominations. Hank certainly deserves a nod, but so does Rinne, Kipper and Quick. Raask could have been there had he not gotten injured , same with Howard. As much as I'll pull for Hank to get his first, I'd love to see Rinne get it. That motherfucker has stood on his head for that club two seasons straight

Rinne is one of those special goalies who night after night gives his team the ability to win. I enjoy watching him between the pipes. It's always a treat when he comes to town.

Deleted
    I have been "rooting?" for St Louis Blues since I was 4-5 years old and hockey cards were popular in sweden. Was around 92-93 dont remember really.
    Thought blues had a cool symbol and swedish colors and blue was/is my fav color and they had Brett Hull!

Anyway so they never came really far since I have been rooting for them and not won the stanley cup but we will see this year. Nr1 in the season so might be fun Done REALLY good this season! But when they do get in the play off they go out fast but I hope this year will be different.

Its fun when ppl ask here in sweden or friends which NHL team you like and you say Blues they are like "O.o what team?" and like "are u retarded?"

Never heard anyone else that like blues and its the first time I see on a forum in this thread that someone do like them. Go blues!
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2012-03-29 at 07:05 PM.

The Blues were so awesome in the mid-90's. I used to love watching Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis and Fuhr play when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure they grabbed a Presidents Trophy around that time too.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Uh, what have you been smoking? You make it sound like for the last 20 years they've never even had a good team. So thats 1992-2012? What was the early 90's again? Oh right, the cost of a trip to the Final's because Kerry Fraser made the biggest mistake of his career and let Wayne Gretzky get away with high sticking Dougy Gilmour in the face, then scored the goal that sent us home seconds later. Then the early 2000's, we had a team getting 100+ points for 3 seasons? Yea, we've had absolutely NO fucking contender's in the last 20 years.

Don't be like every other fan who seems to get a laugh out of kicking a team's fans when there down. Don't be that prick.