10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I would have told you that at the start of the season.
    With how they were playing? I'd have thought they might miss the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    no Toronto fan can ever say that to a Canucks fan.

I'm still thinking they'll be knocked out in the first round. Second round at best. And they will ironically probably take the President's Trophy to top it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs do the opposite. Come out strong, then somewhere midseason - usually just before or just after the all-star break - blow it.

Deleted
    Rangers have some tough games ahead, so hopefully Canucks will top the league

I hope not. I'm happy with top in West. The Canucks have been quietly flying under the radar and been playing surprising well with almost no scoring. Almost everyone in the 'top half' of thw West is shrugging them off, it's better this way.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like for the Canucks to do well too; with the Leafs playing their usual way, I need SOMEONE to cheer for in the playoffs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any fan can say whatever they want to another teams fan. We're all hockey fans here, nobody is bound to 1 team. He was stating the truth, Canucks had a rough start but they are where they are because having a great team. All they need to do is stand up to other teams that are going to bully them in the playoffs. I'm sure everyone has seen the game tape on how Boston ragdolled Vancouver in the finals and will try to repeat that. They can cry to the refs all they want and claim they'll rebound on the power play but they're going to need to hold their ground. If the Canucks cant match the toughness of another Boston, its going to be a rough playoffs. Despite being a complete shit division, Vancouver really is an amazing team. I called a repeat cup final appearance earlier in the week while @ the bar with some friends. Just don't burn down your city if you lose again~

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I saw something in the paper about the Vancouver Police preparing for the playoffs this year.
    I hope everyone remembers what an embarrassment that was to Vancouver - and the rest of Canada - last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I saw something in the paper about the Vancouver Police preparing for the playoffs this year.
    I hope everyone remembers what an embarrassment that was to Vancouver - and the rest of Canada - last year.
    I've heard no more outdoor TVs and blocked off streets this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    That's good. I wasn't here for last year, but with how bad traffic already is in this city, we don't need more blocked streets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I i like this. Hawks wings / preds that's more scary than stars, coyotes... It's a sad situation the Hawks are in
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I'm not sure I i like this. Hawks wings / preds that's more scary than stars, coyotes... It's a sad situation the Hawks are in
    Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I just dont want LA for reasons I've already posted lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've heard it won't matter since they are going out to the Sharks in the first round.

Anyone else find it incredibly hilarious that the Stars are about to piss away the playoffs for the second year in a row when they essentially control their own fate?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-01 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I've heard it won't matter since they are going out to the Sharks in the first round.
    ahahah

not going to happen.

I'm so tired of the NBC announcers. They're so biased whenever the Flyers play the Penguins; it honestly seems like they'd love to just get on their knees and give the Penguins a hand.

On a more serious hockey note, I don't understand how many missed calls the Flyers are going to get against the Pens; Crosby's blatant slash on Giroux after the faceoff in the 2nd, Malkin's obvious roughing call on Giroux when he took him down.. It's insane how bad it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    I'm so tired of the NBC announcers. They're so biased whenever the Flyers play the Penguins; it honestly seems like they'd love to just get on their knees and give the Penguins a hand.
    The few times I've watched TSN2 to see hockey, it's an NBC feed. The announcers often seem like they're watching another game entirely. They dont get names right and they are calling things that aren't happening. It's really annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post

On a more serious hockey note, I don't understand how many missed calls the Flyers are going to get against the Pens; Crosby's blatant slash on Giroux after the faceoff in the 2nd, Malkin's obvious roughing call on Giroux when he took him down.. It's insane how bad it is.
    first of all, its NBC, no matter WHO the penguins play they blow the penguins.
    second of all, which Crosby slash are you refering too, the dude chopped enough lumber today alone to heat my house through NEXT winter.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    first of all, its NBC, no matter WHO the penguins play they blow the penguins.
    second of all, which Crosby slash are you refering too, the dude chopped enough lumber today alone to heat my house through NEXT winter.
    Stated it in the comments. Right after the slash Giroux drew a penalty from the Pens for tripping; can't recall the name at the moment.
    But I appreciate the comment. It's nice to know that it's not just me noticing this. I hate watching anything other than CSN when I watch hockey because most other commentators are mad biased (VS seems okay, but I don't particularly like the commentators there)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    The few times I've watched TSN2 to see hockey, it's an NBC feed. The announcers often seem like they're watching another game entirely. They dont get names right and they are calling things that aren't happening. It's really annoying.
    Watching any hockey game on NBC gives me a migraine, it's dreadful how bad these announcers are. Putting hockey on NBC is the league's attempt at making it main stream to get more people into it....they did that to NASCAR as well. NASCAR used to be a "sport" for it's redneck fan base and it was 100% about the fandom then it went mainstream and it turned into nothing but corporate bullshit.