10+ Year Old Account
    As as Hawks fan, I hate the Wings and their players as much as the guy next to me. But what Weber did was completely unwarranted and classless and deserves WAY more that a $2,500 fine. Personally I'm cheering for the Wings because 1) Those TooToo whistles at Preds games are annoying and childish and 2) A Hawks/Wings playoff series is ALWAYS good for hockey.

Hope today's games are as awesome as yesterday's. Also, suck it Luongo. You mom called and said she doesn't love you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so by your own admission the first goal was luck.
    by the way, Zetterberg is one of the classiest players and most respected players in the league, i'd take him at his word, even if i wasnt a wings fan.
    but hey, you are just a blind and ignorant homer.

And fuzzzie, if i get infracted for that idc, the truth is the truth. this guy ignores whats blatently obvious. even other predators fans say he should be suspended.
    You called me a name, even though the outcome didn't hurt my feelings, the intent was to harm me, they should throw the book at you by your logic. Did I get that right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    You called me a name, even though the outcome didn't hurt my feelings, the intent was to harm me, they should throw the book at you by your logic. Did I get that right?
    the book says i can get infracted for it, i already accepted, in my own post, the punishment for my actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    the book says i can get infracted for it, i already accepted, in my own post, the punishment for my actions.
    If Shanahan does the infraction, you'll only have your post count lowered by 250.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    If Shanahan does the infraction, you'll only have your post count lowered by 250.
    LMAO thanks for making me laugh.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should scream and cry for a full on ban, but then I'd have to buy a Red Wings jersey and buy a chip to put on my shoulder. Too much work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should scream and cry for a full on ban, but then I'd have to buy a Red Wings jersey and buy a chip to put on my shoulder. Too much work.
    You honestly need to stop trying to cause shit. At this point in time, you're just being a prat. The 3 major Wings fans in this thread, moved on and stopped talking about, before you brought it up again. You can as well.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    why? the rules say i can be infracted, i have already accepted that i can be infracted for it.
    the reason wings fans (and others might i add, even fans of your own tema think a suspension is warranted) is because it warrants a suspension, anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking something. Shea should have gotten a 2-3 game suspension. this is a slap on teh wrist. for all intents and purposes i can give Bertuzzi 2500$ to go drive Weber through the glass, and as long as shea weber isnt injured the result for bertuzzi is nothing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    You honestly need to stop trying to cause shit. At this point in time, you're just being a prat. The 3 major Wings fans in this thread, moved on and stopped talking about, before you brought it up again. You can as well.
    I can. I won't. But thanks for the option. Prat.

15+ Year Old Account
    honestly, i am still pissed as shit about it, but i look forward to the wings kicking ass the rest of the series and we can look back and laugh at how we beat them DESPITE this. the preds got outworked in game 1 and this is just going to be fuel on the fire.
    Wings win this series and advance, as i predicted earlier.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    why? the rules say i can be infracted, i have already accepted that i can be infracted for it.
    the reason wings fans (and others might i add, even fans of your own tema think a suspension is warranted) is because it warrants a suspension, anyone who thinks otherwise is smoking something. Shea should have gotten a 2-3 game suspension. this is a slap on teh wrist. for all intents and purposes i can give Bertuzzi 2500$ to go drive Weber through the glass, and as long as shea weber isnt injured the result for bertuzzi is nothing.
    No one's stopping you. And Bertuzzi would probably do it for less.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 04:11 PM ----------

honestly, i am still pissed as shit about it, but i look forward to the wings kicking ass the rest of the series and we can look back and laugh at how we beat them DESPITE this. the preds got outworked in game 1 and this is just going to be fuel on the fire.
    Wings win this series and advance, as i predicted earlier.
    Preds in 6.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one's stopping you. And Bertuzzi would probably do it for less.
    bertuzzi isn't a goon type, he made 1 mistake in years past its haunted him since. the injury didnt even occur from bertuzzi's hit. i hate what he did, but i love having Bert on our team, he is a very good player. like i said though, wings take this series, and i highly doubt there will be any more retaliation other than a fight or clean KRONWALLED hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    bertuzzi isn't a goon type, he made 1 mistake in years past its haunted him since. the injury didnt even occur from bertuzzi's hit. i hate what he did, but i love having Bert on our team, he is a very good player. like i said though, wings take this series, and i highly doubt there will be any more retaliation other than a fight or clean KRONWALLED hit.
    Just pull a Duncan Keith.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Just pull a Duncan Keith.
    bert would get a season just cuz his name.

15+ Year Old Account
    And fuzzzie, if i get infracted for that idc, the truth is the truth. this guy ignores whats blatently obvious. even other predators fans say he should be suspended.
    You should just ignore him. The situation will resolve itself shortly I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    rofl Richards is pathetic getting his ass kicked by Bieksa... Burrows can fight him anytime he wants he jus wasnt expecting him to stand directly in the way.
    Wow. I hope you don't actually believe what you're saying. Next up; How Lapierre isn't a Douche.

That was a nice dive by Zetterberg. I was close enough to hear his helmet hit the glass. He came in and hit Weber square in the middle of the back, and Weber retaliated. His head barely hit the glass, it wasn't half as serious as people are making it out to be.
    He dove by having Weber wrap his hands around his head? What? O_o

I'm glad all Shanny cares about is injuries, fucking retard he turned out to be. Congrats Weber on getting fined for two suspendable offenses, just because the player didn't get injured. Be as reckless as you fucking want and just hope the guy doesn't get injured.

Fuck the Preds now, when we beat you in 7 games, we're gonna sign Suter and watch as all your UFAs leave your organization.
    Said a while ago that it was retarded to use injuries as the determining factor when it comes to suspensions. It's an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalador
    You Red Wings fans are hilarious. You win games, and everything is legal and legit, but you lose or get a cheap shot against you and no one ever hears the end of it. Z's safety was never in question, so get over it. A punch to the face would have been far more brutal than pushing his face into a flexible glass pane.
    Not a Red Wings fan; they have every right to be pissed off. I'm sure Weber was concerned most for Zetterberg's safety while he slammed his head into the boards, his thought process must have been "Hey, this board is flexible; I have no interest in causing harm."

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    LOL at the LA Kings for their wonderful tweet "too everyone in canada, outside of bc ... your welcome. lol made my day.
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by Khalador
    You don't suspend someone for the rest of a series for not hurting someone. Intent isn't that serious and that's a fine line in a physical game.
    Longest suspension of the season: Sutton - 8 games. He chargded Ponikarovsky. Refs didn't even call it charging. Nobody was injured. There's a reason that everyone is worried about players taking hits to their heads. Intentionally shoving someone's head into a board is not acceptable.

Luck didn't get us the #4 seed over of the #5 Red Wings. We play strong and consistent and will win this series. I don't care about the legacy of the Red Wings, I care about the here and now. 21 straight playoff appearances mean nothing to me. Here. Now.
    A difference of two over time losses = bragging rights? I don't think so. At least have the decency to use common sense.

The here and now is that if Preds lose to Red Wings, the core of the team is breaking up. I hope they don't lose, but I think you ought to be more worried than the Detroit fans over your players making stupid decisions.

Yes, he should get an infraction. He did something he knew was wrong and he broke the rules. That's how punishments work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's looking like the game of the night? I'm thinking either Boston/Washington or Phoenix/Chicago but both series' just don't have what the other 3 had last night. Oh well, it's playoffs - bound to have one awesome game at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chat is up for the game's on tonight.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Join if you like.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    League is just scared they're going to screw Nashville over by suspending Weber, which imo is complete shit. Consistent discipline and the NHL have been such a joke for the last how many years? The players keep doing retarded shit like that because they know they can get away with it now. Should have suspended Duncan Keith for 20 games for what he did, should have suspended Weber for the rest of the playoffs. It's unacceptable and if Zetterberg actually did get injured, it would only have been a 2 game suspension because Shanny is too afraid to cripple a team like that.

As for the guy with the Kesler avatar, I can barely handle listening to Jim Houston after that game. He is more than a homer, he's more ridiculous than the guys you hear on the radio. I'll be looking for an American feed of the rest of the series if I can and that's saying a lot. I get that he's a good announcer and I agree with that but there comes a point where you have to draw the line. For example, he calls Kesler interfering with Quick on the first goal "good strategy" or whatever he said. After they scored him yelling HERE COMES QUICK COMPLAINING BUT THE REFS SAY NO. Come on now, isn't there some sort of CBC-Canuck's channel this asshole can be on? I would way rather hear Bob Cole call a game than Jim call a Canuck game.

For the record, I didn't mind him when he was calling the Leaf games, wasn't even in the same atmosphere as bias when he calls the Canucks.
    It seems like every Leafs game Jim Houghson has ever called he did nothing but bitch and criticize the Leafs. I wish CBC would can his incompetent and whiny ass. Not only is he biased as hell, he drones like no other. Joe Bowen is still in my estimation one of the best play by play guys in hockey, and even if he is a Leafs homer, he is still one of the most exciting guys to listen to.