10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Bitz got 2 games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Phx has too many men on ice but refs miss that call, ends up being a phx goal... aaaand Mike Smith plays the puck outside the trapezoid but it doesnt get called.. still 20 minutes to go and im happy Toews scored on his second shift back after missing 22 games. CMON HAWKS, LETS GET THIS!

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG GOAL SEABROOK !!! 2-2 Going into OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    OMG GOAL SEABROOK !!! 2-2 Going into OT!
    LOL Just came here to say it! WOOOOO!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    LOL Just came here to say it! WOOOOO!
    My heart is pounding so god damn hard right now...was sweating bullets! C'mon Hawks pull this out of your ass & win this!

10+ Year Old Account
    A little annoyed that during the first period intermission of the Hawks/Yotes game and literally the ENTIRE TIME all I hear about is the Penguins and Flyers + an interview with he-who-shall-not-be-named.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    My heart is pounding so god damn hard right now...was sweating bullets! C'mon Hawks pull this out of your ass & win this!
    I can actually breathe now! Hawks need to go out there in ot guns blazing!!! CMON HAWKS LETS GET THIS!!!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 11:43 PM ----------

A little annoyed that during the first period intermission of the Hawks/Yotes game and literally the ENTIRE TIME all I hear about is the Penguins and Flyers + an interview with he-who-shall-not-be-named.
    =/ csn had the rights here so nbc got blacked out for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn thought we had it. Oh well, lots of hockey left in this series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn thought we had it. Oh well, lots of hockey left in this series.
    tears. so many tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a shitty first goal for the 'Yotes, was clearly too many men on the ice. Anyway, Smith stole that game, incredible game by him.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, theres the first game stolen by Mike Smith. At least you guys maybe injured Vrbada, can't see the Yotes winning without him. Also really impressed by the quality of games these first 2 nights. Only game I didn't really enjoy was the Rangers / Sens. Shaping up to be an amazing first round, can't wait for tomorrow night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Kind of a shitty first goal for the 'Yotes, was clearly too many men on the ice. Anyway, Smith stole that game, incredible game by him.
    The poor defense really came out in the second for the Hawks, both goalies played lights out. Get em on Saturday Hawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed today's games after being called in for an afternoon shift at work, but managed to see the overtime goals in both the SJS/Stl and Pho/Chi games live thanks to well-timed coffee breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    So United Center it's time to raise hell on Saturday.. As said clearly to many men on the ice didn't get called and they got a goal.... How unlucky is that...
    Anyway I didn't belive we would sweep the serie, so let's just give them one victory..
    Sharp and Kane are going to man up a tad if the Blackhawks are going to make any noise in the postseason.
    On the bright side our Blues fan went back into the hole.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Lot's of upsets so far with these playoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Wow. Lot's of upsets so far with these playoffs.
    Yeah, I was thinking the same.

Well everyone should of known this could be a classic year for the playoffs. I think just about everyone I've seen ( other than crazy people) think pretty much every series goes at least 6.

I'll add my one comment on the whole game one thing so at least the fan base doesn't look as stupid, Most of us on the team forums thought it was going to be a 1 game suspension. We were ok with that, and honestly we were shocked by the $2500 dollar fine. Apparently Weber said it was due to an uncalled slash earlier on, but even with that it was uncalled for. Weber probably got lucky in the fact Shanny didn't want to look like he was favoring Detroit due to old ties, anything further won't have that benefit.

When its all said and done the decision has been made and thats that. If Detroit comes out and does anything crazy you know its going to probably get whoever does it nailed. Once again not worth it, you are already down Helm and I want a good series, not one decided by Shanny.

All and all the first game was fairly clean as far as hockey games goes. The action done by Weber is an exception and not the rule with this team. I think everyone here knows we don't generally do stuff like that ( well unless you ask Ducks fans, but they think everyone is super dirty but them) so I would hope both teams just get it over with in the first 4-5 minutes and be done with it. The last thing we need to do is beat the crap out of each other, its gonna be a long enough series without all of that.

Now as far as the game goes, yeah we got two lucky goals, but thats hockey. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good in the playoffs. I will say this however, Babcock better find an answer for our 3rd and 4th lines, they wooped some serious butt Wednesday night. We basically won with what advantage we do have, one heck of a goalie and 3rd and 4th lines that have guys with 15-17 goals splattered all over them ( And Hornquist leads the team and he was on the third lol).

Oh and on the faceoff note, you may have won the statistic overall, but Gaustad won the last 3 in a row when it mattered most. Dude has already been worth the trade one game into the series.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-04-13 at 11:25 AM.

damn i finally got to see an update for the hawks/yotes game, and if the yotes think they won fair and square with that bullshit to many men on the ice goal, they need to do some fact checking.

with that. go san jose goooo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the "Too Many Men" miss mentioned quite a few times now, yet I don't think anyone has brought up the offside goal that Philly had that started their comeback.

Then again, I don't think we've had any Pens or Flyer fans in here for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've seen the "Too Many Men" miss mentioned quite a few times now, yet I don't think anyone has brought up the offside goal that Philly had that started their comeback.

Then again, I don't think we've had any Pens or Flyer fans in here for a while.
    The missed offsides is just too bizarre to talk about. How does any linesman miss that? Briere was offsides by four feet. The missed too many men is at least excusable since that is hard to catch and at least the Yote coming off was close to the bench. I believe the guy who played the puck and kept it in the zone was the guy who had just came off the bench, therefore making it too many men for playing the puck, so there is really no excuse besides not counting or keeping track since every guy is in front of the linesman there at the line.