Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Franzen regarding the David Legwand tug:

"He held me," Franzen said. "If he does it again, I'm going to do it again. He got called for it and I'm happy for that. We're a good team 4-on-4, so if he's going to do that again I'm happy to do it. Maybe I'll drag him out onto the ice and sit on him, I don't know … maybe do something else."

I damn near fell outta my chair I lol'd so hard

Deleted
    Hope this is allowed... Meanwhile in the Bruins vs Caps game...

Great job bruins.... Refs tho need to get their eye cleaned....... Goalie clearly threw his stick at the puck. Then chara gets a stick to the face... infront of two linesman. GG ohwell karma did what it had to do and now its 2-1 bruins thank you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    god that blues sharks game is dull. turned it off 16 mins left in the 3rd, my god. Haven't done that yet these playoffs, can this one please end asap?

I'm only watching it to laugh at the continuing fact that any player that leaves Toronto plays way better for their new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    god that blues sharks game is dull. turned it off 16 mins left in the 3rd, my god. Haven't done that yet these playoffs, can this one please end asap?
    That's Blues' hockey. A long, dull, boring grind of checking and physical play. Nothing fancy about it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I want them out of the playoffs. It's like watching the 49ers play Football, fucking christ

Also, Wednesday is going to be an awesome night of hockey. Sens / Rangers, Flyers / Pens, and to cap it all off Canucks / Kings.

ps did you guys hear about Shannahan possibly making Hagelin's suspension 1 game lighter if Alfredsson returns to action. That's such a shitty way to discipline. I have no doubt he's cracking under the pressure put on him by the Rangers and Tortorella. The original suspension length was an awful call but you can't suddenly go back on it because people are pressuring you to. Are these decisions left completely up to Shanny or what? He's proving to be incompetent at his job right now. They need like 6-7 people to help determine suspension lengths. He had his chance to set the bar in game 1 of Nashville / Detriot. Here's to hoping they clean their act up with all this shit.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-04-17 at 06:28 AM.

That was just a radio show I believe missing the point of what he is saying, then tweeting about. Changing the suspension would make him look terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Shaw was being reckless, he never slowed down, he never tried to avoid him.
    Sorry, but I'm calling BS. If the goalie isn't freezing it, you're allowed to play the puck. Shaw was going in for the poke on it and when he saw he missed it, he pulled his arm into his body and even absorbed most of the hit by recoiling away from Smith. He didn't lower his shoulder, and he didn't extend his elbow. Smith has the flop down to a science. Same thing happened with Evander Kane. I'll post the vid below.

"Keep your head up" applies to everyone on the ice, even goalies.

And for all the flailing, head holding, and doctor examining...Smith sure came back perfectly fine the rest of the game without even an eye flutter.

Quote Originally Posted by wbjack View Post
    Sorry, but I'm calling BS. If the goalie isn't freezing it, you're allowed to play the puck. Shaw was going in for the poke on it and when he saw he missed it, he pulled his arm into his body and even absorbed most of the hit by recoiling away from Smith. He didn't lower his shoulder, and he didn't extend his elbow. Smith has the flop down to a science. Same thing happened with Evander Kane. I'll post the vid below.

And for all the flailing, head holding, and doctor examining...Smith sure came back perfectly fine the rest of the game without even an eye flutter.
    It doesn't matter what the intent is, you know as a forward you can not run into a goalie like that. It doesn't matter even if he did try to avoid him and acted it up, if it looks bad and involves a goalie 9/10 times you are going to get nailed at least during the game.

Things in the NHL didn't suddenly change, they didn't suddenly decided to have a more hands off style when it comes to goalies. Every single player knows you gotta avoid goalies like the plague unless they are way out of place ( aka Miller earlier in the year). Shaw knew what he was doing and knew he should of at least tried and slow up. Shaw may not of hurt him that bad, but you don't put yourself in a position to allow them to act it up like that in the first place. You are always going to come out on the losing end.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Franzen regarding the David Legwand tug:

"He held me," Franzen said. "If he does it again, I'm going to do it again. He got called for it and I'm happy for that. We're a good team 4-on-4, so if he's going to do that again I'm happy to do it. Maybe I'll drag him out onto the ice and sit on him, I don't know … maybe do something else."

I damn near fell outta my chair I lol'd so hard
    It wasn't much of a hold tbh. If you watch it looks more like a reaction thing where Franzen hit Fisher right there and it was more of a " Hey dude chill" kind of thing. I don't think it was a situation where Legwand was deliberately trying to hold him in place or anything. Ultimately Franzen saying something like that cracks me up because he wouldn't do anything more than what he did the first time. Other than the dumbass move Weber made in game one the series has been rather civil and there really isn't enough hate for any player to drag anyone out like that.

Question I wonder, if you can get a penalty for grabbing like that off the bench, can you get one for dragging someone out of the bench? It would be funny to see what the Refs would do if he did drag him out and sat on him. If it wasn't for the fact it could get real ugly real fast I would pay to see that lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wbjack View Post

I think we've all pretty much established that Mike Smith definitely embellished the hit. But the hit itself makes it quite obvious that Shaw made 0 effort to get out of the way. He didn't slow down, he didn't try to squeeze past. He simply shoulders Smith in the head. The big thing this year has been head shots, this is no exception. He'll get a game whether you like it or not. If he doesn't, nobody will be surprised judging by the rest of the disciplinary shit thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I think we've all pretty much established that Mike Smith definitely embellished the hit. But the hit itself makes it quite obvious that Shaw made 0 effort to get out of the way. He didn't slow down, he didn't try to squeeze past. He simply shoulders Smith in the head. The big thing this year has been head shots, this is no exception. He'll get a game whether you like it or not. If he doesn't, nobody will be surprised judging by the rest of the disciplinary shit thrown out.
    If Smith isn't injured he may not get a game, but my bet is being it happened with a goalie involved it gets him one game.

Deleted

Even Kopitar couldn't help not to smile at this one

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Great job bruins.... Refs tho need to get their eye cleaned....... Goalie clearly threw his stick at the puck. Then chara gets a stick to the face... infront of two linesman. GG ohwell karma did what it had to do and now its 2-1 bruins thank you.
    Don't act like the Bruins aren't trying to throw their weight around on the smaller Caps team. More importantly, however, and something you can agree on with me - the linesmen need to get the f out of the way. Three times last night they were directly in the way of a Caps advance and at least once I saw the Bruins get held up by linesmen. I understand and appreciate the speed of the game and the fact that a linesman can occasionally be caught flat-footed, but at least four times in one game? Seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywins View Post

Even Kopitar couldn't help not to smile at this one
    Lol that's awesome. I didn't know they had made shirts about it!

I'm a Canucks fan and it's sad to think that we're most probably going out in the first round... The team on a whole is playing bad and I don't think it's because Daniel wasn't there, no one player should affect the dynamics or success of a team to that extent.

If peoples main team goes out, who will you root for? I think if Canucks are eliminated then I'll probably root for the Flyers. Their power play is amazing right now and they have been amazing fun to watch, not to mention the pace... They're really going for it, same as Penguins really, but yeah, Flyers are really on form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want one of those shirts! But yea I still cross my fingers that Nucks will get knocked out so Jannik Hansen can go play the Cup for Denmark, which would be a great benefits for us.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    If peoples main team goes out, who will you root for? I think if Canucks are eliminated then I'll probably root for the Flyers. Their power play is amazing right now and they have been amazing fun to watch, not to mention the pace... They're really going for it, same as Penguins really, but yeah, Flyers are really on form.
    i've already said it, but if the sharks lose round one (which they will, with how shitty their defense has been playing) i'll be routing for philadelphia. they have been doing all around fantastic playoff hockey so far.

i'd route for the kings, but i honestly feel they only reason they're whinning is because vancouver is just playing like shit. they wont go any further than round 2.

I'm rooting for the Kings if the Canucks are out.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    Order of teams I will support based on current series leader assuming Detroit is knocked out:
    1) Philly
    2) LA
    3) Nashville (would have been two but fuck Weber)
    4) Phoenix
    5) Blues
    6) Rangers
    7) Florida/NJ Winner
    8)Bruins
    9)Chicago if they beat Phoenix

conscript i like how you dont even have SJ as an option in there, but i honestly do not blame you.