10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahahah fucking learn it you pirk. Serves your right for that hit on Hossa.. 25 games supspension... guess the wheel was spined right.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow wait a second. Torres got TWENTY FIVE GAMES? Pro move by the NHL actually stepping to the plate and suspending a guy based on his lengthy history of suspensions and fines. Gone for the rest of the playoffs, which was the 25 games as that is the max they can play, all of the preseason, and then whatever games are left over. That is nuts.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 01:34 PM ----------

Mark Stone is apparently playing tonight for the Sens, some good junior kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the 25 game suspension ... was not expecting that.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow man wasnt expecting 25 games?is he trying to make an example of this?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    OMG BURN!! I freaking hate that about Chicago too. As a Detroit fan, I don't care if you chant at us after the game. Big deal. I'm sure that isn't the only time that has ever happened. Just comical that they would rather jeer Detroit than be cheering for the Preds lol.
    As I keep trying to point out to everyone its something thats turned into a tradition, its something that comes from when all we had were minor league hockey teams. I brought it up on the boards, and I think the statement was that as a fan base we probably never get that much respect. We have very much a college football atmosphere, and well we like it that way. In some wierd way it is our way of cheering for the Preds, and anyone that has played with the team very long understands this.

On a rather funny side note, apparently there was a Red Wings fan in the stands last night that tried starting fights with people all night long. The name on the back of his jersey.....none other than Shanny's

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    wow man wasnt expecting 25 games?is he trying to make an example of this?
    No, I think the NHL finally did what they needed to do a long time ago with him. Hopefully he finally freaking learns, or I'm guessing the next one will end up with a season.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-04-21 at 06:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fan base looking for respect? What?

5 games today, going to be a great day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post

On a rather funny side note, apparently there was a Red Wings fan in the stands last night that tried starting fights with people all night long. The name on the back of his jersey.....none other than Shanny's
    2500 dollar fine.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

On CBC, I believe they said that he was given that amount so he wouldn't be allowed to play even if Phoenix went 7 games in each series, if they go all the way to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    2500 dollar fine.
    LMAO. I think he ended up getting a first to the face and tossed out.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

is up and "active" Come slam the Bruins with us!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that being a repeat offender played a huge role in the length of the suspension. Either that or he tried attacking Shanahan during the hearing. 25 games puts it in a 3 way tie for second longest suspension ever, longer than Bertuzzi's, McSorley's and Hunter's suspension.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2012-04-21 at 09:14 PM.

Now if only they actually suspended star players when they do garbage like that for more than a game or just slapping a $2500 fine on them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Caps with a chance to seal the deal. First time in recent history that they've had solid goal tending. Can't believe he's still hanging in there.

There's a chance Mike Milbury thinks the same refs ref every game in the league.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Yeah, I totally didn't see that amount of games coming. I saw 10 max and maybe a warning like Matt Cooke got about cleaning up his act. Justice is served, I guess.
    I saw it coming. He is a repeat offender, 4 offences in the last few seasons and they were all pretty terrible incidents. I hope this sets a precedent and sends a ripple effect through the league. The thing is though that Shanahan really needs to remain consistent with these kinds of suspensions. If a player gets hurt due to an illegal hit to the head, especially if that player left his feet, whether the player is a repeat offender or not should be out of the question. I think Torres deserved more then 25 games, but I think that the only way it draws a line for the players is if the same suspensions are doled out to other players who do the same kind of thing. It's intent to injure, and the person making the hit needs to pay. Torres is going to lose a shit ton of money from his contract, probably won't play at all if there is a lock out this summer and the league either starts late or doesn't play until the following year. I doubt he will ever see another hockey contract in his lifetime after that hit on Hossa, and I hope it really does impact his career THAT negatively.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the wings were eliminated (GRRR)
    and it seems like the rest of the big dogs are on the way out too (Pitt, Boston, Vancouver).
    year of the underdog? guess the only two teams i have left to root for is NJ and Nashville (GRRRRRR). there aint a chance in hell i root for the Boos or the Blackcocks.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    As I keep trying to point out to everyone its something thats turned into a tradition, its something that comes from when all we had were minor league hockey teams. I brought it up on the boards, and I think the statement was that as a fan base we probably never get that much respect. We have very much a college football atmosphere, and well we like it that way. In some wierd way it is our way of cheering for the Preds, and anyone that has played with the team very long understands this.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 06:36 PM ----------

No, I think the NHL finally did what they needed to do a long time ago with him. Hopefully he finally freaking learns, or I'm guessing the next one will end up with a season.
    The next incident is going to be a permanent removal from professional hockey. I hope this is a clear indicator of what's not allowed in the NHL and that any similar offences result in the same punishment, repeat offenders or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a pass by Stone in his first NHL game, 1-0 Ottawa
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

If the Rangers don't wanna play playoff hockey I'd appreciate it if they could end this quickly so I can see Ottawa get absolutely raped by Pittsburgh/Philly.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wow wait a second. Torres got TWENTY FIVE GAMES? Pro move by the NHL actually stepping to the plate and suspending a guy based on his lengthy history of suspensions and fines. Gone for the rest of the playoffs, which was the 25 games as that is the max they can play, all of the preseason, and then whatever games are left over. That is nuts.

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 01:34 PM ----------

Mark Stone is apparently playing tonight for the Sens, some good junior kid.
    Mark Stone is an excellent prospect, very highly underrated. He was one of the best players in the World Junior's tournament this year, the kid is going to certainly be good once he develops. He is a fairly big boy at 6'3 and he has only gotten better in his junior career, having a career season with 41 goals and 82 assists for the Brandon Wheat Kings this year, the kid had 296 points in his junior career. Expect him to play for Binghamton next season and get some time developing, unless he makes the team out of camp next year.