10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Because your team is out. Just the same as last year.. when peoples team gets eliminated they disappear until the new season and then star smack talking again.. lol
    Detroit got knocked out in the 2nd last year and I posted till the end. I'm with Sykol... it's the teams that are left. None of the teams left are interesting or have an insane fanbase. These games honestly feel like regular season games.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    As much as I'd like to believe this is the reason, I honestly think it's because of the teams that are left, not the ones that have been eliminated. A lot of people kept up with the playoffs last year, especially to rip on Vancouver every chance they got, but who really cares about the teams that are still here now? Phoenix can't even pay fans to show up to their games. New Jersey has been irrelevant since, what, 2003? New York is about the best that's left, at least fanbase-wise, and even the crowd tonight was kinda meh. I didn't actually realize the game had come to an end because nobody cared. And Los Angeles post-Gretzky has been largely a joke. The final four are basically a ragtag band of sadness personified, and anyone getting behind them at this point is either a lifelong fan or bandwagoner (hi, Coyotes), so it makes it hard to feign any real interest in the series that are left when the teams themselves have been the goats of the league since at least the lockout. Nobody really loves or hates whoever's left, and so we're left with a general feeling of indifference towards the whole ordeal.

Edit: Also, I think I've used the word 'left' more times in this post than entire political campaigns combined.

...Left.
    '
    yeah this is how most fans feel. what can you do?
    Fans of hockey are around..team fans have qqleft.

---------- Post added 2012-05-17 at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Detroit got knocked out in the 2nd last year and I posted till the end. I'm with Sykol... it's the teams that are left. None of the teams left are interesting or have an insane fanbase. These games honestly feel like regular season games.
    teams present now have beaten all the teams most of you hoped would be here now. Chiding them now when they're in the race for the cup is lame.

For me there is just no one left that I like. Never have liked NY/NJ teams and pretty much the same for LA teams of any sport. Phoenix I can't bring myself to root for, really hard to get behind a team when there own city won't support them.

Seems like so far I'm right, LA has ripped Smith a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    '
    yeah this is how most fans feel. what can you do?
    Fans of hockey are around..team fans have qqleft
    well i still look at the tread everyday or so,but I dont really have anything to say..but go new jersey now....

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for LA to win it all. They deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Can't wait for LA to win it all. They deserve it.
    I agree. I really hope they're going to win it, and I think so if I'm honest.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

rooting for Phoenix just because former Canuck Raffi Torres is on the team lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    As much as I'd like to believe this is the reason, I honestly think it's because of the teams that are left, not the ones that have been eliminated. A lot of people kept up with the playoffs last year, especially to rip on Vancouver every chance they got, but who really cares about the teams that are still here now? Phoenix can't even pay fans to show up to their games. New Jersey has been irrelevant since, what, 2003? New York is about the best that's left, at least fanbase-wise, and even the crowd tonight was kinda meh. I didn't actually realize the game had come to an end because nobody cared. And Los Angeles post-Gretzky has been largely a joke. The final four are basically a ragtag band of sadness personified, and anyone getting behind them at this point is either a lifelong fan or bandwagoner (hi, Coyotes), so it makes it hard to feign any real interest in the series that are left when the teams themselves have been the goats of the league since at least the lockout. Nobody really loves or hates whoever's left, and so we're left with a general feeling of indifference towards the whole ordeal.

Edit: Also, I think I've used the word 'left' more times in this post than entire political campaigns combined.

...Left.
    I think it's that plus there just isn't a lot of scoring so for a lot of people it turns into "boring" hockey. Out of all the teams in the playoffs last year there were 6 teams scoring over 3 goals a game and this year we have 3 with only LA remaining. Last year we had 1 team score less than 2 goals a game and this year there's 4. The only good thing is most of the games are close so they there is usually drama right up until the last minute.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking the East series but the West one is just Phoenix getting dunked on. They had no right to even be close in game 1, that's gonna be a sweep or 5 games at most. There's no real fire or passion in the teams like there was in the first series it seems. I'm sure the NHL had something to say about all the suspensions that's warranting them to calm down as well. Hopefully Devils/Rangers goes 7 games, because a game 7 is always interesting to see. It's also awesome to see Broduer just Broduering. I'm just happy that there's always a hockey game on this late in the year. They might not be as compelling as some years, but it's still the playoffs and it's still awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this Rangers/Devils series, but then again I am a Rangers fan. I was at the Garden for Games 1 and 2 and since NY and NJ are in such close proximity, there were a lot of Devils fans there. Things always get heated when the Devils come to town, so it makes for some pretty emotional games.

Yeah. It's more that I'm just not too interested in the teams left, and I've got other things to do. I've caught a bit of the NY/NJ series though and it's actually been pretty good.

As a Canucks fan though seeing LA do what they've done to STL and PHX so far makes me feel a bit better. Even though the Canucks got ousted in 5 at least they managed to keep games close after putting in Schneider and settling down. Games 3, 4 and 5 were all essentially pick em' affairs. LA dismantled STL and so far has ripped PHX apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well guys my pick to win it all is LA.
    for now i will say this: i am leaving tomorrow, moving, and do not know when i will have internet back, but at the worst you will see me at the end of summer.
    i am going to miss everyone =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    for now i will say this: i am leaving tomorrow, moving, and do not know when i will have internet back, but at the worst you will see me at the end of summer.
    Go sit at McDonald's and leech their wifi all day. GL living without the net. God knows I couldn't do it for more than 2-3 days.

Did doughty ever play football? that was about the most beautiful looking form tackle on Doan......and it was on ice. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Hey we're still here

There's just been this little thing called Diablo 3 that's been getting in my way
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    See you in the next thread

If Fuzzie actually does end this one.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Hey we're still here

There's just been this little thing called Diablo 3 that's been getting in my way
    hasn't been getting in the way as much as it could

grumble...
    Last edited by draynay; 2012-05-18 at 06:21 PM.

mmm another cup win coming to california it seems (at least this person hopes so). although i really didn't care much when the ducks won in 2007. will care much much more if the kings win it. they deserve it big time.

I don't really care for any of the remaining teams, but I do hope the Kings win the Cup. They have never won it yet, but they deserve it this time.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Renney won't be returning to Edmonton.

Surprised considering he's only been there 2 seasons and they had shown some improvement the second season. Wondering when Edmonton will ever be a playoff team again. 4 years of rebuilding and 3 number 1 overall picks and still dead last in the NW division. At this point in time Toronto looks to be in better shape; they're a goaltender away from the playoffs... The Oilers are a coach, a third line and 3 d-man away. Don't worry though, they'll draft another forward.