10+ Year Old Account
    Hasek attempting to make an NHL return? Well Detroit needs a back-up goalie...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Hasek attempting to make an NHL return? Well Detroit needs a back-up goalie...
    Detroit needs at least 4 players to be about 10 years younger and just as good as they are now, and a new Stevie Y.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will never be another Stevie Y.
    And what Detroit truly needs, is a top line forward (Parise) and a shiny new d-man(Suter, Carle). And considering our 20M in cap space come next season, we might get both.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

And what Detroit truly needs, is a top line forward (Parise) and a shiny new d-man(Suter, Carle). And considering our 20M in cap space come next season, we might get both.
    Just about every team needs Parise. ><
    I feel like Parise will stay on NJ at this point, though I can see you guys getting Suter.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    We'll give you Ovi and Semin for a Detroit approved 4th round pick, a can of paint, and one of Ian White's skates.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=632862

I dont even know what to say about this....

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=632862

I dont even know what to say about this....
    Well he's obviously in awesome shape still, so who knows, but it would definitely be very risky. Maybe coming in as a backup or something would be pretty cool. Age is just a number and he might still be able to bring it if his starts are very limited. The big question is who would want to take a chance on him?

I never liked Hasek. He was good, no doubt, just really got on my nerves with flopping around everywhere yet managing to stop everything. Hope he doesn't come back. Not to mention stuff like this:

Go to number 8 at 1:40. What is this..... soccer?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Detroit needs at least 4 players to be about 10 years younger and just as good as they are now, and a new Stevie Y.
    Toronto needs to make the playoffs.

Detroit will get much, much younger next year if Lidstrom and Holmstrom don't return. The average age on the team drops by a full year without them. Like age matters though. The oldest team in the NHL is playing for the Stanley Cup, the Devils at an average 29.34 years slightly above Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I never liked Hasek. He was good, no doubt, just really got on my nerves with flopping around everywhere yet managing to stop everything. Hope he doesn't come back. Not to mention stuff like this:

Go to number 8 at 1:40. What is this..... soccer?
    That was him early in his career, he came from Europe where stuff like that was expected.

I'd love to see him return, probably the best goaltender to play and is easily the Ichiro of Hockey.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 03:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Detroit will get much, much younger next year if Lidstrom and Holmstrom don't return. The average age on the team drops by a full year without them. Like age matters though. The oldest team in the NHL is playing for the Stanley Cup, the Devils at an average 29.34 years slightly above Detroit.
    It's crazy that people still bring up age. The 5 youngest teams missed the playoffs, and of the 10 youngest teams, only Nashville I'd considering a cup contender. Also, if players like Lidstrom need to retire, so we can get younger, I don't want to be young.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-05-27 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Kovalev one still cracks me up

Hasek could do alright in a tandem situation, get 20-40 games and be a contributor, maybe he could do more, but expectations should be realistic

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take Alexi Yashin over Kovalev.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the Kovalev one still cracks me up

Hasek could do alright in a tandem situation, get 20-40 games and be a contributor, maybe he could do more, but expectations should be realistic
    I could see that. Get him on a team with some young goaltender prospects, mentor them more then anything. Could work out.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post

I could see that. Get him on a team with some young goaltender prospects, mentor them more then anything. Could work out.
    I'm sure teams would want to bring in Hasek just for this, but I really believe if he comes back to the NHL, it'll be in Detroit.

-Howard is capable of backing Detroit for 70 games a year, meaning Hasek would have no expectations on him.
    -Hasek is well known for taking less money, if he can play for a contender.
    -Detroit needs a back up, and Babcock doesn't seem confident in MacDonald.
    -Hasek's son is currently playing for Michigan state.
    -He loves Detroit and the Red Wings organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, what team could use a goalie who dives... vancouver? fits there whole play style.

with said, normally id be around hockey threads/fuzzie chat, dad had 2nd heart attack, why i haven't been around, but way to go Kings/Devs, going for kings though.

So far I've went for Devils every round and against the Kings every round, so I'm going to continue the tradition: Devils in 7.

MVP: Winning Goalie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Glad the scumbag Rangers are eliminated.

Now I am torn though... I would love to see LA get their first cup (Honestly it's nice to see any franchise get its first championship). On the other hand, I'd love to see Brodeur get another win before he retires, simply because I remember cheering for the Devils back in 1995.
    Typical. You call the Rangers scumbags yet you are fine with Brodeur who slams player's heads in to the ice and says his team needs to take shots at the Rangers heads. Nice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Broduer comment was such an obvious joke, you actually think he was calling for head hunting? I'll assume you're joking as well. IIRC Asera is a Caps fan, so him calling the Rangers scumbags is more than overlooking whatever the Devils did ;P

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    lol, what team could use a goalie who dives... vancouver? fits there whole play style.

with said, normally id be around hockey threads/fuzzie chat, dad had 2nd heart attack, why i haven't been around, but way to go Kings/Devs, going for kings though.
    lol, what team could use a goalie who dives... Toronto? fits fix their whole play style.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    lol, what team could use a goalie who dives... Toronto? fits fix their whole play style.