10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when Subban goes. Surprised Toronto hasn't attempted to trade up for him.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ Flames, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    It's a pretty perplexing move, if they let him develop in the minors he'll be good... It's just that's 3 years away >.>

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 02:09 AM ----------

Welp. Subban to the Bruins.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Oh shit... talk about sibling rivalry in clubs like Boston and Montreal...
    red panda red panda red panda!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the first move was a great move. They could have drafted the kid who went to Pittsburgh and picked up Jan with the 2nd round pick they got from Buffalo. It's just the fact that he doesn't even play in the OHL, rather a high school team. The only thing I know about him is what TSN said. Not really as disappointed, just thought they coulda gone a better route. By the time he's in the NHL, Mikka Kiprusoff and Jarome Inginla will be outta here. Here's to hoping he is a solid top 6 forward but I'm really skeptical right now. This is Calgary we're talking about now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Visnovsky to the Isles... Does Anaheim not want to win anymore...?

Was wondering why my friend was saying Carolina could be a contender with two staals on the team (i'll wait and see). Didnt know Jordan was traded till a little bit ago.

Apparently there is a rumor, or just the media taking the way he said things too far, but Ryan would like to go to Philly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan, Giroux, Hartnell. scary thought....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Islanders might actually come out of this draft pretty strong. Visnovski and Reinhart are extremely solid additions to their D. I'm a bit disappointed the Flames didn't try to nab a trade of any sorts other than the pick swap. Someone please be dumb enough to take Jay Bouwmeesters contract, please! I liked the moves Washington made, getting Ribeiro could be a great move when it's all said and done. Sucks though, he's like another version of Semin but probably not quite as talented. If they can get Ribeiro going, he'll be huge for them. Forsberg at 11 seems to be the steal of the draft rivaled by maybe the 12th pick. If they can continue his development and get a repeat of what we saw in the playoffs from Holtby, I think Washington is gonna be a legit contender for something big this year. Hopefully they get some good mileage out of these picks.

Tough to say who will walk away from this draft most satisfied but a lot of teams are looking really good right now. How are the Toronto fans feeling about their pick? Seems like a solid D man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought draft day would be boring with the 30th pick, but Stoll and Fraser re-signed already, that's some good news

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Ryan, Giroux, Hartnell. scary thought....
    Hopefully they can win games 8-7 with that lineup if they do add Ryan.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 08:34 AM ----------

Zbynek Michalek shipped from Pittsburgh to Phoenix for scraps and the 81st pick. Frees up even more cap room for the Pens. What are they playing at exactly? Even with him and Stall gone they are only sitting at ~$15 million in cap space at a presumed $70 million cap which is likely to come down in the CBA negotiations. That doesn't seem like near enough money to chase Parise and still sign anyone of worth to their last 4-5 roster spots.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 08:36 AM ----------

Speaking of the Pens, I wonder if Pierre had to go change pants yesterday after his Penguins love fest. When they made their second pick he went on and on about their picks and how good their defense was going to be for years to the point where it started to get a little absurd.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The man is a fucking tool and I want to shoot TSN for bringing him back for the draft. I swear if I have to put up with his faggotry again next season I will go down to their studios and punch anyone wearing a suit in the face. He can stay on American TV where he belongs where the majority of viewers don't understand or don't care about hockey.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    Was wondering why my friend was saying Carolina could be a contender with two staals on the team (i'll wait and see). Didnt know Jordan was traded till a little bit ago.

Apparently there is a rumor, or just the media taking the way he said things too far, but Ryan would like to go to Philly.
    Carolina is not a contender or a competitor yet. They filled in one spot where they were lacking, but their blue line sucks noodles. Sure, they got Cam Ward but he can only take you so far.

Yea, thats why I said I'll wait and see. I dont expect adding one staal to completely change over the team and make it a competitior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Duchene resigned with Colorado for two years. There goes a decent center I think Toronto should have tried to offer sheet. Pouliet's going to Tampa for pendinf UFA Ouellet and a fifth. Monster's rights traded from Toronto to Winnipeg for a conditional 7th next year.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 02:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    That pick yesterday was classic Flames lol. Our team needs to be in full rebuild mode, lets draft a kid who probably won't be NHL ready for 3-4 years. Lets also make sure the kid is a not top 50 prospect as ranked by most everyone (43rd on the NHLs list) and lets take him at 21 while there are still good NHL ready guys on the board.

WTF Flames. Why not take a half dozen other guys at 21. Then trade up using your two second round picks to get him in the mid-late 30s where the pick would almost make sense. Just a bizarre decision and pretty much exactly why the Flames are mediocre always. Hopefully long term rebuilding works out, but if that is their goal why not trade the hell out of Iginla RIGHT NOW. He won't be around foor when the rebuild starts to matter. I'm sure he wouldn't be overly distraught with having the chance to make the playoffs or the Finals again. They could get a damn good return for him that would help in that long term rebuild.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-23 at 06:37 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Head -> instantly in my hands when they did that. He better be fucking good or I'm writing a mean letter to Jay Feaster

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs drafted Matt Finn with the 5th pick in the 2nd round, which makes me happy. Good to see another former Guelph Storm player on his way to making the big time, if his wrist wasn't a problem this year he would have been better then he was. Good blue line prospect, he will easily be in a top 4 pairing in the NHL in a couple of years, I get the feeling that he might have another year of junior left though.

Schenn for JVR? O_o

Seriously, we need defensive players but Luke Schenn for JVR? Not sure how this will go >.<

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am very very very nervous about that deal. JVR is a walking liability health wise, and Schenn had a rough season last year. I think if both players bounce back, the trade will pay dividends for both teams.

Well, that's two teams in the East now with brothers on the same team. Schenn can play the kind of game the Flyers like, he won't give you offense but he is a good blue liner and will put out big hits. I think he was kind of the odd man out with Rielly and Finn being drafted, seen Finn play personally and I think he will give the Leafs quality depth when he is ready, and both Gardiner and Holzer are NHL ready if you ask me. The Leafs gain their 1st line centre, put Bozak on the 3rd line where he will do better in my humble opinion and you pretty much have a team that looks far better already. The magic that Kessel, Lupul and JVR could make is hard to imagine, plus Lupul and JVR have a history together so hopefully that works out even more so. Kinda have to feel sorry for Bozak though because he has developed a good relationship with his linemates.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-06-23 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    Seriously, we need defensive players but Luke Schenn for JVR? Not sure how this will go >.<
    I can't tell if I hate this deal or love it. JVR will be a nice add for Toronto and Schenn is an improving d-man. Seems like a good deal for both clubs. Poor Reemer though having to play for the Leafs now. Good news, I might buy a Winter Classic Toronto jersey now. They still need to bring back Carle or find another solid defensman, but this and the draft was a good start.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-23 at 11:54 PM.