10+ Year Old Account
    i am enjoying following the mooseheads this year. so all in all i won't be suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    i am enjoying following the mooseheads this year. so all in all i won't be suffering.
    Well that's because you like Toronto so If you think about it isn't this year removing years of stress, now you don't spend the whole season going "will they make the playoffs?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what stress that could cause, just state "no" every year.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Well that's because you like Toronto so If you think about it isn't this year removing years of stress, now you don't spend the whole season going "will they make the playoffs?"
    At least the Marlies will make the playoffs!

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay.. well since we're not doing anything...

I want your honest opinion about the lockout. Not picking sides or complaining.. how do you really feel?

For me I'm kinda fine atm. I mean.. I miss hockey, but fuck it.. if they're going to lose money and whatever then so be it.. I'm sure it will be back so why invest emotion into a lost cause..

Your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Your thoughts?
    Well, canucks have a good chance at another presidents trophy, cause our Octobers are usually our worse month. A season w/o october games should be legendary

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Well, canucks have a good chance at another presidents trophy, cause our Octobers are usually our worse month. A season w/o october games should be legendary
    Leafs usually do well for the first 30 days then suck for about 60-90 days

Does anything that happens his season matter at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Okay.. well since we're not doing anything...

I want your honest opinion about the lockout. Not picking sides or complaining.. how do you really feel?

For me I'm kinda fine atm. I mean.. I miss hockey, but fuck it.. if they're going to lose money and whatever then so be it.. I'm sure it will be back so why invest emotion into a lost cause..

Your thoughts?
    Watching a lot more NFL. Prefer NHL. Relatively good time for my TV to decide to fuck up. Bettman and the seven dwarves owners who sided with him sicken me. Might try to avoid watching NHL for a couple years if the season doesn't start by December. Doubt I'll succeed. Will still think Bettman is scum; ideal image of why people are really starting to hate that 1%.

Ideally, would love to see the players try to start up a new league to put Bettman in his place and get hockey on the TV. Maybe have some affordable games in Toronto where real fans can get front row tickets.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-10-16 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have barely watched any tv at without hockey on

I still watch a lot of hockey! Our team refuses to take in players on lockout contracts out of principle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the lockout at the moment, due to Baseball and Football being on, though come November when Baseball is done, no sports 4 days of the week is gonna suck.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-10-16 at 03:46 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right now I am bored as shit. NBA starts up in a couple weeks so I can watch that on League Pass constantly so I'll be pretty occupied with that. I love watching the Wings, but I'll just fill that void with even more basketball than I normally watched. Plus like Irony said, baseball is still around to listen to Tigers games and that should end just as the NBA season is starting.

Meh we have the NFL and College football going on right now so I've just thrown my interst into that, once December hits though and all that is on is crappy bowl games I may start going crazy.

I miss it but I figure if the people directly involved seem to not give a dang then why should I? I said when it started that I thought the season was lost ( maybe that was on the Preds site) so mentally I was ready for it not to be there.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that if the lockout doesn't end until the new year, the NHL won't ever see me buying tickets for hockey games ever again. I am not going to accept a half a season and the owners constantly trying to fuck the players over money while my hard earned money goes into their pockets. At this point, don't expect me to go to an NHL game ever again, won't buy merchandise, won't watch games, because quite frankly I have had enough of this lockout bullshit.

While I would watch the Leafs games (if I had a tv), right now my sports brain is pretty dominated by NFL and MLB playoffs, so I'm not real torn up about the lockout. Come January, when NFL is winding down, and MLB has been over a couple months, is when I will start to get depressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post

as opposed to? cheering for vancouver and hoping they don't make it to the finals... so the city won't end up in flames?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490

Don't think they're going to get a better offer than this. Just take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490

Don't think they're going to get a better offer than this. Just take it.

the PA will reject it, and gary will cancel more games... it will be a quick response...we know the players don't care about playing just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the PA won't accept a 50/50 split, they can go fuck off and have lost the very little sympathy I had for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    If the PA won't accept a 50/50 split, they can go fuck off and have lost the very little sympathy I had for them.
    Haven't seen anything about the secondary things in the proposal like contract lengths, entry level length, etc., but ya if the NHLPA walks away from the 50/50 split that seemed like the inevitable end point of this nonsense then fuck em. I'm already just about out of care for the whole situation. 50/50 is the same split the NFL has. Same thing the NBA has. Its a hell of a lot better than where the NHL started. But again, who knows about the secondary issues in this new proposal and how much stuff the NHL is taking back to get to that 50/50.