15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the rankings are a little weird, they have San Jose at 23 and they didn't really lose anybody from last season

Kings are #1 though, I'll just keep enjoying it while it lasts
    im not suprised, there team was just so dominant in last years playoffs, what did they lose, 4 games tops total?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    im not suprised, there team was just so dominant in last years playoffs, what did they lose, 4 games tops total?
    yep, 4-1, 4-0, 4-1, 4-2

won the first 3 games of every series, 10 straight on the road, that crummy western conference schedule with all that heavy travel really made road warriors out of them

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Kings want a top 2 pairing D-man and Bernier is their best trade piece. Wouldn't be surprised to see something get done with someone out there.
    They would be hard pressed to get that out of the Leafs. The best they are going to get is possibly Gunnarsson who can log a lot of minutes and has a very powerful shot, but otherwise is a defensive player first and that is where he excels. Top 2 in a pairing is subject to which one you really want, Gardiner could be a top 2 pairing D man just because he has good offensive skill and can carry the puck and is more likely to chase it to get it out of the zone, but it's the complete opposite of someone who is a stay at home type and is more prone to hitting and taking the man when on the defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edler deal in Vancouver: $30 M over 6 years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 million a pop for Edler? Too much imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    5 million a pop for Edler? Too much imo.
    Considering he would have gotten $6-6.5 this summer on the free agent market, ya no. That contract is fantastic.

Love that Montreal continues to try and low ball Subban to a ridiculous extent. Wish somebody (the fucking Red Wings) would offer sheet him already. I don't get it. I really don't. The kid is great. The Wings have cap space and have made it pretty damn evident they are looking for a top pair potential guy. So why the fuck are they not putting the pieces together and doing this. Either offer sheet the guy or work out a damn trade with the Habs. There isn't a better Dman on the market right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how much Holland hates drafting in the first round, I am baffled he hasn't offer sheeted Subban. Another top 4 d-man would be ideal, considering Colaiacovo is going to be injured if he sneezes wrong.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Considering how much Holland hates drafting in the first round, I am baffled he hasn't offer sheeted Subban. Another top 4 d-man would be ideal, considering Colaiacovo is going to be injured if he sneezes wrong.
    I know right. The Wings almost never draft in the first round. Why not use those fucking picks on something worthwhile that will serve as a long term solution not blow them on mediocre rentals like Quincey and countless others. As for Coaly, I was real surprised to see him in that scrimmage game the other day. I thought he was going to miss the start of the year with that shoulder injury. I really hope he doesn't end up as a liability.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN preseason ranks Detroit at 19. i honestly don't expect them to fall THAT far...
    Blame Jay Cutler...
    ESPN=Bull**** mountain number 2.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

the problem with Nashville "wanting suter back" is they run into salary issues.
    For the love of god we don't have salary issue. The team said going into negotiations with him that they had the money to sign Suter, Weber, Rinne, and a 1st line forward. They have been saying it for over a year now, why its so hard to believe I don't know. They said they had every plan in the world to be a salary cap team this year, it just didn't happen due to Suter not resigning.

Nashville is a growing market, and has been for several years. We had more sellouts last season than any year prior ( 22), the first two games this season are already sold out ( and they didn't just give them away either). I'll be honest I thought the lockout would kill the organization, but there is as much buzz right now as there was during the playoffs last year. Even people that said they wouldn't be going to games have said the hell with it and are going.

I know its hard to believe but hockey is actually beginning to work in at least one city in the South.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Considering he would have gotten $6-6.5 this summer on the free agent market, ya no. That contract is fantastic.

Love that Montreal continues to try and low ball Subban to a ridiculous extent. Wish somebody (the fucking Red Wings) would offer sheet him already. I don't get it. I really don't. The kid is great. The Wings have cap space and have made it pretty damn evident they are looking for a top pair potential guy. So why the fuck are they not putting the pieces together and doing this. Either offer sheet the guy or work out a damn trade with the Habs. There isn't a better Dman on the market right now.
    What do you mean low ball Subban? How much are they offering him versus what he is worth? For his age, he should only be in the 2.5-3.5 million dollar range, and in two or three years should be making 4 million or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I know its hard to believe but hockey is actually beginning to work in at least one city in the South.
    I hope hockey starts to excel there, even if all it would mean for Canadian teams is a higher salary cap one day.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cap will not go up until all 30 teams are in, or close to the black. If you have teams still losing money, the cap floor is going to be an issue for those teams to make money and still compete. I think we are a ways off from seeing the cap go up to a point where it breaks 75 million though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The cap will not go up until all 30 teams are in, or close to the black. If you have teams still losing money, the cap floor is going to be an issue for those teams to make money and still compete. I think we are a ways off from seeing the cap go up to a point where it breaks 75 million though.
    The cap absolutely is going to go up. The cap number and the cap floor are tied directly to revenue. As revenue goes up, which it is going to every year, the cap is going to go up. 5 years from now the floor is going to be way up just like it was under the last deal. I think they trimmed the growth rate, but it is still going to grow.

Oh ya also, hockey is officially back mother fuckers.I just kinda wanna take all my clothes off and wrap myself around the Stanley Cup. I wonder how many players have done exactly that during their day.

Hey guys. Hockey's back. AND SO IS HOCKEY CHAT: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Patty Kane with goal #1 of 2013. Drew Doughty with the ownish goal.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-19 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 - 0 Hawks. BOOM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    3 - 0 Hawks. BOOM.
    Looking pretty, pretty, pretty good. For like 10 seconds there I almost stopped hating the Hawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I don't ever want to see Martinez and Voynov together as a pairing again, that was horrendous, they basically gave up two breakaways on the same play

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey they scored.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wild got this cup!
    Live Free...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eomar View Post
    The Wild got this cup!
    Bookmarking to lol at when they miss the playoffs.

Kinda wish they would have just left the Hawks game on my NBC for several reasons. 1) Doc and Pierre are sooooo much shittier than Strader. 2) I kinda think I like the Hawks. I am very confused by that. I question the Wings ability to be relevant this year and I would prefer a Central team get the Cup. Plus I wanna get drunk with Kaner and just go wreck shit.

I still would have killed for the Wings to get Wayne Simmonds to replace Homer.

Final minute hockey with an empty net. Oh baby it feels so right.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-19 at 11:01 PM.