The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Go Wings! Time to watch Chicago slide!
    Even if we had lost 1-0 in regulation it took a tremendous game by Howard and a rested team at home to do it. Why would you then predict a Chicago slide? Do you honestly believe 19-0-3 is a complete fluke or are you just upset?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went snowboarding this morning and it's snowing like fuck. Sorry Vancouver your 2 points is going to have to wait it seems!

Also Leaf fans prob gonna be cheerin' http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/trade..._trade_report/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Damn, I was gonna try to get here and say "inb4 marcelos starts whining"

Yes, blatant missed calls but do you ever not cry about every call that's not in your favor? It's like your team does no wrong.

By the way - We win.
    Everyone gets screwed by bad calls at some point, some teams get them worse then others though. Hey, at least it isn't the NBA where ALL of the officials have favoritism towards a select group of teams like Boston, Miami, LA etc, and other teams get crapped on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Damn, I was gonna try to get here and say "inb4 marcelos starts whining"

Yes, blatant missed calls but do you ever not cry about every call that's not in your favor? It's like your team does no wrong.

By the way - We win.
    yes congrats, and i wouldnt have had a problem with those calls being missed except the fact that they were bloody damn obvious and the wings didnt even have a power play yet.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Btw I wonder if they will ever implement a Patrick Kane rule for shoot outs. His success rate when he goes Slow Mo is pretty high (I don't know why he doesn't do it every time tbh). Maybe like a shot clock or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Btw I wonder if they will ever implement a Patrick Kane rule for shoot outs. His success rate when he goes Slow Mo is pretty high (I don't know why he doesn't do it every time tbh). Maybe like a shot clock or something.
    TBH, if you move the puck backwards at all the shot is supposed to not count, though its RARELY enforced.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Went snowboarding this morning and it's snowing like fuck. Sorry Vancouver your 2 points is going to have to wait it seems!

Also Leaf fans prob gonna be cheerin' http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/trade..._trade_report/
    Old news is old. I hope Nonis ships him and Liles out for some picks at the deadline, cause we don't need their cap hits impeding on the signings the Leafs have to do this summer. With Getzlaf going UFA, we gotta keep the wallet book open. Also, with how well Kadri is playing, and Frattin set to return, if they have enough of an impact playing on the 3rd line, I could see Nonis moving Grabovski and MacArthur and building up the 3rd line as a proper checking line if the Leafs are in a considerable playoff position come April 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post

Kane <3 Haters gonna hate.

Suck it Wings!

they broke up for a bit. the band who wrote this song. If anyone hates this song.. its the canuck fans

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    they broke up for a bit. the band who wrote this song. If anyone hates this song.. its the canuck fans
    What rhymes with Canucks? Cannot's!

(yes I know it doesn't actually rhyme!)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old news is old. I hope Nonis ships him and Liles out for some picks at the deadline, cause we don't need their cap hits impeding on the signings the Leafs have to do this summer. With Getzlaf going UFA, we gotta keep the wallet book open. Also, with how well Kadri is playing, and Frattin set to return, if they have enough of an impact playing on the 3rd line, I could see Nonis moving Grabovski and MacArthur and building up the 3rd line as a proper checking line if the Leafs are in a considerable playoff position come April 3rd.
    Old news? Story is from yesterday unless I'm missing something?

Also pretty pleased with Flames effort so far vs the Canucks. It seems we usually play well against them. There's always 1-2 blowouts obviously but it makes for some entertaining hockey at least when we play each other.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vFpQBwx0J4Y 10 minute misconduct for the salute at the end of his fight to the crowd. Granted it's only Mcgratton but really? Announcer had a good line, I guess Jagr gets a 10 min penalty everytime he scores a goal now?
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-04 at 02:51 AM.

He'd be bought out next year anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a nasty night in the NHL. but what do you expect from a league where No Tolerance doesn't apply to the guys who do the dirty hits... and yet applies to weak hooking calls.

Mike Brown traded for a 4th round draft pick. Could have got more for him IMO, but I hope he enjoys playing in Edmonton with Hall/Hopkins/Eberle/etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Mike Brown traded for a 4th round draft pick. Could have got more for him IMO, but I hope he enjoys playing in Edmonton with Hall/Hopkins/Eberle/etc...

hard pick.. it can improve base on edmonton performance

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kaleta suspended 5 games for boarding Richards last night. OK, so let me get this straight, he has been suspended twice before for violating league rules, i.e illegal hits as he is so notorious for doing, and yet he only get's 5 games? Shanny should have thrown the bloody book at him and given him 10 or 15 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaleta suspended 5 games for boarding Richards last night. OK, so let me get this straight, he has been suspended twice before for violating league rules, i.e illegal hits as he is so notorious for doing, and yet he only get's 5 games? Shanny should have thrown the bloody book at him and given him 10 or 15 games.

it is the NHL... they get everything wrong

It's insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Burnside Logic with ESPN Power Rankings.
    Detroit won 3 of last 10. Drop them 9 spots (ok i can see dropping them).
    San Jose won 3 of last 13. Bump them up 9 spots (one of those 10 losses was Detroit, at Home).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Old news? Story is from yesterday unless I'm missing something?

Also pretty pleased with Flames effort so far vs the Canucks. It seems we usually play well against them. There's always 1-2 blowouts obviously but it makes for some entertaining hockey at least when we play each other.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vFpQBwx0J4Y 10 minute misconduct for the salute at the end of his fight to the crowd. Granted it's only Mcgratton but really? Announcer had a good line, I guess Jagr gets a 10 min penalty everytime he scores a goal now?
    That 10 minute misconduct was hilarious. Nice to see McGrattan firing it up again, I liked him as a successor to McCarty and glad to see we could get some size and grit back on our 4th line for pretty much nothing. Clawing up the Northwest, gotta keep the in-division games in the W column for any chance I think, those losses to Colorado and Minnesota are horrible right now...

Also Blackhawks goal music (The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger) is good and all, especially when lighting up the Canucks, but Anaheim still has the best right now

Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-03-05 at 04:25 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carter just scored one of the worst goals I've seen in awhile

and then two more, woo!
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-03-05 at 05:33 AM.