Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woulden't you though? We lsot 8-2 to Edmonton and I didn't want to leave my house for a week. That was depressing

10+ Year Old Account
    Toews for Selke, and possibly MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Woulden't you though? We lsot 8-2 to Edmonton and I didn't want to leave my house for a week. That was depressing
    Still to come to the thread only when your team beats one other team, pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Toews for Selke, and possibly MVP!
    Definitely a contender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Still to come to the thread only when your team beats one other team, pretty sad.
    I think if the Kings don't win the cup I won't be allowed to post here anymore, thems the rules right?

I remember some kid made a thread about how he was quitting on the Yankees because they hadn't won a championship since 2009

2009!!!! I've been lucky enough to see two of my favorite teams win the first championship in franchise history, they didn't have any when I started following them, fair weather fans confuse me

but rather than shame folks, I would like to encourage them to participate in the thread regardless of team performance, there are shoulders to cry on, surely no one knows the pain of loss as much as the Leafs fans anyway...

and Toews would be my pick for Selke and Hart, agreed

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Van/Edm games in a row, they find a way to throw in 4 goals in just a couple minutes.

Blargh. Detroit won? No Swedes for world championships.

Classic Luongo. He's terrible, and just lucky he plays on a good enough team so his stats lie for him. With any luck, no one else will notice until we trade him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Blargh. Detroit won? No Swedes for world championships.
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson!

10+ Year Old Account
    western conference teams should be glad the Kings and Sharks finished 5-6, they tied Chicago for best home record this season, each team had 39 points, and now neither LA or SJ will have home ice advantage

and we've got the Blues, thats been a good matchup for us lately, and a little variety, don't think the Kings have faced the Blues in the first round since back when cocksucker Courtnall ran Stoll and then turtled while O'donnell beat the shit out of him
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-04-28 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Classic Luongo. He's terrible, and just lucky he plays on a good enough team so his stats lie for him. With any luck, no one else will notice until we trade him.
    He's not terrible, everyone on the planet has a bad game from time to time. Even Marty Brodeur has a shitty game once in awhile. Saying "Hey, LOOK AT THIS ONE GAME AND BASE YOUR ENTIRE THOUGHT'S ON THIS ONE PLAYER FROM THAT ONE GAME!" is kind of incredibly short sighted.

And to those on here complaining that somehow it's only Leaf fan's talking about bad reffing? Give your head a shake. The amount of Vancouver fans I know who whine and bitch about reffing constantly is astounding. And tonight's game? Had nothing to do with reffing as to why we lost. We played a bad game, period. We came out flat and played like shit, no excuses. Same goes for the game we had against Washington and the Islanders last week. But at the same time, being a true fan means calling a spade a spade. We have had game's and points taken from us because of terrible calls. The biggest one was the game against Philly where their player literally grabbed the butt end of Reimer's stick and MOVED him and the Ref's called it a clean game winning goal. That is utterly terrible reffing.

And Greeny, I disagree with you. The call against Fraser was spot on. The Third Man rule was clearly broken by Fraser. It was a legit call by the ref to throw him out of the game. The point Fraser made very clear doing that was "I don't care if I'm gonna break the rule and get thrown out, Kadri is one of our best goal scorer's and I will protect him regardless." If anything, that just make's the team click that much more.

Damnit Colorado. Oh well, at least Minnesota won't be in it long with who they are facing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chicago vs Minnesota - Chicago
    Anaheim vs Detroit - Detroit
    Vancouver vs San Jose - the battle of the chokers...ill take Vancouver
    St Louis vs LA - LA

Pittsburgh vs Ottawa - Pitt
    Montreal vs Islanders - Islanders
    Washington vs Rangers - Rangers
    Boston vs Toronto - Toronto

Deleted
    Boston vs. Toronto isn't fix yet. The Bruins still have one game to play due to the postponed game against the Senators. If the win it they win their division, which means BOS - NYI and MTL - TOR.

Aside from those pairings I'd go:

Hawks vs. Wild - Hawks
    Ducks vs. Wings - Ducks
    Canucks vs. Sharks - I'll go on limb and take the Sharks
    Blues vs. Kings - Kings

Penguins vs. Senators - Penguins
    Capitals vs. Rangers - Rangers

Bruins vs. Islanders - Bruins
    Bruins vs. Leafs - Leafs
    Habs vs. Leafs - Leafs
    Habs vs. Islanders - Habs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Boston vs. Toronto isn't fix yet. The Bruins still have one game to play due to the postponed game against the Senators. If the win it they win their division, which means BOS - NYI and MTL - TOR.

Aside from those pairings I'd go:

Hawks vs. Wild - Hawks
    Ducks vs. Wings - Ducks
    Canucks vs. Sharks - I'll go on limb and take the Sharks
    Blues vs. Kings - Kings

Penguins vs. Senators - Penguins
    Capitals vs. Rangers - Rangers

Bruins vs. Leafs - Leafs
    Habs vs. Leafs - Leafs
    you realize detroit won the season series against the ducks right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    you realize detroit won the season series against the ducks right?
    Yes. Doesn't make it an automatic win for the Wings. Will be a close series, but I think the Ducks can (and will) win it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    The reffing had absolutely nothing to do with that game. It was 4-1 until the refs started actually calling penalties against the Leafs. Montreal had 5 penalties to Toronto's 2 in the first 2 periods, 1 of them being too many men. Toronto played like shit, you're not going to win when you can only muster 17 shots on net. The refs will literally never beat you unless they make a call to allow a goal or disallow a goal in overtime. Something about a beach ball, ect.
    Bullshit, look at how many games the Leafs have won while being outshot horribly this year. I seriously don't know what the hell Carlyle was smoking last night but at the start of the game he had the lines completely fucked up. Lupul, Kadri and Kessel weren't on the same line except for the power play, but they should have stayed together and maybe they would have had a better chance at winning. JVR can stay on the second line as far as I am concerned, cause the only players who have been scoring goals rather steadily have been Lupul, Kessel and Kadri. I seriously don't know what the fuck they were doing last night but the turn overs were horrendous and cost us the game rather badly. I hope Kostka is benched for the playoffs, he is fucking horrible far too often and has had only a few decent games with us this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Ducks are for real, I get the impression this is the year the Ducks and Kings finally meet in the playoffs

Here go my first round picks!

Hawks vs. Wild - Hawks
    Ducks vs. Wings - Ducks
    Canucks vs. Sharks - Sharks
    Blues vs. Kings - Blues

Penguins vs. Senators - Senators
    Capitals vs. Rangers - Capitals

Bruins vs. Leafs - Bruins
    Habs vs. Leafs - Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Why is it you only seem to come here when the Habs beat the Leafs? I can't help but feel you were too ashamed of your team during all your other games against us this year.
    You stalking me or something dude? Kind of creepy. Also last I checked this is an open forum for anyone to come and go as they please. Every single Leaf fan on earth has been rubbing their few wins in Habs faces, then apparently you come along and expect someone not to rub in a win? Are you new to this hockey rivalry thing? Oh wait, because I do not spend day and night on here I am suddenly not allowed to post in this forum according to you. But hey, typical tough guy behind a computer act, good job!

Also the refs have cost you nothing. If your special teams are so poor that you lose every game because of a "bad call" then maybe its time to think about a change? Every team in the league deals with bad calls and many of them have the skill to overcome them just fine. Maybe that just says something about the Maple Laughs? Save your animosity for after the Leafs quick ejection from the playoffs.