Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare yourself for Phil Kessel - Tyler Seguin comparisons unlike you've never seen before. Playoff edition.

I actually really like Ottawa matched up against Montreal.

Chicago 5
    Detroit 7
    Vancouver 7
    LA 5

Pittsburgh 6
    Ottawa 7
    New York 6
    Boston 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Prepare yourself for Phil Kessel - Tyler Seguin comparisons unlike you've never seen before. Playoff edition.
    Oh god.. Not play-off edition with that shit >.<

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seguin has been crap this year. Kessel had another 20 goal season and there was only a half season, in 82 games he would have been on pace for 38-40. I don't really care what the haters want to say, but Seguin got carried as a rookie, the team was already good enough without him.

What the actual fuck NHL, why are you starting all the East games on Wednesday? You do know that is bad for teams who are off 3 days straight right? Whelp, prepare to lose game 1 Leafs fans.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-29 at 09:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ugg the one b ad thing about starting out with anaheim.
    3 games minimum at 10 pm or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Seguin has been crap this year. Kessel had another 20 goal season and there was only a half season, in 82 games he would have been on pace for 38-40. I don't really care what the haters want to say, but Seguin got carried as a rookie, the team was already good enough without him.

What the actual fuck NHL, why are you starting all the East games on Wednesday? You do know that is bad for teams who are off 3 days straight right? Whelp, prepare to lose game 1 Leafs fans.
    Seguin wasn't crap this year. He had a slow start to the season, but managed to finish second on the team in goals and tied for third in points. All this while being a +23. He's developing into a much more responsible two-way player playing with Bergeron, and he's a lot of fun to watch. There were a couple of goals he saved this year. One in particular where he scooped it right off the goal line, I can't remember which game it was though... And, his rookie year he was essential to that cup run. When Bergeron went out with that concussion, Seguin stepped in and killed it against Tampa. He had at least one if not two game winning goals in that serious iirc. Without him, we likely would've ended the run there.

10+ Year Old Account
    my playoff prediction is that the Kings do better than the Lakers

I like to go out on a limb

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    my playoff prediction is that the Kings do better than the Lakers

I like to go out on a limb
    considering that you drew Saint Louis in the first round that hsould be an easy prediction to make. the last 7 games are all in your favor. i don't know what it is with saint louis (and i don't care either, their fan base can stay in the hole) but they just can't beat you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Seguin wasn't crap this year. He had a slow start to the season, but managed to finish second on the team in goals and tied for third in points. All this while being a +23. He's developing into a much more responsible two-way player playing with Bergeron, and he's a lot of fun to watch. There were a couple of goals he saved this year. One in particular where he scooped it right off the goal line, I can't remember which game it was though... And, his rookie year he was essential to that cup run. When Bergeron went out with that concussion, Seguin stepped in and killed it against Tampa. He had at least one if not two game winning goals in that serious iirc. Without him, we likely would've ended the run there.
    My point was that compared to Kessel, Seguin hasn't been as good, I should have made that clear. That isn't to say that he hasn't been a good player, 32 points in 48 games isn't something to be upset about, but Marchand has been Boston's most productive player with only 36 points. And yet people worry about how well Boston can score goals, but they haven't been that offensively dominant this year compared to last season. I hate it when people try to compare Kessel and Seguin, they are two totally different types of players playing different roles offensively. I dislike how people try and say that Kessel lacks a two way game, when I don't think that is true at all, he has been far better defensively this year and it's his second best season when it comes to +/- and the way he plays in his own end. While he doesn't finish his checks (his biggest draw back), he certainly blocks his fair share of shots and has been better in getting into position to take the puck away from the attackers. He has only had one year of professional hockey where he has been a + player and that was in Boston when he was only on the ice to score goals, never on the PK and he was playing lower down their depth chart at the time and he was +26.

And I think the Leafs vs Bruins series will go to 7 games, but I am 50/50 on who will win it because I think it's a good match up that will display the strengths and weaknesses of both teams rather well. Reimer and Rask will be a good goalie match up, which ever team can bury the most pucks, and right now I think the Leafs are stronger in terms of offensive depth, will win the series, but Boston generally plays a good shut down game and can make comeback's that will put you on your heels.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-29 at 08:13 PM.

Looks like the Avalanche are getting Seth Jones.
    And Tampa will get Druinn or McKinnon as if they need any more highly skilled offense. ><

We get fourth, which makes it sound like we probably end up with the Russian, although after Radulov most fans don't think Poile will draft another one lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you'd rather have Barkov than the Russian.

I think you'd rather have Barkov than the Russian.
    Technically, he's a Russian citizen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Touche, but I assume he was talking about Nichuskin or however you spell it. Barkov is a center and I'd think Nashville could use a young center over a winger because of the acquisition of Forsberg and the fact that a centerman that is promising is always needed on a team.

Yeah we definitely need a centerman with Smith just kind of dying on the vine and Legwand and Fisher starting to get a little on the older side. It will be interesting to see what we do with the pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    And apparently Wild's goalie got injured in warm up. That has got to suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    well the good news is that Quick does better when he faces a lot of shots early

but taking a too-many-men penalty while you have possession of the puck is just amazingly stupid, which is fitting a pattern of play from our defensemen so far this game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    And apparently Wild's goalie got injured in warm up. That has got to suck.
    the wild have a goalie?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised Minnesota hasn't been shelled for a bunch of goals yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick is a beast