Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gryba get's two games for that hit. I don't feel that it was an intentional target to the head of Eller, but it's still pretty devastating regardless. There was absolutely no need to use that much for to make the hit. Kinda amusing that Ference gets one game for intentionally targeting the head of another player while Gryba get's only 2 for a body check that went horribly wrong.

And so it begins. Gryba gets 2 games for a clean hit where the principal point of contact was not the head, and there was no intent to hit the head. Ference got his one game for a clear elbow to the head. I'm fine with the Ference suspension (could've been two games, but as I've discussed in previous posts I know why the league made it one regardless of whether I agree with that reasoning or not), but no way should Gryba's penalty be more severe than his...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, at least Habs fans didn't call 911 over that one. #chara
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    And so it begins. Gryba gets 2 games for a clean hit where the principal point of contact was not the head, and there was no intent to hit the head. Ference got his one game for a clear elbow to the head. I'm fine with the Ference suspension (could've been two games, but as I've discussed in previous posts I know why the league made it one regardless of whether I agree with that reasoning or not), but no way should Gryba's penalty be more severe than his...
    I hate to say it, but I completely agree. Gryba made a clean, NHL level hit, made contact with both shoulder and hip, not elbow or knee and he's getting punished because of the way Eller hit the ice. They need to seriously retool the whole player safety board and make it a HELL of a lot more transparent because Gryba getting 2 games makes no sense at all on this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diaz prob got ripped for that after the game. This years stories are pretty weak. Crosby as always, KESSEL SHUT DOWN BY BOSTON LETS TALK ABOUT IT LITERALLY ALL TELECAST, Luongo starts again! Can they talk about different shit for once, like how Anderson is a god child in net?

Lets face it, he got two games because of the blood. Doesnt make it right but you know how they work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also someone mentioned it before but why the hell do the Leafs and Bruins get a 2 day break yet Montreal and Ottawa have to lace up back to back? There is no logical explanation and imo it's because they want Toronto on Saturday night because that's when the most people tune in. Bit of a stretch to say that I know, but wtf else would it be? Whens the last time teams have had to play back to backs in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    [IMG]SNIP[/IMG]

This is some seriously unclassy and fucked up insensitive shit. For shame Ottawa, for shame.
    You expected better of Ottawa? They would have cheered at Malarchuks accident if they were involved.. Yes it was a clean hit, but respect the fact that he was severally injured.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Also someone mentioned it before but why the hell do the Leafs and Bruins get a 2 day break yet Montreal and Ottawa have to lace up back to back? There is no logical explanation and imo it's because they want Toronto on Saturday night because that's when the most people tune in. Bit of a stretch to say that I know, but wtf else would it be? Whens the last time teams have had to play back to backs in the playoffs?
    It actually happens quite a bit in the NHL playoffs if you make it to a game 7. They must think 7 game series with days off after each one would take too long. But I never remember it happening in the first 2 games of series. The first round this year scheduled back-to-backs:

- Chicago/Minnesota (Game 6 and 7)
    - Pittsburgh/New York (Game 6 and 7)
    - Ottawa/Montreal x2 (Game 1 and 2, Game 6 and 7)
    - Washington/New York (Game 6 and 7)
    - Boston/Toronto (Game 6 and 7)

Obviously Ottawa/Montreal get the shaft and I would really love to see them explain whey they felt the need to schedule that first back-to-back. If I head to guess off the top of my head it has something to do with Ottawa playing that Sunday after everyone else had already finished because of the bombing postponement. But I don't know why they couldn't start their series on Wednesday like Boston did.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I meant in the past not this year. 2 back to backs in 1 series is retarded.

Uhh you guys are getting angry because a tabloid paper had an insensitive cover?
    I remember it all too well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It actually happens quite a bit in the NHL playoffs if you make it to a game 7. They must think 7 game series with days off after each one would take too long. But I never remember it happening in the first 2 games of series. The first round this year scheduled back-to-backs:

- Chicago/Minnesota (Game 6 and 7)
    - Pittsburgh/New York (Game 6 and 7)
    - Ottawa/Montreal x2 (Game 1 and 2, Game 6 and 7)
    - Washington/New York (Game 6 and 7)
    - Boston/Toronto (Game 6 and 7)

Obviously Ottawa/Montreal get the shaft and I would really love to see them explain whey they felt the need to schedule that first back-to-back. If I head to guess off the top of my head it has something to do with Ottawa playing that Sunday after everyone else had already finished because of the bombing postponement. But I don't know why they couldn't start their series on Wednesday like Boston did.
    They probably wanted an Original Six game on for primetime on a Saturday night, that is why. Hockey Night in Canada and all that jazz, ya dig? It's all about ratings, not having scheduling sensibility. If anything, Montreal and Ottawa should be playing tomorrow night and Toronto and Boston should be tonight, but the league decided not to do that, however it's stupid to have two back to back games in only one series of the entire first round, if they wanted to shaft Ottawa and Montreal, games 3-7 could have been alternating days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Uhh you guys are getting angry because a tabloid paper had an insensitive cover?
    Effectively yes. I mean I recognize its a sensationalist newspaper and all, but he was really seriously injured on that play, and his whole family was there watching. To my mind that front page surpasses even the regular insensitivity of tabloids.

And for the record I also agree that it was a hard hit with unintentional secondary head contact and I really think Gryba only got the suspension based on the injury. I wish Eller all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery and not too much facial damage.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This Montreal Ottawa game is fucking awesome. Price huge save near the end of the 2nd. Got kicked in the head earliar too but didn't flop and dive back into his net; maybe he should have woulda drawn a penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They probably wanted an Original Six game on for primetime on a Saturday night, that is why. Hockey Night in Canada and all that jazz, ya dig? It's all about ratings, not having scheduling sensibility. If anything, Montreal and Ottawa should be playing tomorrow night and Toronto and Boston should be tonight, but the league decided not to do that, however it's stupid to have two back to back games in only one series of the entire first round, if they wanted to shaft Ottawa and Montreal, games 3-7 could have been alternating days.
    Montreal + Ottawa are still not as big a hockey market as Toronto alone, you know that. People in other countries and even other continents tune in to Leafs games. Hell, Chris Hadfield is watching (and cheering for) the Toronto Maple Leafs from motherfuckin space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Montreal + Ottawa are still not as big a hockey market as Toronto alone, you know that. People in other countries and even other continents tune in to Leafs games. Hell, Chris Hadfield is watching (and cheering for) the Toronto Maple Leafs from motherfuckin space.
    In Sweden I am pretty sure that Ottowa is atleast 5x bigger

Wow, Isles came back and beat the Pens lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    In Sweden I am pretty sure that Ottowa is atleast 5x bigger
    Sorry broseph, but Mats Sundin > Daniel Alfredsson. In any popularity poll, Sundin would win easily. Also, we have Swedes in Toronto, Carl Gunnarsson being from Orebro. Petter Granberg, Viktor Loov and a youngster by the name of Tom Nilsson, are all in our system as defensemen, and Mark Owuya is playing goal for the Marlies. Kinda amusing that 5 years ago, most of the players on the Leafs were European, now they are either Canadian or American with a few European players thrown in for good measure. Everyone has a hardon for Karlsson right now though
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-05-04 at 01:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Start playin some fuckin' d in front of Luongo you idiots

15+ Year Old Account
    The guy who barely scores at all during our regular season or gets on the score sheet at all scores 2 goals tonight including a Shortie!! GO FROLIK!

2-0 Chicago!