10+ Year Old Account
    Stoll tends to have a low profile when he skates, it doesn't mean you get to hit him in the head and shrug it off

and it isn't like he suddenly dipped low, he was low, and Torres went high and hit him in the head

Coach Sutter called the hit "careless" which I agree with, it was certainly more careless than vicious

but the man has earned himself a zero-tolerance approach to these things, I think anybody else might get 1 game, but it'll probably be worse for somebody with Torres' history

I think the difference with this one and the Hossa hit is I don't think he was targeting the head he just kinda clipped it on accident. I'm not sure careless is even the right word, unfortunate maybe. While I'm not a huge Torres fan I'm not sure he deserves anything to large for this one. Problem is, with his history, I can't really blame the NHL either if they lower the boom on him.

I personally think he should of been banned from the NHL after the Hossa hit, so as long as the NHL continues to allow him to play, I put some of the blame on them as well every time he does hit someone high.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patrick Kane up for Lady Byng...I..can't...believe...I just typed that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Patrick Kane up for Lady Byng...I..can't...believe...I just typed that...
    Hes such a gentlemen.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Drunk Patrick Kane twitter is weighing in on the news about as you'd expect

Things aren't looking good for Boston's D... Sounds like Seidenberg, Ference, and Redden all out for tonight. Hope that Bartkowski can build on his play from game 7, he was actually really really good in that game, and he logged like 25ish minutes if I remember correctly. Also, not terribly worried about Hamilton being out there, he should be solid. I'm primarily worried about Krug because he doesn't have a ton of NHL experience. Ference and Redden are honestly replaceable, both are solid but not amazing. And Bartkowski and Hamilton should be able to fill in adequately. Seidenberg is the real loss obviously, and I really hope it's nothing too serious.

Will be interesting to see how all the rookies play tonight. I actually heard Ray Bourque speaking about Krug earlier today, and he really likes his game. He's seen a lot of him this season since his kid is playing with Providence too, and he was saying even though he's a bit on the small side, he's one of those guys whose motor just keeps going and he's a hard hitter for his size.

Deleted by request of user TetrisGoat
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-05-17 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Sweden oust Canada from the World Championships after a shoot-out.
    If there's ever been any doubt that shoot-outs are great, they can die now.
    Enroth MVP, imo.
    Glad I don't have to watch the recording when I get home now...out-fucking-standing.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Glad I don't have to watch the recording when I get home now...out-fucking-standing.
    I'm sorry if I spoiled it, that honestly wasn't my intention. (I don't check the thread during stanley cup play-off games because I start work at 3am which is when the games start)

It's ok, I guess the elevator news screens and random news websites have been ruining the round robin games for me all last week too. that said it's "NHL" thread, not "World Championships" thread

gg Sweden...ruins everyone's day!!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Sorry. Didn't know there was a separate thread.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Sweden oust Canada from the World Championships after a shoot-out.
    If there's ever been any doubt that shoot-outs are great, they can die now.
    Enroth MVP, imo.
    Fuck shootouts, shouldn't exist in international hockey at any tournament or in professional hockey period.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Fuck shootouts, shouldn't exist in international hockey at any tournament or in professional hockey period.
    It's better than continuous shootouts. It's also amazingly fun if one of your teams are in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I agree with you (being a Swede and all) But that penalty shot from Pettersson! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9bxAcXczOg Truly amazing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I agree with you (being a Swede and all) But that penalty shot from Pettersson! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9bxAcXczOg Truly amazing!
    What a bomb. If you have such a howitzer of a slapshot you might want to consider taking it a bit more often in the shootout...

In unrelated news: Torres out for however long it takes the Kings to curbstomp the Sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    What a bomb. If you have such a howitzer of a slapshot you might want to consider taking it a bit more often in the shootout...
    That's the ONLY thing he does in a shoot-out as well, so yea

10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers playing the dump and chase game -.-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was so terrible by Smith. We need a goalie who can play while not taking a bunch of shots and still not let in goals like that. Smith needs to see a lot of shots to be an effective goalie, almost like every other goalie in the NHL but with the talent Canada can field, we usually won't be outshot by anyone. I really hope Crawford is our goalie going into Sochi, he's a perfect goalie for Canada. I don't even know who our goalies will be, but they invite 5 to the training camp. I'm assuming it will be Smith, Luongo?, Reimer earned his shot imo, Ward, Price, and Crawford who get invites. Canadian goalies are such shit compared to American. You got those 6 plus Marc-Andre Fleury(lol), Devin Dubnyk, and Brian Elliot. Of those 9 goalies, I'm not a huge fan of really any of them besides Crawford backing us in net for the Olympics. Meanwhile the Americans have Quick, Anderson, Schneider, Miller, Thomas (might be an asshole but he's an incredible goaltender even though his future is unpredictable). I'd be much more comfortable with 1 of those guys in net over what we have potentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    That was so terrible by Smith. We need a goalie who can play while not taking a bunch of shots and still not let in goals like that. Smith needs to see a lot of shots to be an effective goalie, almost like every other goalie in the NHL but with the talent Canada can field, we usually won't be outshot by anyone. I really hope Crawford is our goalie going into Sochi, he's a perfect goalie for Canada. I don't even know who our goalies will be, but they invite 5 to the training camp. I'm assuming it will be Smith, Luongo?, Reimer earned his shot imo, Ward, Price, and Crawford who get invites. Canadian goalies are such shit compared to American. You got those 6 plus Marc-Andre Fleury(lol), Devin Dubnyk, and Brian Elliot. Of those 9 goalies, I'm not a huge fan of really any of them besides Crawford backing us in net for the Olympics. Meanwhile the Americans have Quick, Anderson, Schneider, Miller, Thomas (might be an asshole but he's an incredible goaltender even though his future is unpredictable). I'd be much more comfortable with 1 of those guys in net over what we have potentially.
    Why are you neglecting Holtby? He's been pretty awesome for the Caps this year, and last year's playoffs. I could see him being invited ahead of many of those you have listed including Price, Dubnyk, Fleury, Smith and Ward.

Anyway, Ward is complete garbage so why would he be invited to the training camp?
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Ouch, hope Del Zotto is okay. That looked like it hurt...