15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    i think the predators plan is to bore their opponents every single game.
    thanks weber for the powerplay

also, tampa is starting to rip shit up now, atm i have no doubt they will stomp either boston/philly and it will be

tampa vs canucks/sharks(unless wings step up their game)
    If the Sharks can actually manage to for once maintain their momentum they will have after beating Detroit in this series (which at this point I am convinced they will barring an absolute collapse by Niemi) I think they will absolutely steamroll Vancouver or Nashville (who I am not convinced are out of this series).

Hedman just made an awful play on that 2-1 after the save. Vinny made a fantastic play to follow his rebound to the corner and threw it right to the middle where Hedman should have been, but Hedman instead was floating near the face off dot rather than either dead center for a pass or on the wall to close off an attempted clear. Had a wide open net if he was in the proper position.

Boston is absolutely housing Philly. Why the hell did they start Boucher again?

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 08:32 PM ----------

Also, who is the fucking idiot who scheduled three playoff games at the exact same time? Tampa doesn't share their arena with somebody do they? Why would they make that a back-to-back game? Wonder if there is a concert or something tomorrow that has the place locked up.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 08:36 PM ----------

Checked the St Pete Times Forum website, nothing until May 19th when Toy Story on Ice is playing. Why the hell did they do back to back games.

OMG Philly is just getting destroyed. Remember when they could have had Nabokov if Nabby hadn't have walked from their $2 mil/yr contract last summer? How different could they be right now?

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 08:38 PM ----------

That was a ridiculous play by Thornton to have the awareness to slap that puck out of the air back towards the front of the net on San Jose's power play goal just noe.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 08:40 PM ----------

This is getting frustrating. I flip to Tampa's game miss Boston's third goal. Flip to that game, see their 4th goal but miss two goals in the Tampa game and the Sharks goal.

I think Philly should look into Schneider next trade deadline. This is ridiculous.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I think Philly should look into Schneider next trade deadline. This is ridiculous.
    Or Vokoun....naw scratch that I want philly to suffer with mediocre goalies.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    How did the refs miss that high stick that Stamkos got hit with? He was standing literally TWO feet away looking directly at Stamkos.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    How did the refs miss that high stick that Stamkos got hit with? He was standing literally TWO feet away looking directly at Stamkos.

I'm thinking hottie in the crowd diverted attention. Maybe thats just something thats happening with all the refs in this series. Who knows.

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be a hell of an idea. The is under contract next season for only 900,000. They would probably have to give up a high draft pick to get him or give up an actual piece of their current team. They aren't going to be able to sign a big name goalie unless they trade someone for basically just cap relief. They are just short of the cap this season, which will probably go up by another million or so next season, and they have basically no one who is a UFA this season that makes a significant amount of money. Biggest UFA is Zherdev who only makes $2mil. Then there are 3-4 others in the $1mil or less range, including Boucher who it is safe to say isn't coming back lololol. That isn't to mention one of those UFAs is Ville Leino who you have to imagine they will want to hold onto. Guy like that with 60-70 point potential is going to demand a higher salary than 800k, just ask Detroit. Not going to leave a lot of wiggle room to sign a big goalie. So maybe they goo for someone like Schneider who could be a long term answer or more of a band-aid solution like Ty Conklin, Giggy, Budaj, etc.

Wow, I completely forgot Mike Knuble was on the Wings when they won their cups in 97 and 98 until the announcers in the Tampa game mentioned it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    I'm thinking hottie in the crowd diverted attention. Maybe thats just something thats happening with all the refs in this series. Who knows.
    Tampa must be lining the glass with hotties in this game because the refs have missed at least 5 obvious high sticks right in front of them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    anyone know a website to get a live feed of the bruins flyers game? I'm at work and my go to site isnt working....thanks!
    None that won't give you malware or viruses. Tried a few being posted on Justin.TV and they put malware on my netbook. The ICE took down pretty much every good streaming website on the internet, so you can thank the US government for taking down the good streams out there.

Bruins really peaking at the right time.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Or Vokoun....naw scratch that I want philly to suffer with mediocre goalies.
    Or they should have just played the guy who took them to the finals last year instead of treating him like shit this whole season. The Flyers are sucking up their series and so is Washington, pretty sad that neither team has put up much of a fight.

Go Canucks!

Man that was tough to say... sucks when only 1 Canadian team is left

10+ Year Old Account
    Not our problem, take it up with the other Canadian teams.

Also, the correct cheer is Go Canucks Go! There are two 'Go's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Not our problem, take it up with the other Canadian teams.

Also, the correct cheer is Go Canucks Go! There are two 'Go's.
    Pompous Canuck fans. Win a cup. Then you will be entitled to multiple verbs in your cheers.

Speaking of Cups and Canucks, am I the only one surprised they never even played for one when they had Bert, Naslund, Cloutier, and the other great players they had on that team? Also, am I the only one who thinks they should go back to their 80s and 90s black and yellow jerseys before they started using that Chinook whale thing?
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-05 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, then the cheer will change to We Got Cup!

That would be a hell of an idea. The is under contract next season for only 900,000. They would probably have to give up a high draft pick to get him or give up an actual piece of their current team. They aren't going to be able to sign a big name goalie unless they trade someone for basically just cap relief. They are just short of the cap this season, which will probably go up by another million or so next season, and they have basically no one who is a UFA this season that makes a significant amount of money. Biggest UFA is Zherdev who only makes $2mil. Then there are 3-4 others in the $1mil or less range, including Boucher who it is safe to say isn't coming back lololol. That isn't to mention one of those UFAs is Ville Leino who you have to imagine they will want to hold onto. Guy like that with 60-70 point potential is going to demand a higher salary than 800k, just ask Detroit. Not going to leave a lot of wiggle room to sign a big goalie. So maybe they goo for someone like Schneider who could be a long term answer or more of a band-aid solution like Ty Conklin, Giggy, Budaj, etc.
    It's going to suck having Schneids go, but it's inevitable. Good thing for us is that we've got Lack who's also developing into a great goaltender (IIRC he's the goaltender of the year).

The only big thing for the Canucks this offseason is re-signing Bieksa and Ehrhoff. I'm 99% sure that this is Salo's last year in the NHL, and he'll leave $3.5M of room to resign those guys. Also Ballard might be traded, no way a guy getting paid $4.2M is playing 10-15 minutes a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    No, then the cheer will change to We Got Cup!
    More like Win a Twin.

Pompous Canuck fans. Win a cup. Then you will be entitled to multiple verbs in your cheers.

Speaking of Cups and Canucks, am I the only one surprised they never even played for one when they had Bert, Naslund, Cloutier, and the other great players they had on that team? Also, am I the only one who thinks they should go back to their 80s and 90s black and yellow jerseys before they started using that Chinook whale thing?
    Cloutier was horrible. And I like these jersey's that they have now, if they were to change I'd go back to the red and black third they had a few years back.

tampa has 16 canadians in their roster.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's going to suck having Schneids go, but it's inevitable. Good thing for us is that we've got Lack who's also developing into a great goaltender (IIRC he's the goaltender of the year).

The only big thing for the Canucks this offseason is re-signing Bieksa and Ehrhoff. I'm 99% sure that this is Salo's last year in the NHL, and he'll leave $3.5M of room to resign those guys. Also Ballard might be traded, no way a guy getting paid $4.2M is playing 10-15 minutes a game.
    Ya the Canucks have ridiculously excellent goaltending in their system. Even if Salo does come back I doubt it is with the Canucks and if so it will be for substantially less money.

OMG Boston got a power play goal.

Man do the Bruins look scary.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cloutier was horrible. And I like these jersey's that they have now, if they were to change I'd go back to the red and black third they had a few years back.

No offence, but what does a whale have to do with being a 'Canuck'?

Also, the 197 foot goal on Vesa Toskala beats your video :P
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-05-05 at 01:44 AM.