10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Oh sure, it's easy to pick one for Wings fans. Who are Canucks fans supposed to cheer for in this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    hope to god both teams kill each other in a bloody massacre?
    pretty much this ^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I can't say rask has been playing the way he has all playoffs. It seems once he settled down in game 7 against Toronto he kind of became this otherworldly goalie. If im not mistaken he has given up 8 goals in 9 games since that game 7, 2 of which were to the most potent offense in the playoffs.

However from watching the LA series, if they are 1 goal games, I feel(even though you will see this as biased as I am a bruins fan) that currently Rask has the advantage over Crawford. Crawford has played good enough to win a cup, but Rask has played that much better the past two series.
    Goals given up against the Rangers were: 2, 2, 1, 4, 1 so that plus the 2 goals in the Pitt series is 12 goals in 9 games. With some of the best blueliners in the game I'm not sure his performance against the Rangers was anything too spectacular (mainly because of that game 4 sandwiched in there). Can't argue the Pitt series though. Most potent offense in the regular season and the 2nd most potent PP (think they were #1 in the playoffs coming into that series as well). But that comes back to my orginal point of it's really 1 series (4 games) where people are doing backflips about Rask citing the hot playoff goalies in the past and trying to hitch him to that bandwagon.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 05:10 PM ----------

Oh and Marcelos should be rooting for us to win in 4 or 5. You know how good that makes the Wings look?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Oh and Marcelos should be rooting for us to win in 4 or 5. You know how good that makes the Wings look?
    it would make the Ducks look better too, which I am completely against

15+ Year Old Account
    Goals given up against the Rangers were: 2, 2, 1, 4, 1 so that plus the 2 goals in the Pitt series is 12 goals in 9 games. With some of the best blueliners in the game I'm not sure his performance against the Rangers was anything too spectacular (mainly because of that game 4 sandwiched in there). Can't argue the Pitt series though. Most potent offense in the regular season and the 2nd most potent PP (think they were #1 in the playoffs coming into that series as well). But that comes back to my orginal point of it's really 1 series (4 games) where people are doing backflips about Rask citing the hot playoff goalies in the past and trying to hitch him to that bandwagon.

touche. but i honestly think boston wins this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    touche. but i honestly think boston wins this series.
    Not going to argue your statement, I just want to know your opinion of why you think Boston has the edge this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/344130630268895232

Mind you it's Nick Kypreos

Also word is Leo Komarov signed a one year deal in the KHL. Don't know how the Toronto fans feel about him but the general feeling I got that he was an effective player? I don't know enough about the guy to accurately comment though.
    Komarov is like Marchand: draws penalties, works hard, makes big hits, frustrating to play against. He's just not quite as obnoxious, angry, good at scoring goals, french, nor does he appear like one of his parents were a mutated rat. I'd rather see him back next year, but not expecting it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Not going to argue your statement, I just want to know your opinion of why you think Boston has the edge this series.
    i just think their size and grit will get to the Hawks, much teh same way the wings got to them with the gritty style of play. and i think Rask is the slightly better goaltender.

It really pains me to see the lack of respect Crawford gets, I guess nobody can forget the Phoenix series huh?

I don't see how Crawford is being disrespected just because people are more impressed with Rask right now.

See being a Bruins fan, I have to disagree with your point about Rask being hitched to the bandwagon. However Tim Thomas....who is the reason the Bruins won in 2011 didn't get really hot until the conferance finals either, and Rask has completely outdone what Thomas did that year. So I will still stick with the fact that Rask is the hotter/better goalie right now :P. However I don't think crawford is bad, just he hasn't played quite up to where rask has yet. Luckily in hockey the players have to still play the game and I can't wait for Wednesday.

In non SC news, Preds just locked up Roman Josi, 7 years 28 million. Damn good deal for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    24 hours till hockey resumes.
    and thank god for that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing important happening either, just the two teams complimenting how good the other team is. Apparently Stalberg is out and Bollig is in but that's as much on-ice news that is floating around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im so damn bored I might clean my house.

Man hockey so soon!!! And man fuck tim tebow!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Torts gets fired for losing to Boston in 5 (all but 1 were close games) and Byslma gets 2 year extension after getting sweeped by Boston and scoring 2 goals in the series with the best offensive lineup in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Islanders trade soon to be UFA captain Mark Streit to Philly for a 2014 4th round pick. Flyers now have exclusive negotiating rights w/Streit until July 5.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2013-06-12 at 05:41 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like everyone is rooting for Boston. Casual fans will be behind them because of the bombing and more serious fans will be rooting for Jagr and against the favorite (Blackhawks).

Cannot wait for this series to start tonight! Hoping for a Bruins win obviously, but regardless of who wins, this will be one hell of a series!

Ill be working the whole first period, thank god for smart phones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torts gets fired for losing to Boston in 5 (all but 1 were close games) and Byslma gets 2 year extension after getting sweeped by Boston and scoring 2 goals in the series with the best offensive lineup in the game.
    Bylsma has a ring with the penguins and he didn't bench his highest paid player and burn all his bridges