Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    You better go back and find mine too.....WTF! ;(

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 10:40 AM ----------

Actually no, you picked Boston...
    Couldn't remember exactly what I said here, on the Preds boards we generally pick from the start of the playoffs and I think that's where I had Chicago. I know I didn't have Boston in the Finals to begin with heh.

Either way was a good playoffs this year, ready for next season already. On the Preds front, it appears Sergei Kostitsyn is considering the KHL. Is it bad that I hope he goes because he won't shoot and he's as soft as wet tissue paper in the playoffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    so apparently the twins will be on the PK and blocking shots...sigh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kiprusoff basically retired, told the Finnish national team he was retiring. Was just waiting for him to say it. Damn, the 2 players that made it exciting to watch this team are gone now.

Also heard a clip on the radio of Joe Sakic saying they're probably going to draft Nathan Mackinnon after saying they were going to go for one of the top forwards a couple days ago. Duschene, Landeskog, Parenteau, O'Reilly and Mackinnon is a very solid, young core of forwards they have there. Their defense looks shaky but damn I'm jealous of those forwards they have if they decide to go Mackinnon.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    At least he won't go to Florida.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Kiprusoff basically retired, told the Finnish national team he was retiring. Was just waiting for him to say it. Damn, the 2 players that made it exciting to watch this team are gone now.

Also heard a clip on the radio of Joe Sakic saying they're probably going to draft Nathan Mackinnon after saying they were going to go for one of the top forwards a couple days ago. Duschene, Landeskog, Parenteau, O'Reilly and Mackinnon is a very solid, young core of forwards they have there. Their defense looks shaky but damn I'm jealous of those forwards they have if they decide to go Mackinnon.
    I still think they should draft Jones... I mean, just look at Edmonton to see how it works out when you continuously use top picks on forwards and ignore defense. Sure, it'll give them a great group of forwards, but balance is what wins championships.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Rask had a better defense then Thomas and a more experienced team then Thomas. When the D broke down Thomas mad the crucial saves and Rask did not and if you watched any of the games were Rask was lights out you saw team defense clogging lanes and blocking shots and whatever was thrown at Rask he stopped. The Toews goal to tie it was all Rask thats a save you have to make and to let it go 5 hole is uhhhhhh. Here are some stats for you and yes i love Rask but in the clutch Thomas was the better player.

Rask allowed 11 goals in the final three games (when it counted most) - a 3.66 GAA. That ain't going to cut it.

Rask Finals: 2.66 GAA, .929 SV PCTG - Decent enough. But not enough.

Thomas Finals: *1.10 GAA, *.987 SV PCTG - Conn Smythe (*Stanley Cup Records)
    Defense was the same for Rask as for Thomas, only difference is Krug in for Kaberle. Plus, Chara looked a hell of a lot better in the '11 cup final than in this past one. Something clearly wasn't right with him this series. Also, Thomas only won games in the finals that were blowouts. He didn't really have to be a difference maker in those four games because Luongo was so bad on the other side. The games Thomas won were 8-1, 4-0, 5-2, and 4-0. The Bruins only reached 4+ goals once in this cup final, that can't be blamed on Rask. I'm much more comfortable with Rask than with Thomas in net. Rask just played a vastly superior team to what Thomas had to face in '11. We've all seen what the Canucks have become since that playoff series. This Chicago team meanwhile is on the verge of a dynasty with 2 Cups in 4 years and no signs of slowing down.

Agree with ^

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Good series, one of the best in recent years. Close games, figured this was going to make it to seven in the final minutes.. but alas. Wouldn't say Boston choked but I still can't believe Chicago tied and WON in the last, what, 76 seconds? I thought it was going to OT for sure. Mental lapse for sure, but nothing will be as bad as Torontos mental retardation at the end of the series.
    Letting 2 goals in within 1:22 seconds of game 7 in the first round is mentally retarded, but letting 2 goals in within 1:16 in the SCF is nowhere near that stupid?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Hawks certainly deserved to win the Cup with the season they had. Great series, great playoffs, redemption after that fucking stupid lockout.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Defense was the same for Rask as for Thomas, only difference is Krug in for Kaberle. Plus, Chara looked a hell of a lot better in the '11 cup final than in this past one. Something clearly wasn't right with him this series. Also, Thomas only won games in the finals that were blowouts. He didn't really have to be a difference maker in those four games because Luongo was so bad on the other side. The games Thomas won were 8-1, 4-0, 5-2, and 4-0. The Bruins only reached 4+ goals once in this cup final, that can't be blamed on Rask. I'm much more comfortable with Rask than with Thomas in net. Rask just played a vastly superior team to what Thomas had to face in '11. We've all seen what the Canucks have become since that playoff series. This Chicago team meanwhile is on the verge of a dynasty with 2 Cups in 4 years and no signs of slowing down.
    Dynasties will never exist again. The league is too competitive and balanced in a salary cap world to create dynasties. Chicago will be a good and competitive team for the next several years though, they just need to find ways to balance the books and the quality of their roster to keep winning. Just like most teams have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Hawks certainly deserved to win the Cup with the season they had. Great series, great playoffs, redemption after that fucking stupid lockout.

Dynasties will never exist again. The league is too competitive and balanced in a salary cap world to create dynasties. Chicago will be a good and competitive team for the next several years though, they just need to find ways to balance the books and the quality of their roster to keep winning. Just like most teams have to do.
    I don't disagree that the league is extremely competitive, and the salary cap helps keep parity. But, if any team can do it, it's Chicago. If they win one more cup in the next 3-5 years, I would consider that a dynasty in this league. That'd be three cups in what, seven or eight years? And, it's perfectly reasonable to believe that they can do that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

The cap definitely makes dominating years like the Hawks had this year very, very unlikely - but it certainly doesn't mean they can't win another one. You don't need to have a team capable of going wire-to-wire P Trophy winners and then on to win the cup. You just need to have a team good enough to be in the mix and give yourself a chance come the playoffs, then anything can happen.

Hawks had this year what you need to dominate in this cap era, which is a perfect storm of players with low value contracts maturing at the same time and meshing with your high contract players. I'd say Bickell, Shaw, and Saad fit that role pretty well: 500k, 500k, and 800k contracts respectively who all had their best seasons (obv it was Saad's first) and Bickell especially produced 10x the value of his contract in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-26 at 04:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

the last dynasty to exist lasted from roughly 1996-2002 in the form the red wings. won't happen again in the cap era.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Odds are out for next years cup winner, obviously beyond meaningless at this point but still fun to look at.

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/n...ckell-contract

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...165249387.html

Two slightly different lists but both have Pittsburgh as the favorite.
    these oddsmakers are friggen retarded, they clearly havent realized that DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
    at this rate i bet they learn this lesson after Pittsburgh learns this lesson, and seeing as pittsburghs all like "hey we knew he was terrible in the playoffs, but the Flower is still our number 1 goalie next year" neither of them will EVER friggen learn this lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends how one defines a dynasty, but it certainly does not appear the Islanders, the Canadiens, or anybody else will be winning 4 in a row any time soon.

I guess Bryzgalov is getting bought out after all, the only surprise were the reports claiming he wouldn't be.

That's 7 years worth of contract, I think DiPietro has 8, and its only a matter of time before the compliance monster gobbles that one up too.
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-06-26 at 07:49 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Bryz, you see this about the Philly beat writer?

http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-a-fly...ov-u-574043008

What a piece of shit, found someone worse than Cox/Simmons!

I'm not sure why he thought he would want to talk to him. I know if they had let me go I would of responded with " I'm not a Flyer anymore, no reason to talk to Flyer Beat writers" and hung up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell, Bergeron has been beat the hell up.

BOSTON -- Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told reporters Wednesday that center Patrice Bergeron was absent from the team's end-of-season breakup day Wednesday at TD Garden because he was at a local hospital for observation for a slight puncture of his lung.

Chiarelli would not specify when the injury happened, but that it was not during a game.

Bergeron had played Game 6 despite starting with a broken rib and torn rib cartilage. He then also sustained a separated shoulder during the game.
    But that's why I love hockey!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah all the injuries come out now. Apparently Q orginally split up Bicks Towes and Kane because Bickell had a severe knee problem. Handzus meanwhile had a torn MCL and broken wrist, while Hossa had a bulging disc in his back that pushed up against a nerve and caused his left leg to go numb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Handzus meanwhile had a torn MCL and broken wrist
    maybe he wasn't diving EVERY time somebody made contact with him

2 months of playing injured. All those times I wish I'd played hockey more get washed away when I see things like this. If I have a bad hangnail on my right hand I don't even want to play squash... These guys are puncturing lungs and tearing tendons and breaking shit. Even the so called 'pussies' around the NHL probably play through more pain than most of us can fathom.

Patrice Bergeron has always been my favorite Bruin and favorite NHL player and what he did to play just makes me love the guy even more he is the heart and soul of the Bruins. Sucks to lose but we gave it our all and thats all you can ask for i guess. I am glad Carl Soderberg got to play thought that guy is going to be a beast next season he has Lucic's size and loves to hit hard on the forecheck and he is a fast skater like Seguin and he has excellent hands and is a playmaker cant wait to watch him in a Bruins uniform

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Patrice Bergeron has always been my favorite Bruin and favorite NHL player and what he did to play just makes me love the guy even more he is the heart and soul of the Bruins. Sucks to lose but we gave it our all and thats all you can ask for i guess. I am glad Carl Soderberg got to play thought that guy is going to be a beast next season he has Lucic's size and loves to hit hard on the forecheck and he is a fast skater like Seguin and he has excellent hands and is a playmaker cant wait to watch him in a Bruins uniform
    Even though I am not a Bruins fan I will follow him next season. He is going to be great for your team Fits very well in Bruins playstyle