Ya.. Edler has kind of proven in the last few months that he plays kind of recklessly. I realize international competition has no bearing on NHL suspensions, but it's a good suspension in my eyes. People will say 'he had elbow tucked and Hertl was leaning forward', but he came from all the way across the ice, easily could have taken the puck away from Hertl, but instead chose to hit him... in the head. He could have taken the puck. He could have hit body on body. He chose to do neither, and try to make it seem like an innocent hit.

I agree players need to keep their heads up, and leaning forwards like that is kind of begging to get your clock cleaned, but that doesn't mean you should be the one who cleans it for them. If he had come from in front of him, I guarantee you there's no suspension. He took advantage of a player in a vulnerable position.

Players still don't seem to have clued in to this shit yet... how many concussions need to happen before they stop going for the head?

- - - Updated - - -

I still can't find video of the Kaleta incident.. anyone able to help out there?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No need to see video, Leafs fans should all know how much of a dirty bag of stool he is. He has already been suspended twice, so odds are he gets a heavier suspension then usual for being a repeat offender.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    He got 5 games last time, he should get 10 this time in my opinion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew Bernier was good before but my god if he keeps this up he's going to be a top 5 goalie in the next 2 years.

Heres to hoping Monahan scores again tonight, got a feeling we're gonna lose vs a team that looks like we should beat because of how both New Jersey and Calgary have started. A man can dream ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I knew Bernier was good before but my god if he keeps this up he's going to be a top 5 goalie in the next 2 years.

Heres to hoping Monahan scores again tonight, got a feeling we're gonna lose vs a team that looks like we should beat because of how both New Jersey and Calgary have started. A man can dream ;(
    Over these first few games Monahan is impressing me more than McKinnon so far. I hope he keeps it up... and then he goes the way of Gilmour & Phaneuf.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    MONAHAN!!! Fuck yeah baby!

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually I"d chime in and say something about how the Hawks won..etc but I'm just gonna make an exclamation that the Panthers whooped all over the Penguins and that is fucking great! WoW! That's a nice home opener for them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Barkov had a good night from what I saw too. So many rookies are doing well so far.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it looks like Kaleta is going to get more then a 5 game suspension, he is suspended until his hearing which has been pushed back until Tuesday when they are in New York to face the Islanders, he will be having an in person hearing. If he gets 5 games then that is bullshit because he is facing his 4th suspension since 2009, meaning he is a repeat offender of the most consistent kind and something like 15 games is more warranted to get the point across that his bullshit is not to be tolerated. So far this year, Shanny has been soft on suspensions and should be applying heavier penalties for head hits.

Also, is it just me or is the league completely ignoring teams trying to run over the oppositions goalies? Montreal tried to run over Reimer numerous times in the season opener and I have seen it several times since with both him and Bernier. I am surprised the league is tolerating players charging the net and running over goalies in the process, if a skater did that to anyone else then it would be a charging penalty. Sorry folks but I don't want to see what happened to Reimer two years ago happen to him or Bernier, or any other goalie in the league for that matter. It's time for a crackdown on this kind of nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure of the specific incident you are talking about, but I think if a goalie is outside of the crease or the trapezoid, they are fair game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, the goalie is inside the crease.

Anyway, how the hell was that an interference on JVR in the first period? He outmuscled a player to make a 2 on 1 on the PK and he was given an interference penalty for it. Terrible call if I ever saw one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Close game we got here boys

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Rangers. The minute they gain some momentum, the Blues score a goal.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it's 5-5 saddens me.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woo! Fuck the Oilers!

Varlamov has been insane to start the season. Four games, only one goal allowed in each. I guess playing for one of the greatest goalies of all time is paying off for him thus far.

Deleted
    Clutch performance from the Leafs tonight, that's the type of game they'd have lost heavily a couple of seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The fact that it's 5-5 saddens me.
    Reffing and defense was all around awful tonight for both teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    sooo.... that goal... idek....