I'm done with the forums for tonight, got to start on a ton of homework. I'll leave a few thoughts however:

- Well played Boston, you're probably going to win this one, there is still no doubt in my mind that Canucks will win the cup.
    - Horton is a goon and got what he deserved.
    - Any Bruins fan demanding a suspension on that hit is a delusional retard and needs to take a look at the Horton suckerpunch on Moore or throwing a bottle at a fan in the TB series.
    - I said it before, if there was 1 game I wouldn't mind Canucks losing, it's this one.
    - Can't wait to hear how Boston fans educate us on how the refs were favoring the Canucks this game.
    - Boston, the city of goons.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Still winnable...those rebounds he's giving up are just too juicy
    not anymore

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    What, Horton getting what he deserves for being a little twat? Sure it's why the Bruins are throwing hissy fits and not getting called much, really capitalizing on Luongo having an abysmal night tonight. Still not a good reason to be throwing sucker punches at everyone.*

*Except LaPierre, he kinda deserves to be punched. A lot.
    Boston has dominated this game, true story. There is a reason they are up 4-0 now.

15+ Year Old Account
    What, Horton getting what he deserves for being a little twat? Sure it's why the Bruins are throwing hissy fits and not getting called much, really capitalizing on Luongo having an abysmal night tonight. Still not a good reason to be throwing sucker punches at everyone.*

*Except LaPierre, he kinda deserves to be punched. A lot.
    I'm not going to argue that Horton deserved to have his shit beat in, but no player deserves to be the target of a risky, dirty hit like that. Well, with the exception of Claude Lemieux. That guy deserves to have his face smashed into the ice over and over and over and over. Horton deserved to be punched in a fair or even cheap manner. He didn't deserve what happened to him. That is like saying Matt Moore deserved what Bertuzzi did to him for hurting Naslund (I think it was Naslund he hurt the year before).

Well that isn't fair as I don't blame Bert for what happened still. I blame him, Crawford his coach, and the other 6 fucking morons who piled on Moore and Bert from both teams. That resulted in more injury than Bert's punch.

Yeah this kinda sucks...another second period sleeper. doing my best to maintain my optimism...maybe more whiskey

Nothing wrong with Roma's hit. They ain't playing tiddlywinks out there. Remember to not admire your pass next time son.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Boston has dominated this game, true story. There is a reason they are up 4-0 now.
    Stay classy, Boston. :P
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-06-07 at 01:48 AM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    They have dominated the second period. The first period, the shots were 12 - 7 for the Canucks, with 6 of Boston's shots occurring during their 5 min PP.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well it deserved a clear 2 minutes at minimum for the blatant interference. His injury definitely helped to mark it up to 5 and a game though. I'm alright with it being a 5 though because it was clearly an unnecessary hit to a defenseless player. You can't always be expecting a player to step up on your for no reason. There are two comparable plays so far in the playoffs. The Torres hit in the Chicago series and a hit by Tootoo in the Nashville/Anaheim series. The Torres hit was delivered to an unsuspecting player who should have been expecting as he was in a high contact area behind the net. The Tootoo hit was on a defenseless player in the middle of the ice who had no reason to think a player is coming to hit him. The Tootoo hit was far less severe looking than Rome's hit. The moral of the story is that Rome had no reason at all to step up on Horton like that as he clearly could see the puck had been moved and Horton wasn't looking in his direction.
    I played hockey for several years, and even at a children's level you're taught to always expect your man to check you. Even if you know you're not gonna get touched, you have to assume you are. It's what you have to expect because it comes with the territory. If you keep your head down and get hit, you only have yourself to blame. You can't expect every other player to look out for you when you won't.

That's not to say it didn't deserve the interference call. I'd at least expect that, even though it was actually close since he just passed the puck and then got hit within the second or so. But I'm not convinced it was intentionally dirty or even dirty to begin with.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm not going to argue that Horton deserved to have his shit beat in, but no player deserves to be the target of a risky, dirty hit like that. Well, with the exception of Claude Lemieux. That guy deserves to have his face smashed into the ice over and over and over and over. Horton deserved to be punched in a fair or even cheap manner. He didn't deserve what happened to him. That is like saying Matt Moore deserved what Bertuzzi did to him for hurting Naslund (I think it was Naslund he hurt the year before).

Well that isn't fair as I don't blame Bert for what happened still. I blame him, Crawford his coach, and the other 6 fucking morons who piled on Moore and Bert from both teams. That resulted in more injury than Bert's punch.
    Wasn't that Steve Moore? I could be wrong. And didn't his injury mainly stem from the fact that everyone dogpiled Bertuzzi immediately after, and not so much the initial cheapshot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    I'm done with the forums for tonight, got to start on a ton of homework. I'll leave a few thoughts however:

- Well played Boston, you're probably going to win this one, there is still no doubt in my mind that Canucks will win the cup.
    - Any Bruins fan demanding a suspension on that hit is a delusional retard and needs to take a look at the Horton suckerpunch on Moore or throwing a bottle at a fan in the TB series.
    - I said it before, if there was 1 game I wouldn't mind Canucks losing, it's this one.
    - Can't wait to hear how Boston fans educate us on how the refs were favoring the Canucks this game.
    I fucking hate Boston in every sport and I think that should at least get Rome a game. Not going to lie, first thing I thought was this is going to be another Paul Pierce moment with Boston and its constant shitstream of drama. Oh god my knee, I can't fucking walk. Carry me off the court and to the locker room guys. Cameras gone? Good. Naw man I'm fine I'll be back there in a little bit. Just playing headgames with those bitches. Or Curt Schilling and the bloody sock although I'll buy that one more because Schilling fucking rules.

steve moore. and that little bitch got what he deserved. same thing he did to Naslund the week prior, he just made it worse by running from bertuzzi instead of manning up and taking his lumps.

i know it's an unpopular opinion as he was quite hurt, but if he'd just fought a canuck and turtled he'd have had a bloody nose at worse. His hit on Naslund the week before was a clear head hunting cheap shot by a scrub on the top player in the NHL at the time. Naslund never returned to form after that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post

Vancouver, butt hurt fans cause they won't sweep a series. Don't blame Boston because Vancouver players took retarded penalties, pretty sure Vancouver deserves to lose this game after Rome head shotting Horton, revenge is a dish best served cold after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Answer me this, why are Vancouver players standing around and doing nothing when Boston is attacking this period? Have they been this lifeless all night?

Either A) League is drawing out the series (wouldn't be surprised).

or B) This is Vancouver's way of trolling Boston into thinking they will come back for a game 7 but will wreck them in 4 and 5 to take the cup home in the PNW.

I REALLY hope it's B. Because this game is hard to watch. Mostly because I absolutely fucking can't stand Boston, but whatever.

high stick to the face. classy work boston

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I played hockey for several years, and even at a children's level you're taught to always expect your man to check you. Even if you know you're not gonna get touched, you have to assume you are. It's what you have to expect because it comes with the territory. If you keep your head down and get hit, you only have yourself to blame. You can't expect every other player to look out for you when you won't.

That's not to say it didn't deserve the interference call. I'd at least expect that, even though it was actually close since he just passed the puck and then got hit within the second or so. But I'm not convinced it was intentionally dirty or even dirty to begin with.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 01:47 AM ----------

Wasn't that Steve Moore? I could be wrong. And didn't his injury mainly stem from the fact that everyone dogpiled Bertuzzi immediately after, and not so much the initial cheapshot?
    Indeed it is Steve Moore. Matt Moore is a QB for the Panthers lol. But ya I always thought the bulk of the injury came from the idiots jumping on top of him, not Bert's relatively harmless looking punch. That cheap shot Crosby landed to the back of a guy's neck looked harder than Bert's punch.

i still think the canucks can win this. cue the rally caps

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    They have dominated the second period. The first period, the shots were 12 - 7 for the Canucks, with 6 of Boston's shots occurring during their 5 min PP.
    Vancouver has had their opportunities, Tim Thomas has just stopped everything the Canucks can muster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver, butt hurt fans cause they won't sweep a series. Don't blame Boston because Vancouver players took retarded penalties, pretty sure Vancouver deserves to lose this game after Rome head shotting Horton, revenge is a dish best served cold after all.
    Boston is getting pretty stupid penalties despite not getting called on several other incidents. Horton is a turd and a fool for putting his head down, deserves what he got for not watching where he was going, and being a total fucking twat. Hope he's out for the rest of the series so he can't ruin anymore games with his bullshit "heroics".

15+ Year Old Account
    Answer me this, why are Vancouver players standing around and doing nothing when Boston is attacking this period? Have they been this lifeless all night?

Either A) League is drawing out the series (wouldn't be surprised).

or B) This is Vancouver's way of trolling Boston into thinking they will come back for a game 7 but will wreck them in 4 and 5 to take the cup home in the PNW.

I REALLY hope it's B. Because this game is hard to watch. Mostly because I absolutely fucking can't stand Boston, but whatever.
    My money is on B, but league interference isn't obvious in this game at all. Penalties have been fairly even even with the 5 minutes of futility in the first for Boston. Vancouver has just looked slow for a lot of tonight, especially this period and it has mostly come on defensive breakdowns and lucky bounces. The sudden lack of defensive depth thanks to injuries and the game misconduct which has them playing with 5 guys seems to be wearing on them right now.

OMG THESE REFS ARE JUST HELPING THE CANUCKS WIN GAME 1 AND 2
    - classy boston fan

You're going to win once, don't get carried away.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)