Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    Vancouver has been playing like pussies this entire series.

Game 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmZWIX0278

Game 2:

Lapierre sticks his fingers in Bergeron's mouth

Game 3:

Rome's pussy hit on Horton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8voTc9A7qDQ

Hansen slashes Recchi from behind then scores a goal (6 seconds in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJqMh6I1a0

Daniel Sedin diving after a clean hit (24 seconds in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPqT5OJaoDQ

You canadians are terrible sports
    Pretty sure we can find just as many things Boston did that you would call "playing like pussies"

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565103

I'm done with this series. That's absolutely retarded.

See you all next season, maybe.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post

Bye. Four games aka the rest of the playoffs does seem like a lot. It absolutely deserved a suspension although I certainly was expecting two games. Either way, two games or four games is going to be the rest of the playoffs. And the carryover seriously doesn't even matter as Rome is a 6th or 7th spot defenseman on a team with a respectable d-core like the Canucks.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 03:22 PM ----------

Okay, seriously WHAT THE FUCK. Detroit finished 5th in NHL markets for ratings for Game 2 (Game 3 info should be up tomorrow). Freaking fifth! Behind Nashville. Fucking Nashville! I am just going to assume that a bunch of people who count to the Detroit market ratings had their houses broken into and looted on Saturday.

Also, big round of applause for Chicago having the same ratings as Phoenix. /grats.
    http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...n-nhl-markets/
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-07 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a video of the hit that got Rome suspended?

nvmd, found it.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-06-07 at 07:46 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Anyone got a video of the hit that got Rome suspended?
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d-rr-headlines

15+ Year Old Account
    Who needs a video when you can watch a .gif

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/6/6...-bruins-game-3

Not really. Bye.

Bahaha buh bye. So much for your prediction of the 4 game sweep too, right?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

This is the playoffs, you don't make hits like that by any means. There is a difference between being physical and trying to end someone's career. If the league wanted to make an example, they would give Rome a suspension equal to the time that Horton is out of hockey, which could be a long time as we have seen with Savard and Crosby. The spanking the Bruins laid on the Canucks was well deserved after that hit on Horton, had it not have happened then Vancouver might have won the game. But hey, stupid is as stupid does. The suspension is sufficient, but still not equal to what Horton (or any other player with a severe concussion) will have to face for the rest of his life.

4 games for that hit is more making a statement than punishment for the crime, as bad as it was i'd have said a 2 game sit would have been what everyone expected but the league wanted to be seen to be tough given the amount of riding they took after Burrows' lack of suspension. I doubt you'll find anyone who could excuse that hit (as blatant a head-hunting hit i've seen).
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I guess Ballard is in then.
    I remember it all too well

For the record, I called the sweep

What's with all the angry boston fanbois and their vitriol? I'd be mad too I guess if I had Oates, Neely and Bourque all at the same time and couldn't win a cup.

Let's be honest, Boston put all their mojo into one game for Neely's bday, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Neely was a classy player, and as president of that organization I have trouble rooting against him.

He got his birthday win, now it's time for a reality check.

History shows it's never a good idea to embarrass a team, they tend to react right proper the next game and lay a drubbing.

I'm just glad we've got a series. I was in the heart of it in the '94 run and that final series with the rangers was still among the best final series of all time, canucks fan or not.

Hey angry broons fans, well, the ones here at least, remember you're watching, they're playing. Keep the 'passion' in the bedroom, the only one that's displaying any class and knowledge of the game is conscript, take notes from him on how to be a fan.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 06:17 PM ----------

Tanev and Ballard in as well, 2 guys that would be top 4 on any other team (Ballard was top 2). Damn I like our depth.

Also: I'm clearly too used to proper old time hockey I just thought that hit was a touch late, but still fucking epic. Stay down Horton, i'll blend you some lunch.

Nah man, these days most of the Old School hits are more understood as being extremely dangerous under concussions - nothing wrong with old school play but there's a difference between old school & dangerous, that hit was dangerous.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I'd like to apologize for getting a bit carried away the past few pages to everyone, hope this thread doesn't get locked, except for that one moronic Bruins fan.

I think it's Rennadrel, the one complete moron in this thread that spams walls of texts scatted with swearing when his team finally stepped their game up in the finals.

It's still 2-1, and I still fail to see Boston as a serious contender, /nuff said
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    It's still 2-1, and I still fail to see Boston as a serious contender, /nuff said
    You should get your eyes checked. Boston has played better this whole series. The Canucks were suppose to be killing the Bruins with their offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images
    /546/lolvancouver.jpg/

could easily be 3-0 boston

10+ Year Old Account
    lulz. Aaron Rome went all Darcy Tucker on Horton.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but still; I thought the goons would be on Grapes' team, not the Canucks.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    This is the playoffs, you don't make hits like that by any means. There is a difference between being physical and trying to end someone's career. If the league wanted to make an example, they would give Rome a suspension equal to the time that Horton is out of hockey, which could be a long time as we have seen with Savard and Crosby. The spanking the Bruins laid on the Canucks was well deserved after that hit on Horton, had it not have happened then Vancouver might have won the game. But hey, stupid is as stupid does. The suspension is sufficient, but still not equal to what Horton (or any other player with a severe concussion) will have to face for the rest of his life.
    Horton can join Bergeron and Savard in the "bib club".
    They're all a bunch of goons anyway, none of them belong in the NHL.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 06:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    could easily be 3-0 boston
    That's the kind of shit we Leafs fans say. We don't believe it when we say it, do you actually believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    lulz. Aaron Rome went all Darcy Tucker on Horton.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but still; I thought the goons would be on Grapes' team, not the Canucks.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 06:21 AM ----------

Horton can join Bergeron and Savard in the "bib club".
    They're all a bunch of goons anyway, none of them belong in the NHL.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 06:22 AM ----------

That's the kind of shit we Leafs fans say. We don't believe it when we say it, do you actually believe that?
    Judging by these statements you shouldnt believe anything that pops into your head I can understand calling horton a goon maybe even savard cuz he bit that guy but calling bergeron a goon is like saying derek jeter is on steroids.... Seriously now the anti-bruin brigade is just making crap up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Judging by these statements you shouldnt believe anything that pops into your head I can understand calling horton a goon maybe even savard cuz he bit that guy but calling bergeron a goon is like saying derek jeter is on steroids.... Seriously now the anti-bruin brigade is just making crap up.
    Obvious troll is obvious? Bergeron is the biggest goon of the three.
    After his time off as a result of that hit from Randy Jones - which was dirty, no question about it - he came back an honors graduate from Scott Stevens University.

I could see you sticking up for Horton, but Bergeron? Dude fucked up his shoulder because he uses it to connect with people's heads.

And Derek Jeter doesn't do steroids? I suppose you think Michael Jackson never had plastic surgery either.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious? Bergeron is the biggest goon of the three.
    After his time off as a result of that hit from Randy Jones - which was dirty, no question about it - he came back an honors graduate from Scott Stevens University.

I could see you sticking up for Horton, but Bergeron? Dude fucked up his shoulder because he uses it to connect with people's heads.

And Derek Jeter doesn't do steroids? I suppose you think Michael Jackson never had plastic surgery either.
    ^ I rest my case this guy is delusional.