Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Are the Leafs really that bad or are they suffering from not having a good goaltender? They were talking about Toronto on Hockeycentral@noon today and the general consensus was if they had a good goalie like most other successful teams, they would be a much better team them self.
    This has little to do with the goalies. Gustavsson can go to a dozen other teams and be capable of making second or third round with a bit more confidence, less regard for the media, and dedicated players willing to block shots. Worst thing was taking Gustavsson out of net (while he was incredibly hot) once Reimer came back, that was just all sorts of fail on everyone involved in that decision followed by that rotating goalie bullshit.

Aside from that, we have one offensive line bringing their all game in and out (except against Boston) along with one player on the second game, and Mike Brown. Changing a goalie every year hasn't helped us any more than when we boo'd Raycroft out of the city. They just don't, for whatever reason, play well defensively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    3 goal lead after 8 minutes? Don't mind if I do!
    ^.^ Gotta love it

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    3 goal lead after 8 minutes? Don't mind if I do!
    It's expected, it's Columbus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    It's expected, it's Columbus.
    Tell Vancouver the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Tell Vancouver the same?
    Ba dum, tish.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are the Leafs really that bad or are they suffering from not having a good goaltender? They were talking about Toronto on Hockeycentral@noon today and the general consensus was if they had a good goalie like most other successful teams, they would be a much better team them self.
    If they didn't have Komi and Schenn fucking up so much, and if we had a competent goalie, all would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Shutout by the Wild. God dammit.
    Not surprising. The Canucks have been coasting for 3 months now.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Not surprising. The Canucks have been coasting for 3 months now.
    if the canucks are coasting, what do you call what the Wings are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I believe Buzz called it, falling with style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    I believe Buzz called it, falling with style.
    i'll admit it. this made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Looks like you guys are doing the same thing. Cannucks are 3-5-2 in their last 10, Wings are 3-6-1

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, looks like the lack of having any skill on our team is catching up to the Flames finally. Can't rely on Kiprusoff to win every single game. Oh well, there's always next year to have the same unskilled team and try to battle for 8th, and blow it in the last 10 games. Heres to looking forward to an awesome playoff, anyone putting early predictions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Great heart shown by the Avs and deserved the win tonight. Considering O'Reilly copped a stick to the face at the top of the crease with 3:30 left in OT, left to bleed on the ice while no penalty was called. It should have ended earlier.
    Also Varly has found the ark of the covenant or is a green lantern or something. He is CRAZY good!
    Lehtonen is in the same boat, you guys see that mental flip to boot the puck mid air? He's on something i'm sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, looks like the lack of having any skill on our team is catching up to the Flames finally. Can't rely on Kiprusoff to win every single game. Oh well, there's always next year to have the same unskilled team and try to battle for 8th, and blow it in the last 10 games. Heres to looking forward to an awesome playoff, anyone putting early predictions?
    canucks win it all

Well once again Preds finally have a chance to do something and come out and play like garbage. Detroit is all but handing us the 4th spot and we aren't willing to take it. Granted we got a couple guys out atm that is making for some really odd pairings on the 3rd and 4th line ( AK with Spaling and Halischuk, lolwut?) but the guys stunk it up. Of course we lost a goal just as we were starting to make the come back because of the refs so bleh.

I'm hoping the guys are playing lack luster simply because they know they are probably in the playoffs, but can't help but wonder if all of the new additions aren't messing us up. This loss basically reminds me of how we were playing back at the start of the season.

sigh.

i'm just tired. tired. TIRED!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    canucks win it all
    Nobody wants that to happen, the city might not recover from the ashes this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    sigh.

i'm just tired. tired. TIRED!
    Something Leaf fans have in common with you. Getting very very tired of a team with no heart.

Quick! Someone get Wendell Clark's number to kick some Leaf ass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody wants that to happen, the city might not recover from the ashes this time around.
    Hmm... Stanley Cup or survival of the city. Stanley Cup... survival of city...

I have to go with Lord Stanley on this one.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2011/06/r...e-and-cleanup/

10 people torch cars
    10 thousand people go home saddened