10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    how did 4 refs miss that obvious interferrence penalty? and suspension for torres? that pile of shit just needs to be kicked out of the NHL already.

gutless pieces of shit like that get me so angry... fucking spineless jellyfish.

sorry if i'm a little late, but i couldn't watch any games last night, finals this week. just now saw the highlights during my first break here at school.
    One of the refs was literally standing 10 feet from where Torres hit Hossa, how all four can miss something like that is beyond me.. but it hasn't just been the Hawks games its been terrible for each team...its sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Coach Q Will be giving an update on Hossa at noon. NHL setting up disciplinary meeting for Torres "ASAP"...lol
    Glad to see the NHL tried at least to step up and say get your ass in here right now and lets talk.

Markham, ON is apparently voting on a 19,000 capacity NHL quality arena next week. Hello more relocation rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    One of the refs was literally standing 10 feet from where Torres hit Hossa, how all four can miss something like that is beyond me.. but it hasn't just been the Hawks games its been terrible for each team...its sad.
    what really grinds my gears is that ref, literally saw the hit, and moved out of the way so he wasn't hit in any crossfire.

i simply agree that the reffing during this years playoffs (hell all season long) has been terrible. the NHL needs to fire all these current refs and replace them asap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    what really grinds my gears is that ref, literally saw the hit, and moved out of the way so he wasn't hit in any crossfire.

i simply agree that the reffing during this years playoffs (hell all season long) has been terrible. the NHL needs to fire all these current refs and replace them asap.
    I never, ever, ever thought I would say this, but god do I miss Bil McCreary. I never thought I would actually miss a ref before. Back in the majority of his career there was only one ref on the ice along with the linesman too. I think the answer is that the league needs to pull the useless announcer from between the benches and put a ref there who is solely responsible for the space between the blue lines.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    i think the answer is that the league needs to pull the useless announcer from between the benches and put a ref there who is solely responsible for the space between the blue lines.
    petition this noaw!

Caps fan here. Really hoping they make it past Boston. 3-1 against them in the regular season but the caps seem to be a much different team in the playoffs and not in a good way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got bored and started looking up terrible calls by the Refs. This is by far my favourite.

You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people still talking about Bertuzzi? Yeah, he sucker punched Moore, so what? You act like it never ever happens and Bert is public enemy #1 that got away with murder. Everyone gets angry. Had Zetterberg been injured, Shae Webber would have been charged with assault and slapped on a huge suspension. That was no different than Bertuzzi's sucker punch, who the fuck expects to get WWE'd on? If the entire team dogpiled on him like they did with Moore and broke his neck, don't you think there would be the same feeling? When Bert played in Calgary he was actually a pretty nice guy. Met him a couple times and he recognized my face the 2nd time and was fine to sign an autograph. He LOOKS like he'd be an asshole but looks aren't everything.

Daniel playing and Schneider starting
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Why are people still talking about Bertuzzi? Yeah, he sucker punched Moore, so what? You act like it never ever happens and Bert is public enemy #1 that got away with murder. Everyone gets angry. Had Zetterberg been injured, Shae Webber would have been charged with assault and slapped on a huge suspension. That was no different than Bertuzzi's sucker punch, who the fuck expects to get WWE'd on? If the entire team dogpiled on him like they did with Moore and broke his neck, don't you think there would be the same feeling? When Bert played in Calgary he was actually a pretty nice guy. Met him a couple times and he recognized my face the 2nd time and was fine to sign an autograph. He LOOKS like he'd be an asshole but looks aren't everything.
    Meh I would of been surprised if he would of been charged with assault, it took place in TN. Suspended, probably. Charged with assualt? probably not. Actually convicted? LOL. This is the south, where sports makes you godly, and the bury shit better than the mob burying Jimmy Hoffa.

10+ Year Old Account

... How do you let this happen? Like...people are so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Daniel playing and Schneider starting
    Sounds like Vancouver is firing up an All-Star lineup to get swept by LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I got bored and started looking up terrible calls by the Refs. This is by far my favourite.

Thats horrid lol

Deleted
    If Kings win tonight, will they be the first team to advance into conference semi-finals without a single loss as the eight seeded team vs first seeded team in history of NHL?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    That Bertuzzi punch was dirty, but the injury wouldn't have occurred if two entire teams didn't decide to loldogpile on him when Moore was down.
    The injury wouldn't have happened in Bertuzzi had a brain since Moore already fought someone prior to that for what he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywins View Post
    If Kings win tonight, will they be the first team to advance into conference semi-finals without a single loss as the eight seeded team vs first seeded team in history of NHL?
    Thanks a lot, now I have to spend 10 mins looking this up because I'm curious now.

Since 1994 when the playoff brackets have been 1-8. No, no 8th seed has swept 1st seed.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-04-18 at 08:34 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    LOL@ saying he'd be charged with assault. Pro players in any sport are RARELY if ever charged with assault for what happens on the field.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Thanks a lot, now I have to spend 10 mins looking this up because I'm curious now.

Since 1994 when the playoff brackets have been 1-8. No, no 8th seed has swept 1st seed.
    Cheers for looking it up

Hopefully they complete this achievement then!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the point of bringing up the Bertuzzi incident. It's well documented that had his teammates not dog piled Bertuzzi/Moore, Moore wouldn't of suffered the career ending injury. Yes Bertuzzi sucker punched Moore, but it's not like it doesn't happen every year. Had the injury not of happened, no one would ever bring this up, and Moore could of continued playing for 5 more seasons in the NHL.

It's not like Bertuzzi continued his career punching orphans and running over puppies, he's been a player who is attempting to move on from a mistake of 8+ years ago.