10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    The Broduer comment was such an obvious joke, you actually think he was calling for head hunting? I'll assume you're joking as well. IIRC Asera is a Caps fan, so him calling the Rangers scumbags is more than overlooking whatever the Devils did ;P
    There is a difference between whether you read the comment or heard him say it. He wasn't joking. Brodeur has always been a douche.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    lol, what team could use a goalie who dives... Toronto? fits fix their whole play style.
    Nah, that was already tried with Vesa Toskala and it turned out that he was absolute shit.

Also, go LA, fuck Kovalcheque.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Lidstrom is retiring. Announcement scheduled for tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397224

yup, one of the greatest if not the greatest dmen to ever play, people say orr, but Lidstrom just had the longevity

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what I heard on the radio. The press conference is to announce whether or not he will play next year, though IIRC when the Red Wings were eliminated I thought he said he was going to take until July to decide whether or not he was going to play. To be fair, I don't think at his age, it's right for him to continue playing as he just risks injury. I think he will stay with the club in some capacity though, who wouldn't want Lidstrom to be a player development coach for defencemen in your minor league system as well as at the NHL level? The guy still has his A game and can certainly play but his body can't handle an 82+ game season anymore. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get involved in player development and scouting if he does retire from playing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    There is a difference between whether you read the comment or heard him say it. He wasn't joking. Brodeur has always been a douche.
    Are you serious? Martin Brodeur is widely known as a really nice guy. You actually think someone would address the media SERIOUSLY with headhunting? Nah, if he actually meant for that type of thing to happen, it would happen behind closed doors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's not what I heard on the radio. The press conference is to announce whether or not he will play next year, though IIRC when the Red Wings were eliminated I thought he said he was going to take until July to decide whether or not he was going to play. To be fair, I don't think at his age, it's right for him to continue playing as he just risks injury. I think he will stay with the club in some capacity though, who wouldn't want Lidstrom to be a player development coach for defencemen in your minor league system as well as at the NHL level? The guy still has his A game and can certainly play but his body can't handle an 82+ game season anymore. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get involved in player development and scouting if he does retire from playing.
    It's certainly possible. I don't think he would just vanish. Maybe take a year off. I sure would want to.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ment-thursday/

Twitter is pretty much saying its a retirement announcement. ESPN, TSN, etc etc.. I even think I saw the NHL tweet about it. The Red Wings twitter just says an announcement though. We'll see, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Looks like Lidstrom is retiring. Announcement scheduled for tomorrow.
    I love Lidstrom. I don't think i have ever watched a better player. What he did over the course of his career is simply unmatched in the history of the NHL. He is going to end up just short of the Norris record, but that is only because the era he plays in is so much more competitive than any before it. Lidstrom is the greatest defenseman ever and a top 5 NHL player of all time.

Having said that, WOOOOOO $6 million more dollars for free agency and Holmstrom is almost certainly done as well.

Also, I might cry tomorrow when I watch his retirement announcement. I am actually tearing up thinking about it now. Love that guy. If I have a bigger hero in sports I can't think of him. I wanted to join the exchange student program and go to Sweden because of him, but that was before there was Rosetta Stone and there is nowhere remotely close to me to learn Swedish.

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 08:06 PM ----------

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey chat is up

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 08:38 PM ----------

And the Kings strike first with the fourth line.

Kings is one-up noticed the last post added too late, conscript!

Let's hope he can keep it that way

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't believe it until the regular season starts. I just can't believe it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

1-1, Elias.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Such an epic, vintage Brodeur save

The streak lives!

2-1 in OT, Anze Kopitar.

10+ Year Old Account
    that was awesome, you don't often see the best player on the team get sprung for a breakaway in OT

Terrible game by the Devils. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with most shots, and Brodeur was the only reason the score wasn't some insane number against them. Realistically, they should've been up at least 3-1 in the third and that it went to overtime to begin with was ridiculous, let alone the fact you had their entire line pinching on a really bad play that led to the game-winning goal.

I wanted to see them take the Cup this year for Marty, but they definitely did not deserve to win this game, and the reaction from their fans makes me believe they don't deserve to win the series. We'll see in Game 2, but I don't hold high hopes any longer.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I love Lidstrom. I don't think i have ever watched a better player. What he did over the course of his career is simply unmatched in the history of the NHL. He is going to end up just short of the Norris record, but that is only because the era he plays in is so much more competitive than any before it. Lidstrom is the greatest defenseman ever and a top 5 NHL player of all time.
    This makes me missing out on Capitals VS Red Wings last October just more of a let down...
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Terrible game by the Devils. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with most shots, and Brodeur was the only reason the score wasn't some insane number against them. Realistically, they should've been up at least 3-1 in the third and that it went to overtime to begin with was ridiculous, let alone the fact you had their entire line pinching on a really bad play that led to the game-winning goal.

I wanted to see them take the Cup this year for Marty, but they definitely did not deserve to win this game, and the reaction from their fans makes me believe they don't deserve to win the series. We'll see in Game 2, but I don't hold high hopes any longer.
    Brodeur played great, I hadn't seen him play in awhile, living on the west coast, and he had all the old tricks I remember seeing from him years ago, swatting away rebounds and the like

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Brodeur played great, I hadn't seen him play in awhile, living on the west coast, and he had all the old tricks I remember seeing from him years ago, swatting away rebounds and the like
    He was fantastic, I love watching him play. I just wish the rest of the team came together and played as well as he did. It was disheartening to watch them miss empty net shots and then leave him on his own at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Are you serious? Martin Brodeur is widely known as a really nice guy. You actually think someone would address the media SERIOUSLY with headhunting? Nah, if he actually meant for that type of thing to happen, it would happen behind closed doors.
    Brodeur a nice guy? Yeah, that's pretty much bullshit. He is a shallow, cocky human being and is a completely douche. Not exactly where you get the "nice guy" from, he's always shot stupid shit from his mouth. He's a good goaltender, but he is an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Brodeur a nice guy? Yeah, that's pretty much bullshit. He is a shallow, cocky human being and is a completely douche. Not exactly where you get the "nice guy" from, he's always shot stupid shit from his mouth. He's a good goaltender, but he is an ass.
    Did he walk up to you and throw sand in your face? The fuck do you have against Brodeur. I've only ever heard positive things about him. Don't be so bitter about losing to him.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.