15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Shane Doan says he'll make a decision on his future come Sept 15th. God fucking dammit Doan, why couldn't you just say "I'll sign when the Coyotes franchise bullshit is resolved."

If after all this he just resigns with the Coyotes, I'm burning my jersey of his.
    If it isn't this jersey style you are a noob. Their new one is a total rip off of the Wings jersey. You also get a pass if its the old teal alternate they used in the late 90s which was just hideous:

New forum game in memory of our hopefully falling brethren in Arizona!

Ugliest jersey, worn in actual competetive (ie, no pre-season) games.
    If a team other than PHX "wins", they can stay.
    Link

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    If it isn't this jersey style you are a noob. Their new one is a total rip off of the Wings jersey. You also get a pass if its the old teal alternate they used in the late 90s which was just hideous:
    I used to have one of those jersey's when I was younger, my dad got it when he was in Phoenix a few years after the Jets moved there. It always smelled funny even after washing, maybe it smelled like the desert.

15+ Year Old Account
    In before Gorton's Fisherman jersey (which I actually like)

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=k...hy5frq7r0fxper
    would be up there for me but the winner has to be:
    http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=p9f7x6g3amgmu0c6fhp1

Thats only because I can't find proof the Blues actually wore that abortion of a jersey with like 8 trumpets on it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Bettman was talking to the media after their meeting yesterday and everything that troll says just makes me mad. "The reason we bounced back easily in the 04' lockout is because we have the greatest fans in the world". The nerve. Mother fucker if you cared at all about the "greatest fans in the world" you woulden't be arguing over money when you're fucking swimming in it. All I keep hearing is the players are being reasonable and the owners are the ones making this thing go on longer. Just feels like they're being unreasonable and greedy for one purpose. Money ruins everything.

It's just clear they don't really give a shit what the NHL looks like to everyone else. As long as they're getting paid it's all good. 2 lockouts in less than 10 years is so pathetic. Every other sport looks down at the NHL and that's because they just don't care about their self image imo. From the shitty discipline when hockey is actually going on to labour disputes. They had so many chances to make examples of players by throwing a lengthy suspension at them but they just held up. All the outside world or non hockey fan sees is barbaric rough stuff that's somehow tolerated when they see them on the highlights. Sucks because the sport itself is amazing, just run by morons.
    To be fair, it's not Bettman's fault entirely. He is the mouthpiece for the owners, and what they owners want has to be what he says they want. Unfortunately for the owners, they are the ones who have to make the concessions here, not the players. If the players are willing to move on a few financial issues as well as some rule and policy changes, the owners have to concede the rest of the bargaining for what the players want. Everything I hear suggests that the players aren't being overly demanding and think that the current CBA is fine the way it is with a few changes here and there, the owners basically want to do exactly what they did in the last CBA negotiations and overhaul everything.

It's obvious to me that the owners don't care about the players or the fans, which is the thing that pisses me off. And if they raise ticket prices again you can bet your ass I will start boycotting the league entirely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Shane Doan (six posts ago lol) if he signs by September 15th as he stated today, that means he is almost certainly leaving Phoenix. At this point the NHL won't be finishing a deal with Jamison prior to hammering out the CBA which is going to shape the future of that franchise with revenue sharing. Doan wants ownership in place to sign so theoretically it seems like he will be leaving.

Until he skips that deadline like he did the one in July and August.

Speaking of the Yotes, figured I'd go to Biz Journal to see if there has been any news at all on the Jamison bid. Well, the news is bad. You know that fun sales tax that Glendale wants to impose to pay for the lease agreement, the one that is reviled by most business owners in the city? Well the appeals court today ruled it should be a ballot measure in November and now Glendale will have to consider the petitions to see if the group has enough signatures to put it there which they did if enough are valid (they had over 4700 signatures at last count and needed only 1800 or so to get on the ballot). If sigs are valid and it hits the ballot, goodbye deal that funds the stupid arena lease agreement.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-25 at 01:26 AM.

Would anyone here that happens to play NHL 13 on Xbox be interested in a GM Connected league?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This was the only one I could get for cheap. Still looks good imo.

Also this is the worst jersey ever in the NHL.

Or these LOL.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-08-25 at 02:54 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good god, if you wore those jerseys you asked to to be slammed into the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    This was the only one I could get for cheap. Still looks good imo.

Also this is the worst jersey ever in the NHL.

Or these LOL.
    Those horrible alternates was banned by Mike Keenan when he was coaching/GM the Blues...Doing that and getting Pronger here was the only good things he did for this town...That was just a bad generation of jerseys in general. Though I do own a home jersey from that generation :/...

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    To be fair, it's not Bettman's fault entirely. He is the mouthpiece for the owners, and what they owners want has to be what he says they want. Unfortunately for the owners, they are the ones who have to make the concessions here, not the players. If the players are willing to move on a few financial issues as well as some rule and policy changes, the owners have to concede the rest of the bargaining for what the players want. Everything I hear suggests that the players aren't being overly demanding and think that the current CBA is fine the way it is with a few changes here and there, the owners basically want to do exactly what they did in the last CBA negotiations and overhaul everything.

It's obvious to me that the owners don't care about the players or the fans, which is the thing that pisses me off. And if they raise ticket prices again you can bet your ass I will start boycotting the league entirely.
    Rennadrel, you make very valid points but this will potentially be the 3rd lockout during Betmann's tenure. He's the common denominator in this situation. I think he deserves the large majority of the blame. This league is so close to being right...The last lockout turned out to be a good thing in the long run but this time it may very well ruin the sport. I'm definitely sided with the players on this one.

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 06:04 AM ----------

Also, conscript have you seen the old senators jerseys? The ugly ass ones with the red, black, and white horizontal stripes with the big "O" in the middle. Those hurt my eyes... I think it was during the original 6 era.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Kings have struggled a bit with the fugly sweaters

I wouldn't mind the old purple, or even the Raiders-Gretzky look

the crown jerseys are fine but the coat of arms look is pretty lame

the Mighty Ducks had some pretty awful looks back when they were Disney owned and the Canucks are unparalleled at looking horrible

edit - oh yea and the Boston ManBearPigs was pretty crappy too
    Last edited by draynay; 2012-08-28 at 02:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    when does hockey season start again?
    oh wait...lockout looming...
    don't worry...i'm not going through withdrawal or anything...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...

They're meeting again today and I imagine the NHL will have a new offer ready sometime this week. In any case, I've been saying it for a while, but expect to miss at least a few weeks, if not a couple months :x

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    when does hockey season start again?
    oh wait...lockout looming...
    don't worry...i'm not going through withdrawal or anything...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    must have hockey...
    Add a *drool* in there and we got something going. Maybe all of us fans should band together and invade the NHL headquarters in mindless "Must have hockey..." chants.

Aside from the winged wheel everything else in the signature is great :P -closet Pasha fan.
    Last edited by cauzt1cz; 2012-08-28 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Typo.

15+ Year Old Account
    At least NHL 13 comes out soonish.

Glendale is taking the sales tax measure to the Arizona Supreme Court as expected. The NHL and Glendale extended the current arena deal to the end of September an reportedly Glendale is now considering their options if the sales tax measure and therefore the Jamison ownership bid falls through.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 02:44 PM ----------

The new marketing slogan for the Columbus Blue Jackets is #DefendNWA no not the rap group, Northwest Arena. Wasn't that completely obvious to you? Oh ya, no, no it isn't. Phoenix advertises the players on the opposing team (http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|PHX|home is their advertising for the single game tickets. Hilarious. Coyotes is mentioned like two times), Columbus advertises their arena. Bad organizations are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if NHL 13 will have a commissioner mode where your goal is to have as many lockouts possible before getting fired.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 09:15 PM ----------

Also the #DefendNWA is just terrible. I googled NWA and after 17 pages, I gave up and never found a single reference to the arena.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither Fehr or Bettman would comment on the proposal in detail, but the NHL commissioner did say that there was "significant and meaningful movement" on the league's side involving core economic issues. He also noted that the sides are "not far apart on revenue sharing."
    Look out folks. There might not be a lockout after all! NHLPA is expected to make their counterproposal/response tomorrow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think Bettman, being the mediator in the negotiations, needs to put more pressure on the owners to reduce their demands. If he is supposed to represent both sides of the bargaining table, he needs to support the players more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, I think Bettman, being the mediator in the negotiations, needs to put more pressure on the owners to reduce their demands. If he is supposed to represent both sides of the bargaining table, he needs to support the players more
    Bettman only represents the owners, not in any way the players. He is basically a puppet with 30 arms (one of which is his own, hi Phoenix!) jammed up his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... Positive news? It must be fucking Christmas.