The owners piss me off with their tactics. Love the NHL saying today their most recent proposal is the best that they are willing to do, today. So why didn't this get presented to the NHLPA months ago so they could work off of it and not get locked out if the NHL knew specifically how low they were willing to go? Instead they just waited and didn't propose anything. It's like they wanted a lockout...
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-10-19 at 05:06 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    The owners piss me off with their tactics. Love the NHL saying today their most recent proposal is the best that they are willing to do, today. So why didn't this get presented to the NHLPA months ago so they could work off of it and not get locked out if the NHL knew specifically how low they were willing to go? Instead they just waited and didn't propose anything. It's like they wanted a lockout...

because Fehr is a moron..

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post

Because I don't think the owners had any intention of making that offer. Basically they were taking 90% of the blame for everything and it gave the players a bit of leverage because in most people's eyes the original offer was so ridiculous that everyone knew the players couldn't do anything with it. Now they toss this one out and public opinion has swayed heavily, and the players have lost that leverage. Most fans see the 50/50 split and most of the rest of the terms don't seem that bad, so now the opinion is that the owners may have caused the lockout, but the players are keeping it going.

I'm guessing nothing happens now until the players make a counter based on what the owners offered and had Fehr not been a nimrod that exactly what he would of done. Instead he comes back with 3 offers based from the players original offer and of course the owners were going to shoot them down. I can't really blame them either, they made a move to the middle, and the players did nothing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    because Fehr is a moron..
    How is he a moron exactly? Pretty sure it's his job the get the players a fair deal. So far, the league hasn't proposed anything worthy of being deemed as fair, and I doubt the PA would have put together 3 counter proposals to the last one the league gave if he didn't feel it wasn't even remotely fair. The league is attempting to low ball the players so badly it's almost criminal, the PA shouldn't stand for it because the players want fairness, why would Fehr honestly be any different then any other union head? Any union head who doesn't get the best deal possible from the contract negotiations is a moron, if the league truly believes that they put down their best offer that they could do a few days ago, then they might have to accept a counter proposal that has a few things modified. I don't believe for a second what Bettman said yesterday about the union and the players not speaking the same language, when clearly the proposal he put on the table was one that was workable for the players to the point where they made 3 counter proposals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How is he a moron exactly? Pretty sure it's his job the get the players a fair deal. So far, the league hasn't proposed anything worthy of being deemed as fair, and I doubt the PA would have put together 3 counter proposals to the last one the league gave if he didn't feel it wasn't even remotely fair. The league is attempting to low ball the players so badly it's almost criminal, the PA shouldn't stand for it because the players want fairness, why would Fehr honestly be any different then any other union head? Any union head who doesn't get the best deal possible from the contract negotiations is a moron, if the league truly believes that they put down their best offer that they could do a few days ago, then they might have to accept a counter proposal that has a few things modified. I don't believe for a second what Bettman said yesterday about the union and the players not speaking the same language, when clearly the proposal he put on the table was one that was workable for the players to the point where they made 3 counter proposals.
    If what I read was correct, what the owners were expecting was a counter proposal based from the offer they gave the players. What they got was 3 different proposals all based from the players original proposal. I thnk that why he made the comment that they were talking different languages. I think the owners knew the proposal wouldn't be accepted as is, but they were wanting to see the players version and when they didn't get it they said the heck with it. While I'm not really taking sides in the whole thing ( I think both sides are being stupid) I can't really blame the owners for being a bit pissed on that one.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

Nice video, hopefully it comes into fruition, I would love to see a team back in Quebec City.

Also, according to John Shannon of Rogers SportsNet, the Leafs and Canucks have a deal in principle for a trade that would send Luongo to Toronto. Methinks the reason Burke would make the deal would only be due to the fact that one of the tabled offers involves all current retirement contracts being paid out by the original team to sign them, which means that Toronto would have 5 years with Luongo's cap hit on the table and if he chooses to retire, the Canucks get stuck paying the remaining cap hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to Bill Daly, the NHL and NHLPA may or may not have the frameworks for the new CBA in place and be done in time to save an 82 game season. Then again, who knows. Maybe he is just trumping the NHLs deal up as closer to the end result than it actually is or is only talking about the 50/50 split.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said that last week and look what happened. Bill Daly just needs to shut his fucking pie hole until something gets done, same goes for Bettman. I don't want to hear any of their shit about how they think a deal will get done soon until it happens. The PA certainly isn't doing that, but then again maybe they are the realistic one's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Luongo to the Leafs may be done pending the end of the lockout. So grats Toronto?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Luongo to the Leafs may be done pending the end of the lockout. So grats Toronto?

I heard it was going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    I heard it was going to happen.
    I can't wait to hear what it is going to cost the Leafs. I hope the price is slightly too high so that you Leafs fans start getting your pitchforks out early to sharpen the tines.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gillis has denied it, however GM's are not allowed to discuss trade talks to anyone outside their phone calls between one another. Gillis and Burke could both deny it and it could still happen as soon as the CBA is signed. Not sure how I'd feel about that one though, Luongo needs an attitude check and he also needs to accept that this is Canada, people here are passionate about hockey. I think the Toronto media would be happy if he came here, it's another person to blame if the team fails but it also gives the team a considerably higher chance at competing in the playoffs. So much of the Luongo hate is somewhat unjustified, the guy has a career .919 and .916 Save % in the regular season and playoffs respectively over the course of his career in Vancouver, and he has a GAA of 2.53 and 2.52 between the regular season and the playoffs as well. He isn't a slouch goalie and so much of the hate from the last two years in the playoffs came because the team in front of him couldn't put pucks in the net when the games were close, and he has been shelled in a few post season games where the oppositions offense was so much better then Vancouver's at the time (Boston and Chicago for instance).

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 05:18 PM ----------

I can't wait to hear what it is going to cost the Leafs. I hope the price is slightly too high so that you Leafs fans start getting your pitchforks out early to sharpen the tines.
    The feeling around the Leafs boards is Bozak + Komisarek/Lombardi/Connolly and a goalie prospect like Rynnas or Owuya as well as a pick, most likely a 2nd round for Luongo and Edler. Toronto probably wants to get rid of some salary, Komisarek is on the last year of his deal and will be gone regardless, Connolly won't even make the team whenever the season starts as he will get beat out by younger and better players. Best scenario for the Leafs though is Connolly + Rynnas (who is coming into his own as a backup) and a 2nd round pick, since Bozak is a far better 3rd line centre then Connolly is.

Thank fuck for that. I hope you're not paying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post

The feeling around the Leafs boards is Bozak + Komisarek/Lombardi/Connolly and a goalie prospect like Rynnas or Owuya as well as a pick, most likely a 2nd round for Luongo and Edler. Toronto probably wants to get rid of some salary, Komisarek is on the last year of his deal and will be gone regardless, Connolly won't even make the team whenever the season starts as he will get beat out by younger and better players. Best scenario for the Leafs though is Connolly + Rynnas (who is coming into his own as a backup) and a 2nd round pick, since Bozak is a far better 3rd line centre then Connolly is.
    Maybe if Gillis is brain dead. Vancouver doesn't need a centerman or an injury prone d-man. What they need is a second/third line winger and a backup who can play 30ish games. Toronto can offer MacArthur and some picks, probably a first rounder.

I'll be boggled if Toronto can somehow dump terrible contracts on Vancouver.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Cool, I guess. Still need something decent to happen on the ice and not just in net though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Maybe if Gillis is brain dead. Vancouver doesn't need a centerman or an injury prone d-man. What they need is a second/third line winger and a backup who can play 30ish games. Toronto can offer MacArthur and some picks, probably a first rounder.

I'll be boggled if Toronto can somehow dump terrible contracts on Vancouver.
    Mac is a possibility, but Vancouver has to take back a salary dump in return for Toronto taking on the big Luongo contract, hence why I said Komisarek is a possibility as a salary dump due to this being the last year of his contract.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 08:45 PM ----------

my god...

10+ Year Old Account

[/COLOR]

my god...
    I don't know if its my eyes or my ears that hurt more...

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=[/video]

my god...
    And I thought I couldn't hate this meme anymore...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    And I thought I couldn't hate this meme anymore...
    I love Gangnam Style, but that was awful. Sometimes I hate the internet.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 10:40 AM ----------

Breaking News: Islanders moving to Brooklyn!

So does that cement Quebec as an expansion team or can we start rumormongering about another franchise now?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-24 at 02:44 PM.