Yeah, that vengeance doesn't look pretty, and a short suspension would be well-deserved. I still don't find it as dirty as stepping on someones calf(?) with your skates, though. But a suspension for sure!
    Not just the punch itself but the whole behaviour leading up to it, really instigating it

10+ Year Old Account
    intent is unimportant, the play was irresponsible, suspension for irresponsible play leading to injury is legitimate enough to me

I only saw some of the Red Wings game but they were pretty terrible, the first shorthanded goal with Kronwall just watching was ghastly

and I want Phoenix to stay put! that's one of the few easy travel games for the Kings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Fighting is good for the brand, dirty players are not. If a player did that crap to Crosby or Malkin, Pens management would be crying about how the perpetrator should be out of the league for good.
    FACT. Thus the reason I hate the Pens. In the words of John Tortorella the Pens are the "Biggest cry babies in the league".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that happened to Crosby, there would be an open investigation going on atm leading towards a conviction. I would say it was unintentional if it wasn't Cooke. Why the hell is his skate up that high. Maybe he wasn't trying to cut him but he looked like he was trying to slewfoot him and just fucked it up. Sucks for Ottawa though, they're fucked on defense without him plus he provides a ton of offensive production. Craig Anderson is gonna have to play even better than he is currently for them to make the playoffs.

edit: no disciplinary action from the NHL.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-14 at 09:41 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Don Cherry says "keep your stick on the ice" that should mean your skates too. I imagine he is going to have some bold words about it on Saturday night. This isn't the first incident where a player has been cut by a skate, but I wonder if Karlsson wasn't wearing the Kevlar leg covers that most players in the NHL wear. Kevlar is literally cut proof, and it's great for any working environment where a sharp blade could tear open your skin like a hot knife on butter, I am surprised the NHL doesn't make Kevlar material mandatory for all areas of the body that don't have some form of guarding. A lot of players are wearing the neck protectors, I see pretty much every kid in the OHL doing it after that one guy from the Kitchener Rangers got a blade across his throat a few years ago. If Karlsson wasn't wearing the Kevlar leg covers, then it is his own stupid fault that he got injured as much as it was Cooke's for having his leg up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Dion's hit on Semin

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol Joe Bowen: "Mikael Grabovski is firing blanks"

Dear Leafs, stop icing the puck, kthxbai

Terrible play by Kadri before.
    Ellis has been so lucky its been ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh.. garbo had 2 outs up the boards and passed the puck back and sure enough 1-0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Honestly, Cooke should get another suspension and be given a final warning that any further screw ups and he's out of the league permanently. Even if it was intentional; He knows he has skates on, he knows they're sharp, he knows he lifted it up in a kicking motion. Neil sucker punch was dirty too and he needs to be suspended as well IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiL...=youtube_gdata

Fighting is good for the brand, dirty players are not. If a player did that crap to Crosby or Malkin, Pens management would be crying about how the perpetrator should be out of the league for good.
    As a big big fan of Erik Karlsson and me being Swedish that wasnt even close to enough of what Cooke deserved. Cooke says he is feeling so bad cause of what happend... Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    As a big big fan of Erik Karlsson and me being Swedish that wasnt even close to enough of what Cooke deserved. Cooke says he is feeling so bad cause of what happend... Give me a break.
    Doesn't really matter what Cooke deserved, Neil's sucker punch was still dirty. League should have disciplined both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooke didn't do anything wrong.... when players go to pin others against the board that's exactly how it happens.. if anything.. these cheapskate millionaires should get the kevlar socks to prevent that stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so ive gotta ask.
    if Jimmy Howard is so dang good on teh shootout.

wy the hell does he suck so much ass on breakaways?
    You have to prepare for a possible rebound, in the shootout you don't.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Cooke didn't do anything wrong.... when players go to pin others against the board that's exactly how it happens.. if anything.. these cheapskate millionaires should get the kevlar socks to prevent that stuff
    There was no reason at all for him to lift his skate at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no reason at all for him to lift his skate at that point.
    He was using his knee to pin Karlsson against the board. Karlsson had lifted up Cooke's stick/arms not allowing him to apply pressure, which would of allowed Karlsson to get away easily. The apparent kicking motion, is his bringing his foot down, shocking that Cooke wants both his skates on the ice, right?

There is no reason for Cooke to do this, none. He gets one more big suspension, he is done in the NHL. He knows, his team knows this, we know this. The guy barely even fights any more.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    He was using his knee to pin Karlsson against the board. Karlsson had lifted up Cooke's stick/arms not allowing him to apply pressure, which would of allowed Karlsson to get away easily. The apparent kicking motion, is his bringing his foot down, shocking that Cooke wants both his skates on the ice, right?

There is no reason for Cooke to do this, none. He gets one more big suspension, he is done in the NHL. He knows, his team knows this, we know this. The guy barely even fights any more.
    Well if he has to lift his skate up like that just to pin him to the board then he is even a worse hockey player than I am

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if he has to lift his skate up like that just to pin him to the board then he is even a worse hockey player than I am
    Might want to watch an actual game then. It happens all the time. I was taught this when I was 12.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

I completely agree. The window to hurt a guy where Cooke did is super small. It would be tough to hit that spot intentionally let alone in the flow of play. I agree with people about the hypocrisy of the Pens in general, but I really don't think Cooke tried to cut Karlsson on purpose there. Its a fucking shame Karly is done for the year and had to have surgery to repair his tendon though.

Yeah, there was no intent to injure there. It sucks that it happened, and everyone wants someone to blame, but it was an accident. Whether or not Cooke really does feel bad about it, there was no way that was a purposeful attempt to injure, but was instead a split-second reaction to try and pin a player against the boards while not having his arms or stick available.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I completely agree. The window to hurt a guy where Cooke did is super small. It would be tough to hit that spot intentionally let alone in the flow of play. I agree with people about the hypocrisy of the Pens in general, but I really don't think Cooke tried to cut Karlsson on purpose there. Its a fucking shame Karly is done for the year and had to have surgery to repair his tendon though.

There's 0% chance he tried to injure Karlsson in the achilles that badly and Karlsson should have been wearing protective gear there; You have to be a really evil scumbag to do that intentionally to another human being (even a Sens player). However, Cooke still was negligent; He should have been keeping his leg on the ground and not swinging his foot wildly. It caused a serious injury that could have been career ending had it been slightly worse.