15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    thought you at least would like that.
    You know what I don't like? This fucking game. I missed a good chunk of it watching Michigan blow the Indiana game, but the parts I have seen have left me unimpressed. Is Columbus just super pumped to go out in their last year against Detroit as a division "rival" that they are just this amped for games?

You know what else I don't like? That powerplay the Wings just had (with around 3 minutes left in the second). Awful. Fucking awful McAwful. Kindl's blind backward pass to an uncovered point and about half a dozen other calamities. I also continue to hate every single Jackets uniform. Their alternate with the circular logo has like 47 colors on it. Their main jersey logo belongs on a Washington DC franchise, not fucking Columbus Ohio.

Things I do like: Prospal pulling the "Scoreboard, bitch" on Abs yesterday. Didn't see that when I was watching the game. Got a good chuckle out of that today.

5 on 3 for 2 fucking minutes. If the Wings don't do something here, just what the hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    i don't know what it is about columbus but Detriot always plays them like we don't even care that we are in teh game.

yeah that michigan game was awful.
    4 point lead with a minute left.

lets throw up a bunch of bricks and let indiana win k?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... we won both games on the road against MSU and UM this year because they missed their free throws down the stretch. Should have lost both, but I'll take it =)

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 06:36 PM ----------

Ok the talk of us falling apart is now warranted. 4-0 Edm in the 1st.

Holy shit there hasn't been a game this big in the NW division in a good 4-5years. Can't believe Canucks are doing this bad
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok the talk of us falling apart is now warranted. 4-0 Edm in the 1st.
    2 losses (possible) and it's our downfall? We're playing like shit, we really are. We're giving the Oilers this game just like we gave it to the Avs. It's amazing how fast I've seen all these so called Hawks fans turn their back so quickly on a team that was nearly undefeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit! It's okay though man, 4-0 is not exactly signed sealed delivered. We can still come back and win this game. Make better passes! Stop getting mesmerized by the puck? Bang bodies! Work harder! We are the better team, we can do it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 06:52 PM ----------

Inb4 Red Wings fans chirping about the Hawks losing to bad teams like COL and EDM. I'd just like to point out that last year Wings/Hawks series was 4-1-1 in favor of the Hawks and so far this year it's 2-0-0 in favor of the Hawks + Colombus is making Detroit their bitch like every single game lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    can someone please explain to me why Detroit has to play against Columbus like we don't even want to be there?

seriously, we got 2 points out of 10 against COLUMBUS this year. that should have been more like 7-8 points...

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Shit! It's okay though man, 4-0 is not exactly signed sealed delivered. We can still come back and win this game. Make better passes! Stop getting mesmerized by the puck? Bang bodies! Work harder! We are the better team, we can do it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 06:52 PM ----------

Inb4 Red Wings fans chirping about the Hawks losing to bad teams like COL and EDM. I'd just like to point out that last year Wings/Hawks series was 4-1-1 in favor of the Hawks and so far this year it's 2-0-0 in favor of the Hawks + Colombus is making Detroit their bitch like every single game lately.
    thats ok we still own the all time record by a total of: 398-313-84 about 85 games...
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-03-11 at 12:04 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    2 losses (possible) and it's our downfall? We're playing like shit, we really are. We're giving the Oilers this game just like we gave it to the Avs. It's amazing how fast I've seen all these so called Hawks fans turn their back so quickly on a team that was nearly undefeated.
    lol? Exactly why the talk is worth while. They are playing terribly in these past two games, you're an idiot if you think that is acceptable because of what they did in the previous 24 games. Just because you think everything is sunshines and rainbows doesn't mean you are "better" Hawk fan then everyone else.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a shitty 7 days for the Leafs. Pittsburgh yesterday, Winnipeg on Tuesday, Pittsburgh on Thursday and Winnipeg on Saturday. WTB some variety? I reckon the Leafs can snatch 3 wins this week though if they can shut down the Pens offensively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that Vancouver can only do streaks? We had a winning streak, put up a lot of points, then a losing streak, letting other teams catch up, then a brief few wins, and now another losing streak, with only a few ot spare points, and now Minnesota is in front of us. On the other hand, they were in front of us for a while last season, and I think they missed the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    lol? Exactly why the talk is worth while. They are playing terribly in these past two games, you're an idiot if you think that is acceptable because of what they did in the previous 24 games. Just because you think everything is sunshines and rainbows doesn't mean you are "better" Hawk fan then everyone else.
    Everybody knows you cant win them all...

The past 2 games they didn't show up for the full 60 minutes and the pk was piss poor, thats all there is to it, on to the next one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Everybody knows you cant win them all...

The past 2 games they didn't show up for the full 60 minutes and the pk was piss poor, thats all there is to it, on to the next one.
    Agreed, both goalies weren't very good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    What a shitty 7 days for the Leafs. Pittsburgh yesterday, Winnipeg on Tuesday, Pittsburgh on Thursday and Winnipeg on Saturday. WTB some variety? I reckon the Leafs can snatch 3 wins this week though if they can shut down the Pens offensively.
    We generally play well against the Penguins, just need to stop putting Phaneuf/Holzer on for as long as they are. Fraser/Franson should be given more time on the ice with how well they play.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if anyone has seen, the NHL.com contributors have voted on the top 8 Centers and Left Wings, I assume the other positions will be coming shortly. I always love looking at these types of things and you could see how everyone voted at the bottom:

Top 8 Centers

Top 8 LWs

With as good as Tavares has been this year I don't see how you can leave him out, but who do you take out? Kopitar?

10+ Year Old Account
    considering they had as much, if not more, written about Tavares than they did Kopitar there doesn't seem much point in tweaking it

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the pre-halfway mark surge the Caps had going is starting to stall, in a big way.

Lousy season is lousy, so far.

Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom way off their marks, and Mike Green hurt AGAIN which is par for the course... trade bait??

Pretty sure Ovie is never going to be the player he was

Therefore, very uncertain future for us Caps fans.
    Last edited by Vyreks; 2013-03-11 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't know if anyone has seen, the NHL.com contributors have voted on the top 8 Centers and Left Wings, I assume the other positions will be coming shortly. I always love looking at these types of things and you could see how everyone voted at the bottom:

Top 8 Centers

Top 8 LWs

With as good as Tavares has been this year I don't see how you can leave him out, but who do you take out? Kopitar?
    The fact that Joe Thornton didn't make it in the top 8 is kind of upsetting. Even if the Sharks aren't what they were at the start of this season, Big Joe has almost always been about as consistent as he can be (if you ignore playoffs I guess!) The only others on that list with over a 1pt/game average are Sid/Malkin/Stamkos at #1 2 and 3, the others aren't even close.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

According to a study taking account every statistical detail that a player does out on the ice, two analysts have decided that Alexander Steen is the best player in the NHL on even strength, or rather, perhaps the MVP.
    Now, I don't believe he's the best, not near but he's by far one of the most underrated who gets the least attention for what he does.

Also, I think Crosby's this season would've averaged 141 points á 82 games? I know, it doesn't work that way, but he's scored 140 points in his last 82 games.
    Remove all his goals this season and he'd still tie for 3rd overall.
    Which, I grudgingly admit, is pretty impressive.

Seems me deciding to "like the underdog Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" (refusing to recognise the new name) didn't pan out so well, as far as underdogs go. Since 1/3rd of the reason I went that route was because of Hampus Lindholm. Oh well, at least Fasth and Selänne are doing all right.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...almost-anybody

Yep... That link title is right. Panthers have completely given up on their season and are willing to trade anyone excluding Markstrom, Gudbranson, Shore and Huberdeau.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...almost-anybody

Yep... That link title is right. Panthers have completely given up on their season and are willing to trade anyone excluding Markstrom, Gudbranson, Shore and Huberdeau.
    question is, do they have anyone worth anything?