10+ Year Old Account
    Schneider will be in net at the start of Game 4.

Christ almighty Alain Vigneault. Christ. Almighty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Schneider will be in net at the start of Game 4.

Christ almighty Alain Vigneault. Christ. Almighty.
    fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck....
    I guess this is going to be the nail in the coffin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, his job is on the line, it's sink or swim. If Schneider gets lit up early, Vancouver will be looking for a new coach within 24 hours.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God Healy and Stock are just the 2 biggest fuckheads on the air. Should be interesting to see if the Canadiens can tie the series up or if they'll just get rolled again. I think Vignaut loses his job regardless because they're not coming back from 0-3. If your team can't score goals, it's the GM's fault. If your team can't stop goals, it's the coaches fault. Luongo has really been unfairly shit on and the snub isn't surprising. He declared Schneider as his #1 and he's sticking with it. Doesn't matter who plays, when they lose they'll be blamed regardless. I can't believe the story is still about Luo/Sch when any discussion about the Canucks should be why can't anyone score? Everyone has been just silent for the last 2 playoff series'.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck....
    I guess this is going to be the nail in the coffin.

as much as i love my sharks, i wouldn't stay too stressed. wait till the end of tonight's game before you blow a fuse.

we are talking about the biggest group of choke artists in the NHL. this is why i live a game to game life being a sharks fan during playoff hockey. never do i get my hopes up. ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    God Healy and Stock are just the 2 biggest fuckheads on the air. Should be interesting to see if the Canadiens can tie the series up or if they'll just get rolled again. I think Vignaut loses his job regardless because they're not coming back from 0-3. If your team can't score goals, it's the GM's fault. If your team can't stop goals, it's the coaches fault. Luongo has really been unfairly shit on and the snub isn't surprising. He declared Schneider as his #1 and he's sticking with it. Doesn't matter who plays, when they lose they'll be blamed regardless. I can't believe the story is still about Luo/Sch when any discussion about the Canucks should be why can't anyone score? Everyone has been just silent for the last 2 playoff series'.
    Because the debate about the lack of offense isn't a debate at all - it's an objective fact. It's not like we have another 1st line sitting on the bench and not getting any ice time. It will take more than a little bit of line shuffling to cure our offensive drought, and there's nothing we can do do about it during the playoffs except hope that some players step up with great individual efforts.

However, what we do have though is a backup who has played very well against the Sharks, not only in this series but historically as well, while our starter has been consistently beaten by them through the entire season. Yet, he is being benched because he's not "our guy".

Believe me, I want the goalie drama to die down as much as every other Vancouver fan, but starting Schneider tonight appears, according to the empirical evidence, to be the wrong choice if Alain Vigneault wants to try to do anything more than look to the future of the franchise post-2013 playoffs.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2013-05-07 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Crosby has to stop blocking shoots with his teeth. What a goal by strait.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2013-05-07 at 11:32 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't saying it's a debate it's just annoying how that's not ever the focus, the lack of offense. Because that is the problem, hands down that is the reason the Canucks are going to exit the first round in both opening rounds 2 years in a row. But it's always on the back burner, taking a backseat to the goalie situation. The media loves this pointless Luongo or Schneider discussion.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Canadiens are done for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Despite being a pens fan I gotta bet on Suter. He's been a workhorse this year and I think he's better defensively than either tang or subban. Letang was a major contributor for the pens, and his absence was very apparent on both the powerplay but also generating chances in the offensive zone from the blue line when he was out. However I'd probably argue that he wasn't even the best defenseman on the pens this year. Despite Letang's play though I still think Suter's better defensive play and more time on the ice takes it for him. I think Subban is the bottom of these three: Suter is better than him defensively, and Letang better offensively
    Chara deserves it more than any of them to be honest. You're up 1 goal, you have 45 seconds left to play, your goalie just saved the puck; You can have any player on the ice, just about anyone would take Chara. Never been a fan of this defensive award becoming an award for the defensive player with the most points.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're facing the best goalie in the league at this moment. Anderson is a complete beast and if Ottawa makes a run here, he can carry them to the East final imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    They're facing the best goalie in the league at this moment. Anderson is a complete beast and if Ottawa makes a run here, he can carry them to the East final imo.
    I'd say Elliot, Holtby, and Quick have been better than Anderson so far in the playoffs, but it's kind of early to judge. Anderson almost single handedly carried Colorado against the Sharks though, I recall from a couple years ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's just a complete wall right now, no rebounds no bad goals

If Nabakov could stop letting the Penguins score seconds after his team puts the puck in the net, it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    If Nabakov could stop letting the Penguins score seconds after his team puts the puck in the net, it would be great.
    Well the terrible change for the islanders didn't help nabby's cause

Chara deserves it more than any of them to be honest. You're up 1 goal, you have 45 seconds left to play, your goalie just saved the puck; You can have any player on the ice, just about anyone would take Chara. Never been a fan of this defensive award becoming an award for the defensive player with the most points.
    Any other year I'd agree with you 100%. But, honestly, he really didn't have a great season this year. Not up to standards set in past seasons at least. He just that he hasn't been as dominant this year as he has been in years past. But, you can say that about quite a few players on the Bruins for most of the season, so it may just be that the shortened season with games being played more frequently took its toll on him.

Wish granted. However, now he lets them in without NYI scoring first.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Wish granted. However, now he lets them in without NYI scoring first.
    ><
    /10char

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least the Islanders are giving Pittsburgh a run for their money. The last team to score a goal wins the game :P

Wow, weak goal by Fleury. Goes sprawling out to the side to look behind the net instead of just closing off the post there. Never should've even been a chance for the puck to go in the net.