10+ Year Old Account
    It feels like for the first time, the Rangers are doing everything right, but Howard is playing a great game in goal for Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zomg. A PP goal by the Rangers!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love Saturday hockey, <3 center ice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Zomg. A PP goal by the Rangers!
    ...and now let up a PP goal lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. That shit happens when Pyatt is allowed on the ice...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. That shit happens when Pyatt is allowed on the ice...
    It doesn't help when you're goalie playing his second NHL game ever has to face Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Alfredsson on the same PP line lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good game we got here in Toronto tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic comeback by the Devils. Scoring 2 goals in 20 seconds late in the third is pretty impressive against a hot Tuukka Rask and an otherwise solid defense.
    Bill Shankly
    Herb Brooks

Epic comeback by the Devils. Scoring 2 goals in 20 seconds late in the third is pretty impressive against a hot Tuukka Rask and an otherwise solid defense.
    yea we played shitty tonight 4 power play goals against thats unheard of for a Bruins team

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    yea we played shitty tonight 4 power play goals against thats unheard of for a Bruins team
    Was there a penalty between the 3rd and 4th goal that were 23 seconds apart? I know the 3rd goal was a PP goal, but how was the 4th? I don't see a penalty in the box score to let the 4th be a PP goal.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see it was a 5-3 on the 3rd goal and 5-4 for the 4th lol
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-10-27 at 02:14 AM.

Rangers, Flyers, Devils all win. World is ending.

- - - Updated - - -

So Yakupov has 2 points in 10 games averaging 16 minutes of ice time per game. There have been rumblings (since he got healthy scratched twice) he may be on his way out if the offer is sweet enough.

What is this "consecutive wins" thing? I thought you could only win one game a month.

Also, Vincent Lecavalier hat trick. I said it was a good signing. Cheaper than Briere with more talent.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vinny has not been consistently healthy the last few years and his production has dropped off since they won the cup in Tampa. If he can be a 25-35 goal guy again, the Flyers could be a hard team to play against when Giroux and Hartnell are healthy. Their defense needs to stop sucking so much dick though.

10+ Year Old Account
    the ducks PP is so awful, yet still 9-3, go ANA
    Last edited by vickvinegar; 2013-10-28 at 12:36 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Matt Moulson and 1st round 2014 + 2nd round 2015 for Thomas Vanek. Don't know quite what to think about that. At first look it seems the Islanders got trade raped but you never know, Vanek hasn't really had top tier linemates like he'll have with Tavaras.

Agreed, Zeoni... Vanek hasn't had the opportunity to play beside a beast like Tavares. IMO, Moulson was never really *that* good, and was also a direct result of playing with Tavares. However, I think the Isles are going all-in too early here. They still have questions in net and on D - why trade away a first and a second for a guy who isn't going to help you in any way defensively?

Honestly, if this trade was something like Miller+Vanek for Moulson+Okposo+1st+2nd, I could maybe understand... but just for Vanek seems like overpaying.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanek isn't even that good offensively. Players like him can be groomed through a good development system and drafted from rather easy positions in the first two rounds. Not to mention he sucks defensively. The Islanders still aren't good enough to be a playoff team and still need a good couple of years developing their defense before they get serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Vanek isn't even that good offensively. Players like him can be groomed through a good development system and drafted from rather easy positions in the first two rounds. Not to mention he sucks defensively. The Islanders still aren't good enough to be a playoff team and still need a good couple of years developing their defense before they get serious.
    In the metro division right now they're easily the third playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    In the metro division right now they're easily the third playoff team.
    11 games in and they've given up 36 goals. The Islanders and Red Wings are the only 2 teams in the league right now in playoff spots with minus goal differentials.

The important thing isn't that they make or don't make the playoffs... it's that they're already starting to mortgage their future when they aren't in any position to make a legitimate Cup run.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now the Isles need a goalie. Would be funny if they worked out another trade with Buffalo for Miller shortly after this one.