Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Thornton and Marleau stripped of the C & A because after losing to LA management went stupid.
    Well, tbh if the C & A can't motivate you and your team keeps choking you have to do something. I am not suprised about this, not sure who would be a better fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Thornton and Marleau stripped of the C & A because after losing to LA management went stupid.
    Tomas Hertl will be C and A!

In seriousness, this is fucky. I have no idea who else would, Pavelski and Burns maybe? Vlasic?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're probably trying to decide between Brown & Scott since they love those guys so much.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just over a month until the season starts!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Bell's upper management must be furious, Rogers Sportsnet bought the broadcasting rights to all the Habs games for the next 3 years. TSN and RDS will have zero hockey content now as RDS was the exclusive French broadcaster.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's soon time to make a new thread!

EDIT: Or wait, is this thread going to be renamed for the new season?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Man, Bell's upper management must be furious
    Then maybe they can empathize with those of us who have called in to Bell India "Canada" for support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I guess it's soon time to make a new thread!

EDIT: Or wait, is this thread going to be renamed for the new season?
    This one usually just gets renamed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Krejci signs for 7.1m apparently, 6 years. Great deal for one of the most underrated players in the league.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some Finnish news; Ville Leino is participating in Boston Bruins' tryout camp.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Karlsson 6th

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How in the world did the one guy vote Giordano above Keith, Subban, or Pietrangelo? Admittedly I didn't watch all that many Calgary games last year, but that just seems bonkers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    How in the world did the one guy vote Giordano above Keith, Subban, or Pietrangelo? Admittedly I didn't watch all that many Calgary games last year, but that just seems bonkers.
    Overrating players after they have a good season isn't anything new. Guy was just trying to be different since top 5 should be pretty universal. I can see him being better than Subban overall. Obviously not offensively but he more than makes up for that defensively. Gio has incredible corsi numbers for being on such a shit team too, if you put any of those 3 on the Flames they may not do as well as him tbh. Hypotheticals are dumb and all for that type of situation but that's just what I think (HOMER OPINION LOL) Arpon Basu the guy who has him 4th best is probably one of those advanced stats lover boys, I've never even heard of him so I'll assume he's irrelevant especially since hes writing for NHL.com. But it's good to see our captain get some sort of recognition, if he keeps the pace this year expect more of the same from people who cover hockey.

His numbers are comparable to Pietrangelo and Subban even with 17/18 games less played than them. Points aren't everything for D men but it says something when the BEST part of Subban's game is his offense and he only has 6 more points than Gio on a much better team with many more tools around him.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-09-05 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You should see his Best Right Winger list.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...id=DL|NHL|home

For top 14 centres he didn't even rank Datsyuk.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-09-05 at 06:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leafs GM talking about Kontiola:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...t-nhl-success/

“This is one of the more motivated people I’ve ever seen,” said Leafs general manager Dave Nonis. “He spent close to half a million dollars of his own money to get out of a contract to come over here and play. Not a lot of guys would do that.”

“This isn’t a guy that we’ve got pencilled in on the first line or the fourth line,” said Nonis. “He’s got the skill set that he can play multiple positions. If we need a guy to play in the top-6, would he fit into that position? Yes, there’s no reason not to think that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally believe that Nonis has no idea what he is doing most of the time. He just bumbles through life, it would be like Rob Ford running the Leafs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I generally believe that Nonis has no idea what he is doing most of the time. He just bumbles through life, it would be like Rob Ford running the Leafs.
    I wish we had a crack addict running the team for the last decade; we might have ended up with a first overall pick. Right now our only chance of competing for the cup is if Reilly becomes the next Bobby Orr.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    We shall see. Gardiner could have a breakout season and Reilly can't be any worse then he was last season. I give both kids some slack but Phaneuf better earn that fucking contract. Overall the team has some more experience on the blue line, Robidas is a solid addition and he can help the young kids along. Komarov is the missing piece I think, he will be a catalyst if they want to win. The guy to watch out for will be Kadri, if he can elevate his game, he will be dangerous. He is so good with the puck and his shot is one of his best attributes, hopefully Lupul can play 82 games and Booth can stay healthy, that might be a pretty lethal second line if so. And one still has to wonder just how much better Kessel can get. He has proven he is an elite player, if he plays better defensively, he will just continue to prove all the haters wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that we hate Kessel, it's that the Leafs gave up so much for him. And the team really hasn't gone anywhere, so he really wasn't worth the price they paid for him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It's not that we hate Kessel, it's that the Leafs gave up so much for him. And the team really hasn't gone anywhere, so he really wasn't worth the price they paid for him.
    tyler seguin dougie Hamilton jared knight for phil is basically what they gave up. The last 2 guys may have been different if the leafs ended up keeping those picks and selecting their own players (seguin was concensus #1b pick of that draft). Its not absolutely horrible, Kessel is amazing and Seguin may have turned out differently as a Leaf. Kessel was also coming off a 36 goals season anf looked to be on the upswing. Looking back I probably would have done that trade, draft picks aren't a surefire thing and Kessel looked to be.

But logically you probably dont want you burn that second 2nd rounder if you make that trade again. In hindsight having Tyler Seguin and even just Dougie Hamilton is better than just Phil Kessel but not by as big a margin as Leaf haters make it out to be.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-09-08 at 11:02 PM.