10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucen View Post
    Game should never have even gotten to O.T.. The inconsistency of the refereeing throughout this game was atrocious though.
    Shouldn't have gotten to OT, and even though it had, Rangers should have been on a PP for a Delay of Game at that point. But no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Looked more like a shoulder on shoulder from an awkward angle more than an elbow to the head imo. Hank oversold it, it was a penalty from the getgo. Surprising to me that a goalie can't take a hit but pops back up just fine once Carter is safely in the penalty box.

What a series so far, we've been blessed these playoffs I'd say. It ain't over till both teams have played at home, New York could just as well win 2 in a row in their own barn and I hope they do. They've proved they can compete with the Kings but just like everyone else, can't keep them down for the count. Both goalies played great and made a ton of clutch saves in those OT's despite letting in 4 in reg.
    Sold it? Hank shouldn't have been touched, so he wasn't expecting it. There is nothing to sell, so no idea why you think he would be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to blame the refs when your team chokes a 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 leads though. Delay of game at the end is a tough break but they easily could have ended it on that atrocious call on Williams via Nash dive. Goes both ways, you just got fucked a bit tonight.

I'm talking when he was laying on the fucking ice as if he was injured. I said it was a penalty from the getgo.

New York could easily be up 2-0 in this series...gotta sting. At least they're going back home now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to blame the refs when your team chokes a 2-0, 3-1, 4-2 leads though. Delay of game at the end is a tough break but they easily could have ended it on that atrocious call on Williams via Nash dive. Goes both ways, you just got fucked a bit tonight.
    If it were just tonight, I wouldn't be as pissed. The Rangers have been punished by poor refereeing the entire playoffs and this is just the latest. Normally I am not one to go to the refs for blame, but it has gotten to a point where at least twice in a single game, calls weren't made that led to Kings goals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    If it were just tonight, I wouldn't be as pissed. The Rangers have been punished by poor refereeing the entire playoffs and this is just the latest. Normally I am not one to go to the refs for blame, but it has gotten to a point where at least twice in a single game, calls weren't made that led to Kings goals.
    Yeah trust me I know how that goes. 2004 still strong in every Flames fans hearts. Tough breaks, hopefully they crawl back into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    New York could easily be up 2-0 in this series...gotta sting. At least they're going back home now.
    See, the first game the Rangers deserved to lose after that 3rd period performance. But tonight, they were directly fucked by officiating.

Hey, at least they got to the finals. There's no shame in losing to a better team.

Yeah trust me I know how that goes. 2004 still strong in every Flames fans hearts. Tough breaks, hopefully they crawl back into it.
    The difference is, Calgary technically won the Cup, but no one saw it :x

/hugs Reg

The refs have been shit, but to be fair, they have been shit the whole playoffs and not just against one team. I am many beers in and typing this coherently has taken too long.

You say that, but all I can see was the hilarious dive by Nash (I think) in the OT during the LA powerplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked more like a shoulder on shoulder from an awkward angle more than an elbow to the head imo. Hank oversold it, it was a penalty from the getgo. Surprising to me that a goalie can't take a hit but pops back up just fine once Carter is safely in the penalty box.
    all this, it was not an elbow to the head, he tried to make it look like it was when it was just some incidental contact but at speed enough for them to call the penalty, but if Lundqvist didn't drop like a truck hit him would they have called it? I guess the problem is the refs are so bad people have to clown around to get them to do anything

of course Quick does it sometimes too, every goalie does it

Even if he is acting like he's more injured than he really is, it doesn't affect anything.
    He had a disappointing performance tonight though, let in a couple stinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of reminds me of game 6 against SJ, except that SJ rolled over and died when they got a bad break and the Rangers held tough. Still a lot of hockey left, the way the Kings have played this year I feel like they're never out of a game, even league rules and common sense can't stop them... At the same time I don't feel safe with any lead after they nearly blew 2-0 over Anaheim and 3-1 over Chicago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like no character is safe from being killed off in Game of Thrones, so is no lead safe from being tied during this year's playoffs.

As a Kings fan I'm loving what I'm seeing, but it's not over until the last second has ticked away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    The difference is, Calgary technically won the Cup, but no one saw it :x
    WHAT DO U MEAN! Technically! We won the cup our name is on it right? right guys? ;(

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxlEJMBKFZc

Especially Lundqvist dive in OT was spectacular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxlEJMBKFZc

Especially Lundqvist dive in OT was spectacular.
    Nash I will give you because it really just looks like he lost his balance, but either way it's a penalty for hitting Lundqvist. And the only part Hank embellished was staying down after, you can see he was hit hard enough to be knocked down by the way his head snaps. You can't fake that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nash tried to jump on Williams back

as for Henrik, he saw Carter coming, leaned his way and sold it, he's a goalie, its what goalies do, I got no problem with any of that

the classless part was grabbing his head as if he had been hit up high when he hadn't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Nash tried to jump on Williams back

as for Henrik, he saw Carter coming, leaned his way and sold it, he's a goalie, its what goalies do, I got no problem with any of that

the classless part was grabbing his head as if he had been hit up high when he hadn't
    And I say bullshit that Hank dove. He isn't the type, mostly because he stays tethered to his net. He was in an awkward position and got hit in the back. Staying down to sell it, yes. But it didn't matter either way.

And watching the video again, Williams changed lanes to get in front of Nash, so I'm saying good call there too. Borderline call? Sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    And watching the video again, Williams changed lanes to get in front of Nash, so I'm saying good call there too. Borderline call? Sure.
    I hated that particular call because they would've called nothing if Nash had not flopped all over the place, and because they called those penalties like crazy right after the lockout and it reminded me of those dread days when looking at another player got a penalty call. These days they've forgotten what "Holding" is and don't do anything unless a dive tells them they should.

The gamesmanship is driving me up the walls this postseason, and it is hard to blame the players when the refs keep falling for it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I say bullshit that Hank dove. He isn't the type, mostly because he stays tethered to his net. He was in an awkward position and got hit in the back. Staying down to sell it, yes. But it didn't matter either way.

"good call" wat. Didn't know 6'4" 210 lbs flops on the ice when barely touched by 6'1" 190 lbs

Hank was just doing what every goalie does when they get hit. Overreaction to the maximum for no reason at all, it was going to be a penalty 7 days of the week lol. At least it wasn't Mike Smith bad.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-06-09 at 02:17 AM.