10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    lol good effort with that back checking Nash!
    He Ovechkin'd it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    poke check didnt work so he gave up, obv nash plays nhl easports.

Shitfuck I forgot to set my DVR to record the Flames/Caps game...motherfucker.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeee boyeee. I know they can't keep this up but it's fun to pretend for now that we're for real, fuckin beauty season so far.

So glad I caught the last period and OT of that game. It was dodgy as shit early on and like always my butthole puckers up when we get stuck in our own zone, but holy shit if we don't have some players with some scoring chops right now.

Fucking 3rd in the league right now. Which is somewhat deceptive cuz of the GP...but still. I'm going to enjoy it before the inevitable 2nd half crumble.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    So boring when Sharks has like 1 week without any games

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a great win for CC in front of his hometown. Should be a much needed morale boost after a week of garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    The Rangers had a schedule like that. They played like 2 or 3 games in an 11 day period. It was very odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    The Rangers had a schedule like that. They played like 2 or 3 games in an 11 day period. It was very odd.
    I don't get it. We had our last game Saturday. And our next game is in 4 days...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    The NBA is bad for that shit too. The Raptors went like 5 days between their home opener and their second game which was in Miami, and played their third last night.

Well we showed just what happens when your PP stinks and your PK is even worse against Winnipeg last night, God they are both so bad. Right now if you want to beat Nashville just put us on the PP, we can't even get it into the zone 75% of the time and odds are your team will have more chances than ours will. PK actually gave up a goal in less than 20 seconds, sad.

Only good thing about the game was Forsberg keeps it going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    This is why its always harder for me to get into things during the season.

Do the Kings play tonight? Nope, when do they play next? 5 days from now? I will probably forget by then...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a Californian hockey fan to me

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 yr extension for MAF

Deleted
    Not convinced that that is a smart move. Let the guy have one bad playoff game and Pittsburgh is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Not convinced that that is a smart move. Let the guy have one bad playoff game and Pittsburgh is on fire.
    Compared to other goalies, his cap hit puts him around 13th-15th in the league, which is where he is statistically. The Pens don't have a prospect that will be ready in the next 2-3 years, and given the cap hits from everyone else they cannot afford to sign anyone much better. He's also well liked in the locker room despite his playoff issues.

So while 4 years is a bit long, he didn't get a significant raise (and if the cap keeps increasing his % cap hit will be lower than it is now). It's not ideal, but there aren't a lot of other options that wouldn't make the pen's cap situation worse than it already is

Deleted
    I'm not even saying he has playoff issues, small sample size and he already has a cup ring. But you know how the media likes to spin it, Fleury has the playoff choker label firmly put on him by now. Give him one series (preferrably against the Flyers) where he struggles and they will crucify Rutherford. I'm not saying Fleury isn't worth the term or the money, I'm saying media-wise that could totally come and bite Pittsburgh in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is weird to think that Fleury is the active leader in playoff wins, unless the Ducks get desperate enough to sign Brodeur.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    I'm not even saying he has playoff issues, small sample size and he already has a cup ring. But you know how the media likes to spin it, Fleury has the playoff choker label firmly put on him by now. Give him one series (preferrably against the Flyers) where he struggles and they will crucify Rutherford. I'm not saying Fleury isn't worth the term or the money, I'm saying media-wise that could totally come and bite Pittsburgh in the ass.
    Oh I get you. Yes, definitely. I also cannot imagine the steaming hot takes on Pittsburgh radio right now.

Deleted
    The thing is - they didn't need to roll with Fleury if they didn't want to. It might have cost them an asset or two but if they tried I absolutely think that they could have gotten Reimer who is younger, cheaper, dissatisfied with his role in Toronto and has a decent looking statline. He has a lot fewer career games but his regular season sv% is a bit better than Fleury's. Also Toronto is not a divisional rival and Reimer is on a short bridge contract so I can't really imagine their asking price being through the roof.

I'm really looking forward to the spring to see how that plays out. It's pretty much cup-or-bust now for the Pens. If Fleury's game starts to drop again come playoff time I'm not sure if Greiss will be able to bail him out like Vokoun did two years ago. And then the media and the fans will be out for Rutherford's head.