Some high scoring games tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Some high scoring games tonight.
    Kings - Preds was nuts.

Quick chased after 3 goals on 9 shots.
    Rinne gives up 6
    Both teams combine to score 13 goals
    LA scores 3 goals in under 2 minutes to get it to OT
    Preds silence the place 18 seconds into and the first shot of OT.

After watching these two teams play more 1-0 games than I care to remember, this one was crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Kings - Preds was nuts.

Rinne gives up 6

After watching these two teams play more 1-0 games than I care to remember, this one was crazy.
    Absolutely. I still can't figure out if I should be happy for the two points or pissed at blowing a 5-1 lead. Mixed feelings here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reg knows the pain. The Rangers blew a 5-0 lead on the Habs a few years back and lost in the shoot out. Greatest come back for my team. Not so much for Reg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Reg knows the pain. The Rangers blew a 5-0 lead on the Habs a few years back and lost in the shoot out. Greatest come back for my team. Not so much for Reg.
    Not even the worse blown loss for the Rangers lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Kings - Preds was nuts.

Rinne gives up 6

Nashville had an interesting trip out here, hopefully it is something we'll get to see again in the postseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs fire Carlyle

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well he made it about a month longer than I expected. Alright Leafs fans... who ya want?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Well he made it about a month longer than I expected. Alright Leafs fans... who ya want?
    Just my 2 cents but does it matter? They have an okay team that will score a lot of goals but give up just as many. To me I think they need a few roster changes and then they can talk about bringing in a coach.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Mike Babcock? There isn't a good coach available. They should get Dallas Eakins in as an assistant though, he was good for the organization.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tsn.ca/video/kessel-you-t...fault-1.176130

Fucking love Phil lmao. Dave Feschuk is such an awful reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Mike Babcock? There isn't a good coach available. They should get Dallas Eakins in as an assistant though, he was good for the organization.
    Babcock is interesting simply because there were rumours several months ago. I am not sure if that was driven by the Leafs or the media/fans but it's strange to see rumours about a coach that is currently coaching another team. And honestly why would you coach a worse team and all the drama that surrounds them.

Dallas is also interesting as some thought he was the perfect coach for Edmonton's young players. Once again was that his fault or the players. *Shrug*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

Wait Toronto has good reporters? I'm kidding!!!!!! I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll coach the Leafs, I can't be any worse than the last 20 guys.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post

Feschuck got what was coming to him, if it were me, I would have taken whatever he was using to record audio and thrown it against the wall of the locker room and the proceeded to give him a verbal ass kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'll coach the Leafs, I can't be any worse than the last 20 guys.
    Insulting the memories of Pat Burns and Pat Quinn? How dare you! They haven't had a coach as good as either of them since they both coached in Toronto, that is how long it's been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Babcock is interesting simply because there were rumours several months ago. I am not sure if that was driven by the Leafs or the media/fans but it's strange to see rumours about a coach that is currently coaching another team. And honestly why would you coach a worse team and all the drama that surrounds them.

Dallas is also interesting as some thought he was the perfect coach for Edmonton's young players. Once again was that his fault or the players. *Shrug*.
    The difference is that most of Toronto's core are in their late 20's now, they aren't a bunch of overhyped kids fresh out of the draft who have had their ego's inflated to epic proportions.

Other than someone who just doesn't have a job and desperately wants one, I don't know why you would want to go to Toronto. If they sign bad contracts with players, or the players apparently don't give a crap about playing half the time, the coach is going to be gone in two years or less. That entire organization, much like Edmonton ( although not as bad) needs a complete culture change.

More resources than any team in the league. One of the biggest names in the league. Can't hire GM's/Coaches/Players that can do it right.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle22324810/

Just another glimpse for those who don't know how retarded the media is in Toronto. Kessel didn't look SAD enough so fucking trade him. Yeah good luck trading that contract with a player who can only score and coulden't find the defensive part of the rink if he had GPS. Don't get me wrong, I think Phil is a fantastic offensive talent but what you're going to get for him isn't even close to what he's worth simply because of that contract. 7 more years of 8m? cap hit for a player who can be lazy at times. 29 other teams would probably love to have him but 29 other teams aren't going to give up a first round pick plus a blue chip prospect and a roster player who isn't a plug. I don't think they need to trade him either unless he's actually causing problems in the locker room which not many of us are going to hear about. I would entertain offers to see if you can sucker someone maybe but the Leafs don't exactly have the leverage in a trade involving Kessel.

I'm sure the Oilers would take him lol.

Also, Mikael Backlund back in the lineup tonight!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm sure the Oilers would take him lol.

Also, Mikael Backlund back in the lineup tonight!
    Honestly, if there is a trade to be made, it's a blue liner on the roster, particularly Gardiner and a prospect like Nylander for their first round pick, since it's most likely going to be the first overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very surprised to hear Melrose saying the Rangers are the best team in the East and expects another Cup run. He usually never praises them.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could say something mean about 'Best in the East' and relate the Eastern Conference to the WNBA, Junior Varsity, or AAA baseball, but... nah :P

Where's all the 'Nuckleheads? Teams back in contention and Bobby Lu comes back tonight! I wish I could watch that game : l