Ya, I wasn't listing their lines, just kind of getting their depth by position in there. Like those pairings - I imagine I'm way off base on those. As for Reinhart, I'm pretty sure he's not going to amount to more than a decent 4-6 guy, but not even an ideal guy for those positions. The only Reinhart that seems to be worth a damn right now is in Buffalo... I think? All of them seem to be highly touted, then never really get far in their development. To be fair, Griffin is 21, so for a defenseman, he still has time... but from all I've seen, he's not going to pan out, especially for a #4 overall. I'd actually argue that all the way down to #11 in that draft (2012), everyone has developed faster than him. Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk all went before him, with Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba, Pouliot, Trouba, Koekkoek, Forsberg after him. That first round produced some damn good, young players, actually.

This is all I'm going to talk about for the next few years, by the way (prospects and other teams). Love my Leafs, but fuck is it ever going to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Ya, I wasn't listing their lines, just kind of getting their depth by position in there. Like those pairings - I imagine I'm way off base on those. As for Reinhart, I'm pretty sure he's not going to amount to more than a decent 4-6 guy, but not even an ideal guy for those positions. The only Reinhart that seems to be worth a damn right now is in Buffalo... I think? All of them seem to be highly touted, then never really get far in their development. To be fair, Griffin is 21, so for a defenseman, he still has time... but from all I've seen, he's not going to pan out, especially for a #4 overall. I'd actually argue that all the way down to #11 in that draft (2012), everyone has developed faster than him. Yakupov, Murray, Galchenyuk all went before him, with Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba, Pouliot, Trouba, Koekkoek, Forsberg after him. That first round produced some damn good, young players, actually.

This is all I'm going to talk about for the next few years, by the way (prospects and other teams). Love my Leafs, but fuck is it ever going to hurt.
    At least you will be bad for a reason and there is hope for the future. Far better than stinking and the future doesn't look ton better.

Leafs signed Kadri for 1 year 4.1M. People are freaking out about what a terrible idea it is. He gets 4.1M to stay with the team near his home, prove that he's capable of being a #1C, and knock it off with the behavioral issues that seem to come up now and then. Still an RFA after the contract (though that will be his last RFA year). This way they can keep him for the year, figure out if they want him (they being Babcock above all, I'm guessing). If they do, I'm sure they have on problem signing a #1C to 6-7 years for 6-7M. If they don't, they trade him at the deadline because everyone needs depth down the middle come playoffs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good little bridge deal but I don't think he's a #1 Centerman. I imagine he'll get time up there on the top line but jeez what wingers do you put him with so you're not setting him up to fail? I think Marner is still a year or two away and Nylander will probably spend another year in the A I'd imagine. So many holes to be filled on that Maple Leafs lineup, trust in Babcock? I could see Kadri either doing extremely well in his system or just floundering. I don't think he has to prove he's a #1C either, he just has to prove he can contribute at an NHL level that justifies resigning him after this season.

Ya, they're going the Detriot route (keep prospects in the minors until they're 22 or stupid good and hard to overlook) I believe. He's definitely better than a Bozak, but I agree he is suited probably to a 2C role. Right now, I would easily put Parenteau on his right side, with Lupul or JVR on his left. Probably Lupul - more responsible in his own end than JVR by miles, and plays a hard-nosed game... despite being made of tinfoil. That line would drive really good possession (Kadri alone usually improves possession for guys on his line), because they're all pretty good 2-way players. Kadri is actually surprisingly good in his own end - you can tell he's been working hard on it over the years. Either way, rumor has it Bozak is all but gone (please yes), so he's probably going to be forced into that role.

- - - Updated - - -

Was contemplating mentioning that I think the Leafs should sign Booth, but Matthias is just as good. I actually liked Booth's game the last half of the season. He was one of the few who didn't step off the cliff with the tank. That makes 4 players I could see being gone by March, for picks or prospects or whatever. I dig it. Also, I think Colton Orr is hanging them up. I know he wasn't exactly skilled at all, but goddamn if that guy didn't bleed (literally) for every team he played for. Gave it his all every shift and is probably going to have a sad life ahead of him from brain injuries. I pity and respect the man.

I think that is the worst part of the whole thing, knowing certain guys are going to have some problems on down the road due to the nature of the game. Really would be nice for the league to keep an eye on them and then step up when things start going south.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Steve Montadors death. Carcillo and a lot of Montadors friends are working with the NHLPA on an exit program for people who have had concussions. Which will mean they will have to attend a psychologist regularly. McClennan from Leafs Lunch was talking about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    With Steve Montadors death. Carcillo and a lot of Montadors friends are working with the NHLPA on an exit program for people who have had concussions. Which will mean they will have to attend a psychologist regularly. McClennan from Leafs Lunch was talking about this.
    Good something needs to be done. I know these guys now know what they are getting into playing in the NHL, but that doesn't make it right in my mind for them to just be left hung out there. Most of them are doing what they are asked to do or expected to do, only right that the NHL should help them in return.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Good something needs to be done. I know these guys now know what they are getting into playing in the NHL, but that doesn't make it right in my mind for them to just be left hung out there. Most of them are doing what they are asked to do or expected to do, only right that the NHL should help them in return.
    Thankfully there have been far less concussions and severe injuries the last couple of seasons

- - - Updated - - -

Blues extend Tarasenko for 8 years $60 million.

Season seems so far away, I can't handle all these baseball highlights on sportscenter...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Season seems so far away, I can't handle all these baseball highlights on sportscenter...
    Dev camp this week son!

I just wish we could get Wilson and Smith signed before arbitration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Dev camp this week son!
    Jets prospect camp was awesome to see. Our team is going to be scary next year for sure.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Not bothering me, I have been a Jays fan since I was in diapers and fondly remember their World Series wins. I care more about them then I do the Leafs, and I have 29 years of watching Jays games to say so. I didn't really get into hockey until about 15 years ago.

I feel like Tarasenko is going to quickly prove he's worth more than 7.5M a year. Or go the Semin route and just mail it in since he's getting paid. If he keeps going up at the rate he has been he will pop 50 in a couple years.

So Sharp and Johns for Daley and Garbut. Chicago saves like 800k in cap space and sends him to a team in the division. I just don't know about this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    So Sharp and Johns for Daley and Garbut. Chicago saves like 800k in cap space and sends him to a team in the division. I just don't know about this one.
    Must have been the best offer they had.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I feel like Tarasenko is going to quickly prove he's worth more than 7.5M a year. Or go the Semin route and just mail it in since he's getting paid. If he keeps going up at the rate he has been he will pop 50 in a couple years.
    Lifelong Blues fan here ---

Tarasenko wants the cup. Bad.

He could've made far more money staying in Russia rather than taking the league-max 3-year ELC he did. Shit, SKA apparently offered him $11 million US after his ELC with us expired.

The first thing he said to our GM is "what are you going to do to bring the cup here?" He wanted assurances that we were going to make the right moves, trim the cancer, and get over the hump.

This guy's the future of my team and I couldn't be more excited.
    Last edited by Dirgon; 2015-07-13 at 07:37 AM.

STL was my pick to win it this last year, since I had hoped they were learning how to be a playoff team. But, I was wrong. 2 first round exits in a row, and a second round exit before those.

Goaltending?

Coaching??
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick for next year, Habs-Jets finals again. With how some teams are going in the East, the Habs will fight Tampa for 1st overall. The West will have the Ducks be the top seed again. After that I am not sure.

Eastern Conference:
    Atlantic:
    Canadiens
    Bolts
    Senators

Metro:
    Islanders
    Capitals
    Columbus

East WC:
    Rangers
    Panthers

Western Conference:
    Central:
    Wild
    Jets
    Stars

Pacific:
    Ducks
    Flames
    Kings

Western WC:
    Blackhawks
    Predators

I'll start off with the East. Red Wings won't be a playoff team this year, coaching will finally show what they have for a group. Bruins will be worse than they were last year, they will ship out Chara at the deadline in hope to get assets in return. Pens miss out as well, Sid has enough of Phil's nonsense by mid point of the season. Buffalo takes some important steps into becoming a contender but still puts out an 80 pt season. Toronto and New Jersey are still dumpster fires and are actively playing who can be worse. The Hurricanes deal the Staal brothers out by the deadline and the Flyers quietly improve while not being a playoff team.

With the West it's a lot more fun. This is the year St. Louis says they've had enough of their coach and implode magnificently. They will fight for a playoff position with the Preds but miss the playoffs despite having 96 pts. Chicago takes a step back but still has a playoff spot in the form of the wild card. The Central division is a different story. The Wild, Jets and Stars all fight for first in the division and end up 1 and 2 pts off of first for their respective place. The Ducks will be the team of the Pacific again. Having first place by 10+ pts. Calgary and LA both take the other spots. The Sharks continue to pretend like everything is fine while the place burns down. Vancouver is getting old quickly and their fading performance is what holds them out of a playoff spot. The Oilers make significant steps to be a playoff contender but are still not quite there due to the ultra competitive Central division. People forget that Arizona is still a thing and are only reminded they exist because they finally have plans in place to relocate them to Seattle/Kansas City/Regina.