Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Christmas in Calgary, except that smoke shit, fuck off Washington
    I've been in Washington for almost a month.. it's getting kind of scary. I am nowhere near the fires (probably like 200-250 miles west), but they are moving so fast, and last I checked they were hardly contained. On the bright side, the fire will have to cross many rivers, a lake, and go down a mountain to get here... so that's something.

We were camping in Okanogan and could see smoke as we were driving back west... a week later, one of the towns we drove through was just up in flames. Just awful

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I've been in Washington for almost a month.. it's getting kind of scary. I am nowhere near the fires (probably like 200-250 miles west), but they are moving so fast, and last I checked they were hardly contained. On the bright side, the fire will have to cross many rivers, a lake, and go down a mountain to get here... so that's something.

We were camping in Okanogan and could see smoke as we were driving back west... a week later, one of the towns we drove through was just up in flames. Just awful
    Oh man I love the Okanogen. It's smokey as hell even here in Calgary, wild.

@tradewind Ferland is the only RFA we haven't signed. Hanowski probably walks, not an NHLer. Same with Potter. Arnold still has another year of contract and I'm not sure about the others.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CGY?year=2016 will let u know of their contract status'.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-08-27 at 02:13 AM.

I've just been flabbergasted by he fires in Washington. The time I went up there it did nothing but rain or drizzle for a solid week so when they talked about it being in a drought I almost thought they were lying. I guess every area goes through it, and if you have that much forest you are gonna get them periodically, just didn't even cross my mind up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    fires are routine here, though I was only ever evacuated once

I've been in northwest Washington for almost a month now, Armourboy. It has rained three times (including right now) for a grand total of about 2 hours. Normally they get a nice rain-free summer... for about 2 weeks - they've been getting very little rain now for about 4 or 5 months.

Oh man I love the Okanogen. It's smokey as hell even here in Calgary, wild.

@tradewind Ferland is the only RFA we haven't signed. Hanowski probably walks, not an NHLer. Same with Potter. Arnold still has another year of contract and I'm not sure about the others.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CGY?year=2016 will let u know of their contract status'.
    Been working outside for the last few days...getting to go indoors is like

I must have misread on Arnold, I thought he was RFA this year. But it makes sense now that its next year lol.

I'm assuming if Smid is healthy there's not going to be room for Schlemper.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ready for some hockey, Kings played 64 playoff games in the previous 3 years and then zero last year, been a long time since I've gotten to watch any games I cared about, the offseason has been longer than usual for them/me.

3 more weeks til pre-season!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    With the Atlantic division seemingly locked up by Tampa, Montreal, Ottawa and Boston.
    Ottawa's probable, but a lot of big IFs like Karlsson getting injured or Hamgurgler not being able to play as well as he did last year.
    Boston, I don't think is a guarantee.
    Detroit is more of a lock than either of those IMO

When you remove someone from the room who is toxic (in this case Phil), the team generally plays better because they get along. Last year the Nuck got rid of someone who didn't want to be there in Kesler and the team improved quite a bit.
    So did Anaheim.

- - - Updated - - -

They've suffered some road bumps thanks to Dave Nonis but don't be surprised if they're a force in 1-3 years. I can totally see them being a sleeper hit like the Flames were last year too. (but I can also see them standing at the podium picking Auston Mathews next June too)
    2-3 years when we have Marner, Kapenen, Nylander on the team I can see it. For right now, Buffalo is more likely to have that Cinderella story.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto is pretty entrenched in Jays fever right now, so I think it will be good for the Leafs to fly under the radar a bit for the first month of the season or so. There is a huge expectation on the Jays to win the world series right now, the Leafs have nothing to worry about right now to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Toronto is pretty entrenched in Jays fever right now, so I think it will be good for the Leafs to fly under the radar a bit for the first month of the season or so. There is a huge expectation on the Jays to win the world series right now, the Leafs have nothing to worry about right now to be honest.
    Just wait 2 months or so and they will bashed to hell again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no faith in Buffalo with that defense and goaltending. Not sold on Lehner and I dont see Eichel putting them on his back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm ready for some hockey, Kings played 64 playoff games in the previous 3 years and then zero last year, been a long time since I've gotten to watch any games I cared about, the offseason has been longer than usual for them/me.
    I remember exactly their last meaningful game. Twas a wonderful night I must say!

10+ Year Old Account
    Voynov looks like he is going to be deported. That or he will be placed on an extremely tight leash from immigration. In which case he might end up being deported within the year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any remaining big names who haven't signed yet? Was Ehrhoff the last big shoe to fall?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I am not mistaken the D-man who split between Toronto and Nashville is still available. His name escapes me at this point in time.

Cody Franson

I had the check the TSN trade board for last year.

Edit: Looking back at the trades from last year. None of them really worked out except for the Dubnyk trade and the Jets fleecing Buffalo. Speaking of the Sabres, they are going to be a team full of off ice issues.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2015-09-04 at 07:34 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Franson wants money that he doesn't deserve and term he hasn't earned. Reports are he wants a similar contract that T.J. Brodie, Andrei Sekera, and Chris Tanev received. Fat chance, he's not as good as any of those guys.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Franson wants money that he doesn't deserve and term he hasn't earned. Reports are he wants a similar contract that T.J. Brodie, Andrei Sekera, and Chris Tanev received. Fat chance, he's not as good as any of those guys.
    And yet, none of those guys are defensemen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of them are D actually. Brodie plays for Calgary, Tanev for Vancouver, and Sekera just signed with Edmonton. I know these are Western Canadian teams but come on now

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure they can all skate backwards at a professional level.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of them are D actually. Brodie plays for Calgary, Tanev for Vancouver, and Sekera just signed with Edmonton. I know these are Western Canadian teams but come on now
    I kinda brain farted I guess. Franson is a defensive guy though. He might be expecting too much money, but he is a top 4 guy who can play top 2 minutes if needed.