In all honesty i can represent the Canucks and say that hit was pretty low but i dont think Rome had any intent. just poor judgement. hockey players skate around the ice extremely fast and dont always have the best 1 second reaction ideas or positions. was the hit bad? definitly. but the Canucks are all about making their checks, turn overs, and generally being aggressive. perhaps too much but seeing the last game of Boston vs Tampa Bay i literally feel asleep. no penalties or nothing.. boring.. i dont need to see blood but honestly if the bruins werent gonna check anyone they'd get mowed over faster than any team in the NHL.
    still Tim Thomas seems the be the only reason their even in the cup. 3 excellent games on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks fans talking shit after an 8-1 loss. Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I told you guys, you're not giving the Bruins enough credit.

Rome won't get suspended.

Hamhuis out and playing with 5 D... Bruins win every time.

A few intangibles that could have changed the game - Edler broken stick + Kesler own goal.

I liked how they came out in the first but they didn't play as will in the latter half. Kind of the opposite of what the Canucks have been doing these playoffs with sloppy starts and strong finishes. That said the Bruins played a good offense game too - better passing and faster reaction times.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 04:31 AM ----------

I'm going to hell
    probably the same for me.... but that's funny as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if it turns out to be a very serious concussion it could go from
    "This isn't my car." to "I love my new fisher price steering wheel!"
    90% won't get it.
    5% Will hate me forever.
    5% Will laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Canucks fans talking shit after an 8-1 loss. Cute.
    Red Wings lost to who? Oh yeah.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Red Wings lost to who? Oh yeah.
    If you'd like me to list all of the Stanley cups you haven't won in the 41 years you've been a franchise, I'll gladly.
    Y'all lost 8-1, shut up for 2 nights.

If you'd like me to list all of the Stanley cups you haven't won in the 41 years you've been a franchise, I'll gladly.
    Y'all lost 8-1, shut up for 2 nights.
    You lost to San Jose, shut up for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You lost to San Jose, shut up for one.
    You've turned into Marcelos, congrats.
    Also I haven't posted in like 10 pages before this lot.
    9 Marcelos' are just unbearable during the games.

You've turned into Marcelos, congrats.
    Also I haven't posted in like 10 pages before this lot.
    9 Marcelos' are just unbearable during the games.
    There's no passion once your team is eliminated.

I'm a Canucks fan, all the others in this thread talking shit, need to STFU we got destroyed, there were some things that could have helped a bit. But Honestly shut up, be humble and take the loss, Don't act like a *$&#ing 4 year old.

Edit: Cineplex, you give Vancouver Fans a terrible image, I'm sad to even be a fan of the same team as you. You need to learn to close your mouth.
    Last edited by Criptos; 2011-06-07 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Edit:

There's no passion once your team is eliminated.
    There's also a way to be passionate without having to resort to insults and the like. All I've seen so far since the final started is people bashing each other and especially you. I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet.

Onto the game, I'm pretty happy Boston got some physicality. It got nasty in the 3rd period, a little too much to my liking, but anyway a good old fashion Boston win. Now the serie is 2-1 and only half the job is done, still gotta win the next one to put the pressure back on Vancouver.

Also making fun of Horton is pretty disrespectful, nobody deserve to get out of the ice on a stretcher. The "he got what he deserves" statement are pretty saddening. If he doesn't come back Boston is loosing a big clutch goal scorer that they definitally need.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'd think someone that looks like a gorilla could take a hit.
    Of all the things you have said in the last couple pages, this is the one comment I agree with lol. Horton does have a very odd look.

Apparently the hit was of such a concern that the NHL has already informed Rome that they will be having a disciplinary hearing. Seeing as it is only 7 at the league offices they must have informed him last night. Pretty quick turn around for a league that drags its feet on these decisions always.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 07:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    A Philly fan here, and as much as I hate the Bruins, I'd rather see them win the series then the Canucks. Just waiting for someone to piss of Chara so that monster drops the gloves.

By the way, that hit may have been a bit late, but it wasn't at all dirty. Same hit Stevens put on Lindros. It's Ice Hockey, you don't keep your head down like that.
    Yes that was similar to what Stevens used to do. That is also the EXACT same hit the NHL no longer wants in the game. All it does is injure players and make highlight reels. Stevens was an absolute master at the lateral blindside hit mid-zone and he injured god knows how many players doing it back when it was a legal hit. It no longer is a legal hit though.

And for those that continue to insist Horton should have had his head "up" and seen Rome. If you are crossing the street, you should be aware and be looking for cars. If you are walking down the sidewalk and a car hits you from behind or from the side are you to blame for not expecting a car to come at you in a place a car has no business being in?
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-07 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I told you guys, you're not giving the Bruins enough credit.

Rome won't get suspended.

Hamhuis out and playing with 5 D... Bruins win every time.

A few intangibles that could have changed the game - Edler broken stick + Kesler own goal.

I liked how they came out in the first but they didn't play as will in the latter half. Kind of the opposite of what the Canucks have been doing these playoffs with sloppy starts and strong finishes. That said the Bruins played a good offense game too - better passing and faster reaction times.

---------- Post added 2011-06-07 at 04:31 AM ----------

I'm going to hell
    It's wrong, so wrong, but i laughed my ass off - he got lit up like a fucking christmas tree on that hit though, was a very late & very crude hit too.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I can say Loungo had a bad night but if ur gonna lose one, hell why not do it royally. 1 - 0 2 - 0 or even 8 - 1 it doesnt matter. a loss is still a loss. Boston should be thanking Tm Thomas for playing better than God at hockey that game, but who are the boston fans trying to fool? they can barely get the puck outta their end 90% of the time and they have the worst power play record in the history of the NHL.. how exactly do you expect them to win if their goalie somehow doesnt hold them up. the amazing offensive power of Vancouver and how they can execute Tic-Tac-goal will more often than not, prove them victorious. i still would like to see an even game its just.. many would favor the Canucks.

Last edited by Mystiik; 2011-06-07 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I can say Loungo had a bad night but if ur gonna lose one, hell why not do it royally. 1 - 0 2 - 0 or even 8 - 1 it doesnt matter. a loss is still a loss. Boston should be thanking Tm Thomas for playing better than God at hockey that game, but who are the boston fans trying to fool? they can barely get the puck outta their end 90% of the time and they have the worst power play record in the history of the NHL.. how exactly do you expect them to win if their goalie somehow doesnt hold them up. the amazing offensive power of Vancouver and how they can execute Tic-Tac-goal will more often than not, prove them victorious. i still would like to see an even game its just.. many would favor the Canucks.
    Sorry canucks fans
    cant dis bostons powerplay til there own teams powerplay has more goals then the bruins do shorthanded.

Surely the theory is "can't dis vancouver fans until the series is atleast equal" 8-1 is undoubtedly a doing, it's exactly the same with respects, as losing 2-1 - as announced said, if you're going to have a howler might as well do it properly, get it out the system and come to the arena the next night ready to play. He does have a point though, Boston's powerplay hasn't exactly been stellar has it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Vancouver has been playing like pussies this entire series.

Game 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmZWIX0278

Game 2:

Lapierre sticks his fingers in Bergeron's mouth

Game 3:

Rome's pussy hit on Horton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8voTc9A7qDQ

Hansen slashes Recchi from behind then scores a goal (6 seconds in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJqMh6I1a0

Daniel Sedin diving after a clean hit (24 seconds in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPqT5OJaoDQ

You canadians are terrible sports

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    Vancouver has been playing like pussies this entire series.

Game 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmZWIX0278

Game 2:

Lapierre sticks his fingers in Bergeron's mouth

Game 3:

Rome's pussy hit on Horton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8voTc9A7qDQ

Hansen slashes Recchi from behind then scores a goal (6 seconds in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJqMh6I1a0

Daniel Sedin diving after a clean hit (24 seconds in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPqT5OJaoDQ

You canadians are terrible sports
    Is this because we beat you guys?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Is this because we beat you guys?
    I would just let the comment go without even acknowledging it if I were you. It is far too easy to make a case for any team being whatever you want it to be with a couple quick Youtube clips. If you were malicious enough you could make a quick post in about 5 minutes highlighting Boston's various cheap shots or hits out of context (like Chara on Pax) and make a case for them being a dirty team.

Also update on Horton, done for the playoffs with a severe concussion. Rome is in the meeting now with at least a game expected by most sources. I say give him two which will be exactly the same as suspending him for the rest of the playoffs.