Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome, I approve.

Actually, the Stanley Cup was here in Guelph back in July with Rich Peverley, too bad I was working.

Flames trade Daymon Langkow to Phoenix for Lee Stempniak. Not sure who lost that deal, both players are very average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Langkow lost in that deal.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Langkow lost in that deal.
    Big time. The Yotes must be an incredibly hard franchise to play for if you are a guy with a family. Their instability must be maddening.

The Flames were certainly the winners by my estimation. They got Stempniak who is a very, very solid second line winger. They get a guy with 40-50 point potential who is EIGHT years younger than the guy they unloaded and he makes $2.6 million dollars less this season than Langkow lol.

Report: Boston's Savard ruled out for 11-12 season

I get back from a pretty good hockey practice and read this. Kinda ruined my day. I knew his concussion was pretty severe, but I guess I was hoping with all the down time he would be back by the start of the season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Report: Boston's Savard ruled out for 11-12 season

I get back from a pretty good hockey practice and read this. Kinda ruined my day. I knew his concussion was pretty severe, but I guess I was hoping with all the down time he would be back by the start of the season.
    For the whole season? That's a bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks that such a talented player has had such awful concussion problems. I wouldn't be surprised if he just calls it quits this year.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Sucks that such a talented player has had such awful concussion problems. I wouldn't be surprised if he just calls it quits this year.
    TSN released an article saying that he might never play in the NHL again.

Sucks about Savard. Brutal day on the whole, too. Wade Belak was found dead in a downtown Toronto condo just a little bit ago.

I always liked Savard. Especially on NHL'05.
    Such a shame, that every time he tries to get back, he goes out again.

Concussions is the new (and somewhat old) NHLs big problem. Hits to the head, or landing on the same is such a big killer of young players today. And some old heroes whom get affected by it, and were.
    Kenny Jönsson (ex-Islander, '06 olympic best defenseman) quit partly because of them, for example.

Yeah, I was hearing stuff like that not too long after that game. He wasn't back long after recovering from that fucking Cooke hit and then he's right back out again. I really hope it's not over for him. Would love to see him actually get to lift the cup after winning it. He really does deserve after all he's been through. That and he's a really talented guy. No doubt in my mind he would have only made the Bruins stronger in the playoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just heard on the news that former Leafs enforcer Wade Belak died today in his Condo in Toronto. No cause of death yet.

R.I.P

10+ Year Old Account
    ya, 3 tough guys this off-season, Belak was my favorite tough guy, like watching him beat up chris neil

concussion running rampant.. hopefully something positive will happen this season.. looking bleek with all the bad off-season news that has been going around
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-08-31 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been one hell of a depressing off season to say the least.
    RIP Wade Belak.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a story in the Toronto Papers if anyone wants to read: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...nto-hotel?bn=1

Wow. Another suicide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Wow. Another suicide.
    I know.. what a terrible shame

I remember he used to call into my local rock station from Nashville all the time and joke around. He was a really funny and sincere guy. It's really crushing to lose someone like this.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Belak was one of the coolest tough guys in the league. Always loved when he beat the snot out of Chris Neil and Sean Avery when he was playing in Toronto. Classiest tough guy in the league, shame it ended like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Wow. Another suicide.

where did it say, he took his life?

edit : nm the link was updated.. they never updated story elsewhere..

The season really needs to start up again. I feel like this off season has been cursed.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    where did it say, he took his life?

edit : nm the link was updated.. they never updated story elsewhere..
    I saw it the first time I clicked on Fuzzzie's link.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime
    The season really needs to start up again. I feel like this off season has been cursed.
    Heh, if it weren't for EA Sports NHL games I think I might go a little nuts during the off season.