15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    marcelos why no love? i thought we were friends from last years playoffs thread!? /endsarcasm

hey now, you have to mix up the fan base in this forum, or it gets boring.
    well, i like you more than the Pittsburgh fans and the Crosby fans, does that count for anything?

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 06:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Niemi was huge tonight. I can't help but wonder if the hockey Gods hate us. If they do in fact hate us, I bet it's because we drafted James Wisniewski.
    you drafted a polish dude? that is definately your problem right there. than again, Yvonne Strahovski is Polish, and i have absolutely NOTHING against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Niemi was huge tonight. I can't help but wonder if the hockey Gods hate us. If they do in fact hate us, I bet it's because we drafted James Wisniewski.
    honestly i was really nervous with the game vs the hawks tonight. due only to the fact that they have a win coming, unfortunately for me, not for you :P, it wasnt tonight.

it was all niemi, cause in all honesty, chicago was spanking SJ all over the ice tonight. looked a little better in the 3rd though.

Why hate the worlds best player and his fans?

I dont hate on that Russian guy whats his name.

it does count marc. it does count.

well happy tday ya'll. i'm off to sleepy town.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, was trying to figure out why there weren't any games scheduled for tomorrow, now I have a question. Why does the NHL play on Canadian Thanksgiving but not American Thanksgiving?

Never mind, I figured out the answer while typing the question. Canadians are thankful for hockey.

Well, at least there's one other person on this site that likes the Sharks.

Good to see the team finally get a shutout, although it's a worrying trend (to me, anyways) that we've been outshot 3 of the last 4 games. At least they've all been wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Why hate the worlds best offensive player and his fans?

I dont hate on that Russian guy whats his name.
    first, fixed that for you.
    second off all, why the hate? why does the media have to shove him down our throat? remember when Crosby skated for 15 minutes late last spring/early summer? breaking/front page news everywhere. any other guy who had an injury? not even a sidenote update.
    5 threads in two days on ESPN alone about Crosby, and a new one tonight when the Penguins lost and he netted 0 points.

how many players have even seen 1 thread this hockey year? i haven't heard a peep about some guys who have been playing lights out, and could use some exposure.

yet Crosby plays the blues, the blues win, in pittsburgh, and the news reports that he nets zero points as the headline? not Pitt Loses, not St Louis wins, but Crosby gets 0 points? yeah ok, can we stop shoving him down our throats yet?

this is why i hate Crosby.
    as for why i hate Pitt fans? not all of them, just the ones who started watching hockey since Crosby started playing and are rather clueless as to how hockey is actually played.

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 06:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Hmm, was trying to figure out why there weren't any games scheduled for tomorrow, now I have a question. Why does the NHL play on Canadian Thanksgiving but not American Thanksgiving?

Never mind, I figured out the answer while typing the question. Canadians are thankful for hockey.
    i'm thankful for hockey, i'm not Canadian (than again, i have heard Michigan called "Southern Canada" before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Alain Vigneault now has the most wins of any Canucks head coach.

Jets are gonna win

10+ Year Old Account
    since the main focus of topic has been, Detroit, Boston, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver... i was wondering what everyone's opinion of calgary is, i think its time they blew it up, new coach, new players and a new culture.

2004 was 7 years ago, bad trades, bad signings have ultimately killed the flames the last 3 years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    since the main focus of topic has been, Detroit, Boston, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver... i was wondering what everyone's opinion of calgary is, i think its time they blew it up, new coach, new players and a new culture.

2004 was 7 years ago, bad trades, bad signings have ultimately killed the flames the last 3 years
    Calgary has some talent but is a few eggs short of a dozen if you get my meaning, they have potential, just need key components to put it all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think one of there biggest problems is they have a goal scoring centre.. not a playmaker which doesn't help Iggy

10+ Year Old Account

They brought in Jokinen, realized the cancer he was, wasn't needed on the team, and then they resigned him. The Flames haven't been good since 2006 and with Kipper getting older, it's just a matter of time before he's gone. This team reminded me of Vancouver, they built up their team around a top tier goaltender, the issue is that Calgary traded away most of its prospects in the hope of returning the Stanley cup finals. Blow up the team, rebuild and be the next Edmonton. At least they have a future.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole league is so damn close right now, a slump of only a few games could see a team go from 5th to 25th in a week. 7 points separating 22nd from first.

Will be nice to take a break from hockey today and watch some of the football that's on. Then Leafs are in Dallas and hopefully can finish this road-trip strong.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    /Leafs fan on Ottawa and Montreal

lol
    Ottawa will never win a Cup. They always choke in the playoffs, even San Jose doesn't choke as much as Ottawa did when they last got to the post season. Montreal is just a poorly balanced team, they have no toughness and lack size to hold off stronger and bigger forwards from their back end. Speed isn't everything these days, Toronto is a prime example of a team with size up front that is fast and can throw weight around against the boards, whereas Montreal players are soft and can't hit worth crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    well, i like you more than the Pittsburgh fans and the Crosby fans, does that count for anything?
    Only in Detroit. You didn't comment on my picture either you putz!

we don't like to talk about the team from the dive tank on these forums. move along *makes gesture of force influence* move along.
    One small dive for San Jose... one giant point for my office pool.

..Well I guess it would be a giant dive for a small point, but whatever.

Words of wisdom.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Hoping traffic isnt completely terrible heading towards the stadiums tomorrow. Looking forward to a (hopefully) good game between the Flyers and Canadiens.

Marcelos, maybe one day you'll realize it's the media who you hate and not Crosby.

I don't think anyone who posted here recently cares much for Montreal.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Marcelos, maybe one day you'll realize it's the media who you hate and not Crosby.

I don't think anyone who posted here recently cares much for Montreal.
    Probably because they will just get trolled because they are sucking it up royally and that getting rid of Halak when he was Jesus on Ice two years ago was a mistake. They wound up paying a guy who is nothing more then an average goalie and has sub par defenders in front of him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Probably because they will just get trolled because they are sucking it up royally and that getting rid of Halak when he was Jesus on Ice two years ago was a mistake. They wound up paying a guy who is nothing more then an average goalie and has sub par defenders in front of him as well.
    Gustavsson agreed a two-year extension with the Leafs on April 15, 2010, with an average salary of $1.35m per year.
    Just sayin'.

Toronto has been a goalie graveyard since the lockout. So I really wouldn't bash on any teams for their goaltenders.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-24 at 09:48 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.