Congratulations to my favorite player of all time, Al MacInnis, for being the first ever inductee to the Forever a Flame at Calgary. A great athlete for both St. Louis and Calgary. Wish The Chopper could have won a cup with us though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    The 2012 draft is said to have some high end talents up top, but to be pretty shallow afterwards. I have read a couple of statements that anyone who can reasonably expect to pick at 18-20 or later would probably part easy with the pick for some immediate help, especially for teams that are attempting a serious run to the top. Thats why the gave Buffalo the pick.

Don't get me wrong, I'd say that Gaustad was overpriced, too. But I did not think that the Preds would keep their first-rounder, they needed another forward now more than another prospect.
    I would have traded Schenn and Grabs for Shea Weber and a 2nd round pick to be honest, because I see Nashville having trouble signing him to an extension if they don't make it to the finals this year, or expecting him to stay around after the season is over. And personally with how much depth the Preds have on the blue line now, they have one of the best chances at winning as a shut down team with their scoring up front. Not a huge amount of over the top talent, but with the goaltending and defence as good as it is on paper, they should have no problems getting far. I think depending on how far they go into the playoffs will depend on whether Weber stays or goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Colorado getting it done on the Ducks. Just need someone to kill off Dallas and we can get a spot in playoffs

Wooo 1st in Central!

If Hitchcock doesn't win coach of the year... :x What are they, 33-10-7 since he took over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    Wooo 1st in Central!
    How does that make sense? We've played the same amount of games, have the same amount of points and Detroit has more wins. Aren't wins supposed to be the main tie breaker...?

Tie-break #2

The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    How does that make sense? We've played the same amount of games, have the same amount of points and Detroit has more wins. Aren't wins supposed to be the main tie breaker...?
    St. Louis - 35 Regulation wins. Detroit - 34.

---------- Post added 2012-02-27 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    If Hitchcock doesn't win coach of the year... :x What are they, 33-10-7 since he took over?
    Yea he is something like that. I can't find the number. I know his win percentage is around .719 or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    St. Louis - 35 Regulation wins. Detroit - 34.
    Honestly the NHL just needs to implement the 3-2-1-0 point system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Honestly the NHL just needs to implement the 3-2-1-0 point system.
    Could not agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i say go back to the old way... 2 points win, 0 points for a loss, 0 points for a loss in OT.. and no shootout.

Having the 3-2-1-0 system in Europe, I'd also want it.
    It makes sense to me, seeing how almost half your games are going to award 3 points anyway. :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the bonus point system, that is all. No points if you lose, regardless of method. Shootout wins are 1 point, OT 2 and regulation 2 or 3.

Let's change the conferences and division layout before we change the point system. That's more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 8/7 division set up was probably the best option without completely scrapping the idea of two specific conferences. The only other set up possible would be the 5 divisions set up no conference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toews is still out =[ Sorry Toronto.. I know you guys really wanted to play against him. =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Toews is still out =[ Sorry Toronto.. I know you guys really wanted to play against him. =/
    Got a feeling he'll be out for the rest of the season...Coach Q said still "day to day" and not giving anything more than that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    It's OK, the less damage against us the better, we got a game tonight against the Panthers before heading out to Chicago. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let us have the two points though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's OK, the less damage against us the better, we got a game tonight against the Panthers before heading out to Chicago. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let us have the two points though.
    I feel the same way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm sure the team would love to help you out with that.

Looking forward to seeing some of the new guys play tomorrow. Let's see if Oduya was worth the pick up & I've always like Andrew Shaw it'll be good to see him back in the lineup.