10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Speaking about the Bruins... Where did Chedda go?
    Keeping the blue's hole warm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Keeping the blue's hole warm.
    beat me to it damnit.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I had to check into the hospital last night. Watching Capitals defense last night gave me a stroke.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I had to check into the hospital last night. Watching Capitals defense last night gave me a stroke.
    defense? what defense?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    defense? what defense?
    Hence the stroke.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember when people wanted Philly to dump Bryz at the trade deadline and try and bring in a new goalie? Shutouts in 4 of 5 games lol. Five goals against in six March wins. He is now 14-5-3 since being bench for the Winter Classic. Six of those losses in games where Philly scored 2 or fewer goals (three were shutouts) and four of those the opposing team scored two or less.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-14 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    defense? what defense?
    Easy there Killer. They play us soon in Detroit and I have a feeling it won't be good. If last night was any indication, they might as well walk into Anaheim holding their ankles and for the love of god, I just want to see them score a PP goal sometime before the playoffs begin...

I know things will turn around once these injuries start getting better but damn...

In fairness to the Caps defense...2 of those goals by New York were a litttttle lucky.

Yep, you should see the amount of bandwagon fans on the facebook page. I cant even look at it anymore, I only use it for score updates if I'm not around something to check on. Briere finally ended his goalless streak last night too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So hybrid icing is supposedly going to start next season, at least if the GMs have their way.

For those who don't know: With hybrid icing, the linesman is required to make a judgment call at the faceoff dots in the offensive zone. If the forechecker is leading the race for the puck when he reaches the faceoff dots then play is allowed to continue. If the defenseman is leading the race for the puck, or if he is even with the forechecking forward at the faceoff dots, then the linesman is to blow his whistle to stop the play and immediately call icing. As we all know, you currently have to touch the puck to have the play whistled down.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=622058

In other news - the Swedes are going to have to make an impact tonight for Van, otherwise there's gonna be a riot.

Riot - Riot
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-03-14 at 03:54 PM.

LOL!!! I love it but is Vancouver really playing that bad?? Haven't watched as of late...unfortunately I've only been watching the Wings and how we gift wrapped the West to STL.

As for hybrid Icing, I am more of eh towards it. I think about 9 out of 10 icings you see the forechecker isn't even close to touching the puck until he hits the goal line. Though I'd really like to see less injuries on icings...I just think you'll see less races to the puck.

Did they say anything more about this stupid idea about having a penalty for a hand pass in the defensive zone??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Might wanna hold back on the Brandon Marshall cheering just yet, looks like he is in some serious trouble lol.
    Yep not sure what he was thinking giving that girl a black eye..

[QUOTE=Alexeiblu;15911116]LOL!!! I love it but is Vancouver really playing that bad?? Haven't watched as of late...unfortunately I've only been watching the Wings and how we gift wrapped the West to STL.

QUOTE]

they're playing a lot better than SJ is. i have to ask myself daily anymore, why i even call myself a sharks fan these days. got to stay true to the cause, but its been hard lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    they're playing a lot better than SJ is. i have to ask myself daily anymore, why i even call myself a sharks fan these days. got to stay true to the cause, but its been hard lately.
    I still have no idea how the Sharks can be this mediocre this season unless they are literally saving it all for the playoffs. The roster didn't change that much outside of Heatley and Seto. I don't think you guys have had any devastating injuries causing massive loss of player games. San Jose was near the bottom of the league in man-games lost as recently as late February so I'm sure they aren't that far off from that mark now. Just a weird season. Even weirder that they are like a three game winning streak away from being the third seed and getting home ice for the playoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    Easy there Killer. They play us soon in Detroit and I have a feeling it won't be good. If last night was any indication, they might as well walk into Anaheim holding their ankles and for the love of god, I just want to see them score a PP goal sometime before the playoffs begin...

I know things will turn around once these injuries start getting better but damn...

In fairness to the Caps defense...2 of those goals by New York were a litttttle lucky.
    Detroit is also playing without 6 of there starters. including Datsyuk and Lidstrom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    The one from Moulson was fricking hilarious.

Last night was embarrassing for the Bruins... They better get their shit together soon. Julien came out saying it's fatigue that's taking it's toll, but I don't buy that line. Every team faces fatigue. And we travel a hell of a lot less than a lot of the teams in the West. I know we've been hit by injuries, but I refuse to believe that Horton and Peverley account for that much of our offense when we have Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, etc. Plus, our defense has been horrendous as of late and the only one out of there has been McQuaid. Ference and Boychuk both missed a bit of time, but they're back and besides that's why we picked up Mottau and Zanon. Not to mention the fact that Corvo has actually been playing half ways decently of late. Add the fact that Thomas hasn't been terribly sharp lately and we're up shit's creek. I know Thomas needs a bit more rest, but come on, he wasn't playing terribly well even before Tuuka got hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Last night was embarrassing for the Bruins... They better get their shit together soon. Julien came out saying it's fatigue that's taking it's toll, but I don't buy that line. Every team faces fatigue. And we travel a hell of a lot less than a lot of the teams in the West. I know we've been hit by injuries, but I refuse to believe that Horton and Peverley account for that much of our offense when we have Krejci, Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand, etc. Plus, our defense has been horrendous as of late and the only one out of there has been McQuaid. Ference and Boychuk both missed a bit of time, but they're back and besides that's why we picked up Mottau and Zanon. Not to mention the fact that Corvo has actually been playing half ways decently of late. Add the fact that Thomas hasn't been terribly sharp lately and we're up shit's creek. I know Thomas needs a bit more rest, but come on, he wasn't playing terribly well even before Tuuka got hurt.
    I am in no way worried about the Bruins when it comes to the playoffs. They have far too many guys with too much skill and experience to crash. I think they will have a real shot of reaching the Finals again if they can get through Philly, Rangers, and Pens if they play any of them. And yes, I realize how amazingly stupid that statement is. They have a real shot of reaching the finals if they can beat the three best teams in the East. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I am in no way worried about the Bruins when it comes to the playoffs. They have far too many guys with too much skill and experience to crash. I think they will have a real shot of reaching the Finals again if they can get through Philly, Rangers, and Pens if they play any of them. And yes, I realize how amazingly stupid that statement is. They have a real shot of reaching the finals if they can beat the three best teams in the East. Lol.
    The one I'm interested to see is St. Louis. They are built alot like Preds teams in the past ( lots of defense, little short on offense) which hasn't proven to be all that successful in the playoffs thus far. Even we went out and got more scoring simply because while we could keep it close, we always came up one goal short.

Don't get me wrong, you need a solid defense to win the cup, but a awesome goalie isn't going to have a shut out every night so you need to be able to put up more than one goal a game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bruins better pick it up, might lose their division lead over the Sens~
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-03-14 at 08:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Bruins better pick it up, might lose their division lead over the Sens~
    Oh no! If that happened they would probably land in the 6th spot across from Washington or Florida, two teams they would absolutely bludgeon in a series. Home ice is overrated especially for a team like Boston that is damn good on the road, third best in the NHL behind New York and Vancouver(inflated division statistics cough cough).