Every player dives, just not in that dramatic fashion. If they would of scored on the PP I don't think he or the Canucks would care how stupid it looks.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    This is probably the best thing for the Canucks. Getting swept the series after nearly winning the Cup could be enough to see AV out, maybe even Gillis out, and someone looking to unload Luongo's contract on a team desperate enough to pick it up. As a Canucks fan, I'm thrilled at any and all of those prospects. And if nothing changes, I'll just join the rest of the league's fans and cheer for anyone but. Win-win.
    The problem is that teams could easily go after Schneider instead. If he is RFA this year, expect offer sheets for what he is worth, not his potential. Luongo's contract will be hard to get rid of, not without a prospect or high pick going with it due to his salary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The problem is that teams could easily go after Schneider instead. If he is RFA this year, expect offer sheets for what he is worth, not his potential. Luongo's contract will be hard to get rid of, not without a prospect or high pick going with it due to his salary.
    I don't really think it will be hard to get rid of at all. Assuming the new CBA keeps the salary floor in tact, there will be two or three teams that are cap floor teams looking for a salary bump and a decent goalie. People said the exact same thing about Brain Campbell's contract and Chicago managed to dump that on Florida for him alone while taking back nothing but a throw away player that played all of six games for them this year.

If you are Winnipeg (no goalies committed next year), Colorado (Varly for two more and Giggy for a year), the Islanders (assuming they can amnesty DiPietro or convince him to retire), or Florida (Theodore for a year) why wouldn't you trade a nothing player for a topish tier NHL goalie that is a massive upgrade for your team? The contract is bad, but it certainly isn't bad enough that a cap floor team is going to say no to it because of the high cap hit. Stability in net is something that is absolutely required in the NHL. Say what you want about Luongo, but he is a good enough goalie to lift a team to relevance. Maybe he isn't up to Cup level quality and consistency, but when you haven't reached the playoffs in forever, your team is a mess, etc. why the hell not?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    not trying to troll or flame.
    but i want whatever this guy is smoking.
    Hey anything is possible, it's the playoffs. Canucks could back for the very same reason LA is up in the series.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Sorry Nucks, but I just can't stop laughing at you. :P I did no way see this comming, and should the LA knock the Nucks out, I hope they'll make the final in westeren.
    About Shaw, I say he he played big time on it, I dont get surpriced if he gets a call from Hollywood when the Hawks hopefully have knocked them out.
    I really cheer for the Peguins now, I REALLY want 7 games, I actually find it fun to watch hockey with no defense, perhaps that's why I enjoy watching the Hawks?
    Edit: View or review the top 10 plays of the regular season:
    Meh, I didn't think Crosby's goal was deserving of where it was but that Malkin goal was definitely a solid #1.

However, it must be said that I was born and raised in the DC metro area and have been a Caps fan for a solid 20 years. I hate the Penguins with every fiber of my being and only really respect Super Mario out of the bunch. Still, even I couldn't stomach the head-hunting I've seen by the Flyers in this first series.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't really think it will be hard to get rid of at all. Assuming the new CBA keeps the salary floor in tact, there will be two or three teams that are cap floor teams looking for a salary bump and a decent goalie. People said the exact same thing about Brain Campbell's contract and Chicago managed to dump that on Florida for him alone while taking back nothing but a throw away player that played all of six games for them this year.

If you are Winnipeg (no goalies committed next year), Colorado (Varly for two more and Giggy for a year), the Islanders (assuming they can amnesty DiPietro or convince him to retire), or Florida (Theodore for a year) why wouldn't you trade a nothing player for a topish tier NHL goalie that is a massive upgrade for your team? The contract is bad, but it certainly isn't bad enough that a cap floor team is going to say no to it because of the high cap hit. Stability in net is something that is absolutely required in the NHL. Say what you want about Luongo, but he is a good enough goalie to lift a team to relevance. Maybe he isn't up to Cup level quality and consistency, but when you haven't reached the playoffs in forever, your team is a mess, etc. why the hell not?
    It isn't just teams at the cap floor who need a goalie, teams with a goalie problem like Toronto, might be interested in picking up Luongo, but they aren't about to give up a lot for him either.

It isn't just teams at the cap floor who need a goalie, teams with a goalie problem like Toronto, might be interested in picking up Luongo, but they aren't about to give up a lot for him either.
    TO is out of the question completely IMO. If Vancouver media was bad for him, I don't think he'd fair well in TO at all. Something like a Capitals or Tampa(Baring cap issues) situation would be best if he's looking to win.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirix View Post
    Malkin started the scrum at the bench? Lol really? Did you not see him and Coburn got at it all game long and Coburn come after him right before that at the bench when he didn't even have the puck? Don't be stupid. Watch both sides of the game.
    I watched both sides, and saw Pittsburgh come up really really small. Especially "Cindy" Crosby. Forget Malkin. You have Asham cross-checking Shenn in the throat after a clean hit. You have Neal leaving his feet to crank Coutourier (who didn't have the puck). You have Neal cheap shotting Giroux in the head. You have Crosby grabbing the BACK of Hartnell's jersey and then backing off so Adams could fight Hartnell (and pull his hair, way to be a man). You have Crosby hacking at Bryzgalov's glove after the whistle blew. You have Crosby swiping away Voracek's glove on the ice when he tried to pick it up.

So, yeah, I didn't see Malkin do anything that egregious, but the rest of the team, especially Neal and Crosby, were just lame.

I hope Neal doesn't get suspended and the Flyers bring up a goon from the farm to readjust his teeth. Oh, and bye bye Pens in a SWEEP.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suf-fer-ing. Yoda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    [/COLOR]And Canuck fans, this is why no on respects your team and everyone hates them outside of you people:

I was honestly expecting Mitchell to start miming a diving and swimming motion right there. Kesler is really moving up the list on the most unsportsmanlike players in the NHL.
    Some of us Canucks fans hate that shit too and wish that Kesler would just man up and hit someone back instead of pretending to be the leaning tower of Pisa. Trust me, many of us would love nothing more than being able to cheer for a team that isn't reviled by the entire league for their unnecessary shenanigans that end up overshadowing their actual talent.

But still, the Penguins have been way worse in the cheap shots/dives/instigation department here in Round 1. Maybe now everyone will start to see them for who they really are too - and they even have a good goaltender who chokes!
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-04-16 at 06:16 PM.

3 tied series tonight! Let's see how the low seeds do on their homes. I'd love Ottawa to win and Boston to lose (which is not the same thing).
    CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0) // Corsair AX650 // Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB // Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H WB // Intel 3570K // [HEATSINK?] // Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB // Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC
    Dell U2312HM // Logitech Z313 // Logitech C525 // Steelseries Sensei // Steelseries Shift

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgore View Post
    I watched both sides, and saw Pittsburgh come up really really small. Especially "Cindy" Crosby. Forget Malkin. You have Asham cross-checking Shenn in the throat after a clean hit. You have Neal leaving his feet to crank Coutourier (who didn't have the puck). You have Neal cheap shotting Giroux in the head. You have Crosby grabbing the BACK of Hartnell's jersey and then backing off so Adams could fight Hartnell (and pull his hair, way to be a man). You have Crosby hacking at Bryzgalov's glove after the whistle blew. You have Crosby swiping away Voracek's glove on the ice when he tried to pick it up.

So, yeah, I didn't see Malkin do anything that egregious, but the rest of the team, especially Neal and Crosby, were just lame.

I hope Neal doesn't get suspended and the Flyers bring up a goon from the farm to readjust his teeth. Oh, and bye bye Pens in a SWEEP.
    I'm not trying to defend Asham here but to say what Schenn did was a clean hit is just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    I'm not trying to defend Asham here but to say what Schenn did was a clean hit is just wrong.
    Schenn's hit was charging for sure, but it was miles below the level of Asham's retaliatory headhunting.

That's where people get things wrong. Vancouver is in the best possible position to unload a bad contract attached to a goalie that, despite his momentary shinings, isn't going to become a success. He's enough to bring a bad team up to par, but not enough to help a good team become the best in the league. However, given the fact that he did get to the finals, and did help Canada win gold, most teams will likely expect Vancouver to want a massive trade for him. That's not what we should be looking at. We should be looking to get rid of that contract by any means necessary, and aiming to poach a possible young up-and-comer or two, so that those teams already vaguely interested in him might jump at the chance to snatch Luongo at a "deal."

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Schenn's hit was charging for sure, but it was miles below the level of Asham's retaliatory headhunting.
    Which is why I said I'm not defending Asham I agree what he did was extremely uncalled for, all I did was correct the person I quoted.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does he have a no move clause? I'm assuming so since it's a fucking 12 year contract. With that, it'll be rough to move him but I can see teams desperate for a goalie to drop some pretty good players for him. I think he would rather go to a team that's semi winning, at least playoffs. I honestly don't think he's good enough to carry a low tier team to playoff glory. The two teams he's had success for (Canada and Vancouver) were both really good teams. Especially Canada, a god damn twig could have been in net with that godly team. If the role had been reversed in this series and he was playing against the Canucks, would be a landslide victory I M O. He's definitely a top tier goalie but not elite status (aka Rinne, Quick, Lunqvist, Thomas when he's not being racist, Smith THIS YEAR). Have to remember there's a person involved in all this, going to look into the no move clause.

Also, I felt like Vancouver protected Schneider way better than Luongo last night. Only the 1 notable odd man rush where Brown shot it at the side of his head. If they would have played that well defense the other 2 games, this series probably woulden't be 3-0. I didn't feel L.A. tested Schneider enough early in the game to possibly break into his word. Oh well, I just hope this series goes a bit longer because game 3 was very tight and intense.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the Canucks will want a lot back. They get back cap space and the ability to sign Schneider. That is by far the biggest asset they could get back in any scenario. Chicago gave Campbell away to free up cap space. I expect that the Canucks will do the exact same thing with Luongo this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    TO is out of the question completely IMO. If Vancouver media was bad for him, I don't think he'd fair well in TO at all. Something like a Capitals or Tampa(Baring cap issues) situation would be best if he's looking to win.
    Ya that is a point I am oft to ignore since the NTCs get worked with so frequently especially in a situation like Luongo is going to face where people have turned against him so badly in Vancouver (and it is only going to get worse if they get swept). He could certainly control where he goes if he wants to. That could drive his trade return from paltry to "that guy plays in the NHL?" level. They could also wave the amnesty clause in his face and say look, you take the trade to Florida or we amnesty you, put you on the amnesty waiver so the Islanders or whoever can pick you up, pay your guaranteed money this year, and you can kiss your mega contract goodbye. Have to think he would take option #1 and the $50 million associated with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Every player dives, just not in that dramatic fashion. If they would of scored on the PP I don't think he or the Canucks would care how stupid it looks.
    never seen Lidstrom or Datsyuk dive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda jumping in late here, but if all Weber is going to get for his head-palm into the glass is a $2500 tap on the wrist, then Shaw should get a god damn steak dinner and back rub for the hit on Smith. Smith gets an Oscar for his performance and everyone goes home happy.

Don't you just love how the refs waited to see what the diagnosis was from the trainers before they kicked Shaw out of the game? Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in G2.

Don't even get me started on the Toews GI call.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wbjack View Post
    I'm kinda jumping in late here, but if all Weber is going to get for his head-palm into the glass is a $2500 tap on the wrist, then Shaw should get a god damn steak dinner and back rub for the hit on Smith. Smith gets an Oscar for his performance and everyone goes home happy.

Don't you just love how the refs waited to see what the diagnosis was from the trainers before they kicked Shaw out of the game? Some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in G2.

Don't even get me started on the Toews GI call.
    while ia gree smith embelished it a lil bit, Shaw was being reckless, he never slowed down, he never tried to avoid him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    never seen Lidstrom or Datsyuk dive.