15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Oh, yeah, I'm not putting blame on the guy at all. I realize everyone kind of had a "what the fuck?" moment there. But as a Canadian, I'm legally obligated to play hockey, and, having tried every position at least once, know you never stop playing until the whistle blows twice. It's easy to look back and say what could've been, but he really should've at least tried to knock the puck away. Even a half-assed stick throw would've been more beneficial than nothing at all. I've witnessed a lot of payers lately just watching the puck either cross the line or not in some sort of strange anticipation, and, while I do realize that is a human reaction, goaltenders are specifically trained to have split-second reactions in tight circumstances. I've personally known goalies who could grab a loose item out of midair without looking or even realizing they were doing it, and it should be second nature for anyone in a position such as his to give it the old college try. He didn't, and his defense showed more reaction over the goal than he did. Maybe he was just in shock, or disappointed, or just plain wasn't prepared for that outcome, but you are trained to never stop playing. I had that instilled in me from an early age, and I never made it anywhere near the NHL or AHL. I don't blame him for having a human reaction at all, but he is a goalie and I do expect more from them.
    It doesent help if he has a split second reaction like goalies do if you cant track the puck.
    Before he managed to get his eye where the puck was, it was already across the bar, hence none would be able to react any differently, he couldnt even try to throw the stick, it would only hit the net and puck would already been in the net.
    I've played in goal for 19 years (i'm 24) And i can say that not a single goalie there, would have a reaction that would benefit the situation if he lost track of the puck, which is infact something all goalies would do in that situation.

Trained or not, it doesent change the fact that the puck was across the bars, so how do you expect him to react in time? He lost track of the puck, this seems to be taken very lightly on.
    If you have played hockey you know the speed on a puck, and how small it is. If you lose track of it, you're gonna have a hell of a time finding it, especially if it gets an odd redirection on the boards.
    Your brain works on predicting where objects are going, thats how you can track pucks.
    But in this case it bounced off the boards and changed direction(and it was going around the boards in the beginning like any puck would) so the brain has to recalibrate and try to find the puck again.

Well this game sucked.

This is how the list of Cup winners should look.

2005 Season cancelled due to 2004–05 NHL lockout
    2006 Carolina Hurricanes
    2007 Anaheim Ducks
    2008 Detroit Red Wings
    2009 Pittsburgh Penguins
    2010 Chicago Blackhawks
    2011 Boston Bruins
    2013 Season cancelled due to 2012-13 NHL lockout

Hope Kings tweet out a Thank You to the Flyers. :P

So glad I finally get to see Simon Gagne skate around with the Stanley Cup, even if it wasnt here in philly. Not even bothered seeing Carter skating around with it either.

Odds on TV stations in L.A. reporting that the Sacremento Kings won the Stanley Cup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats LA Kings.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to the Kings.

I'm so happy I got to see my Devils in the Cup finals. While I'm disappointed with the result, I had a lot of fun watching and it was a cool final.

Thanks to everyone who supported this thread over the season, thanks to all the people who joined our late night IRC chats.

As discussed on IRC tonight this thread will continue on and we'll be discussing all the post-season/pre-season stuff over the coming months!

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to the Kings on a sensational playoff run and winning the best trophy in all of sports. I'm super happy for them.

no matter how badly i wanted the devils to win, just seeing the cup is glorious!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    This is how the list of Cup winners should look.

2005 Season cancelled due to 2004–05 NHL lockout
    2006 Carolina Hurricanes
    2007 Anaheim Ducks
    2008 Detroit Red Wings
    2009 Pittsburgh Penguins
    2010 Chicago Blackhawks
    2011 Boston Bruins
    2013 Season cancelled due to 2012-13 NHL lockout
    That's a bit of a stretch considering no one knows what would have happened had the call been different. Dominant playoffs by the Kings, I woulden't have been surprised if they still won despite that. Plus, even if they would have called Stoll on his boarding, Bernier still most likely would have hit Scuderi, drawn blood, and gotten at least 4 minutes. I'm thinking Gionta didn't get a call because he IMMEDIATELY started running his mouth after. I don't know what he said but I'm willing to bet it was at least a reason why they didn't call that. Also consider that if they DIDN'T call the penalty on Bernier, there would have been such a huge uprising unseen since the whole Shae Weber incident. While it was pretty much Scudari's fault, there is 0 reason for him to get hit that hard, against the boards. It's shit like that the NHL is trying to get OUT of the game.

If the Devils are looking for a reason why they lost, they need to turn and look at Kovalchuk and Parise. You can blame the refs all you want but when it all boils down, their big players didn't come to play. Broduer, the 4th line, and Adam Henrique were their best players. Especially Henrique, guy is Eberle international clutch but in the NHL. The bad call is all part of the game, bad calls happen AL THE TIME. Specifically, I remember the Devils having 7? penalties in game 3 on all very questionable calls. The Kings however, killed those penalties and won the game. If the Devils showed some composure they might have been able to come back from even 3-0. GG, and a very entertaining series imo. Moving on to draft and 2012-13, for us Albertan's is a way bigger concern to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad Parise had such a bad finals, hopefully his market value will drop.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Glad Parise had such a bad finals, hopefully his market value will drop.
    lol selfish hope!

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 05:11 AM ----------

Edit. Thread shift to post-season.

10+ Year Old Account
    gratz kings

10+ Year Old Account
    Woooo! My boys did it! Go Kings!

And congrats to Bob Miller who has been the Kings broadcaster for 39 of these 45 long years waiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome, I heard he recorded a broadcast of the games, I hope to hear it eventually, don't know how they're handling that, will be nice to watch a game without hearing "knifed it away" or "waffleboarded away" 500000 times and actually hear who I'd want to hear

Deleted
    Congratulations Kings to a ridiculously successful post season and an awesome run! Well deserved Stanley Cup.

Anyone able to find a picture of Hextall holding the cup yet? Still cant find one =/ And I've only seen a little glimpse of Gagne holding it as well.