15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I was pretty bummed when Perry and Getzlaf got their extensions, I was looking forward to getting those creeps out of the division, between them and Doan there is entirely too much crybaby antics to have to put up with in the Pacific, probably about as much as they have to tolerate in the Atlantic division
    what i can't understand is Selannes response, the dude should have just let it go, instead he kept going at the ref and got 20, he at least i had respect for on the Ducks. (but your 100% right about Getzlaf and Perry).

10+ Year Old Account
    the Kings managed to make it out to DC today, must've been difficult since the owners broke the season and they don't let us out to the east coast

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs look really slow tonight, but that's no surprise after having just played a game that went to a shootout last night against one of the toughest teams in the conference. The good news is that this game can easily be won with the 3-2 lead in the 3rd. Lupul is doing what he does best though, lighting the lamp. Frattin really needs to get going with the goals though, otherwise he is going back to the Marlies.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-03-27 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic trip by the blueline on Mikhail Grabovski.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this CSN network Chicago plays on? These announcers are almost unbearable to listen to, didn't think anyone had worse guys than Sportsnet but wow they give the SN crew a run for their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    What is this CSN network Chicago plays on? These announcers are almost unbearable to listen to, didn't think anyone had worse guys than Sportsnet but wow they give the SN crew a run for their money.
    How dare you talk down on The Pat Foley and Eddie O....HOW DARE YOU!!!!

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 09:32 PM ----------

Aaaaaand Wideman almost lost his boys to the bench door...lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

Eddie Olsuck is one of the biggest homer announcers ever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Hahah yeah I was worried for his future kids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    this is coming from a wings fan? lol... last i checked you guys still have Redmond...

15+ Year Old Account
    this is coming from a wings fan? lol... last i checked you guys still have Redmond...
    he calls it fair, when its a bad call he says its a bad call.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just the most depressing thing to watch. Maybe the announcers aren't that bad and it's just how awfully my team is and is playing tonight. All the Inginla trade talk is clearly effecting how they're all playing with maybe the exception of Kiprusoff. 1 weak goal and 1 weird goal but holy shit the shots were like 30-10 before we started getting pity penalty calls. I'll never cheer for this team to actually lose hockey games but my fuck it's hard to watch them and not be somewhat excited at the thought of a top 3 pick. I find myself cheering for Florida, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Philly, ect to win games over wanting to watch the Flames play.

edit: that Saad guy has had some good looks, pretty impressed with him so far. Also from what I remember, the Detroit main guy sounds more like a Wings fan calling a game than an actual announcer. Tough to blame him with that fucking magician on the ice for them though.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-27 at 03:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you freaking high?! Foley & Edzo almost always call out when the Hawks fuck up and get away with something. Sometimes I swear you spew more garbage than anyone on this board combined.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Are you freaking high?! Foley & Edzo almost always call out when the Hawks fuck up and get away with something. Sometimes I swear you spew more garbage than anyone on this board combined.
    really. watch olsuck call a wings game. due to the fact that he loves the penguins and the blackhawks all we ever get is ntohing but hatred. every goal is blind luck, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three Van-CBJ games have gone to OT this season. If they make the Playoffs this season and we play them, I expect a long series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    All three Van-CBJ games have gone to OT this season. If they make the Playoffs this season and we play them, I expect a long series.
    i keep telling people columbus is much better than there record...

10+ Year Old Account
    ofc the redwings fans will be propping up the blue jackets

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    ofc the redwings fans will be propping up the blue jackets
    oh shush. you guys lost to COLORADO and PHOENIX and im pretty sure Columbus is closer to a playoff team than those two.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    really. watch olsuck call a wings game. due to the fact that he loves the penguins and the blackhawks all we ever get is ntohing but hatred. every goal is blind luck, etc.
    This is just so wrong it's sad. I hope no casual hockey fan actually reads this thread and takes this to be truth. During Crosby's injury he was one of the few people who consistently said that Pavel Datsyuk was the best player in the NHL. If you are going to spew some trash like that at least back it up with some video evidence.

And Zeoni, I've already explained this before but, a CSN CHICAGO telecast is being broadcast for CHICAGO hockey fans, not for a neutral audience. The CHICAGO audience wants to hear guys who seem excited when their team scores, and also what their team needs to do to win etc.

Eddie does a great job of turning off that switch when he does National games with Doc, casual fans would probably not even know he's a Chicago guy if not for Pierre during every Hawks game "Edzo you see this team more than anyone, what's the difference this year in the PK?"

Edit: Took me all of 2 minutes to youtube a Wings game on NBC and having Eddie say great things about both Wings goals as well as the game winner in the SO. He closes with praising both teams for a spectacular game. Wings goals are at 2:05 and 4:30.

Last edited by Stommped; 2013-03-27 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    another asshole I would love to see leave the division, Ryane Clowe is coming up in trade rumors, and as much as I dislike Getzlaf and Perry, at least neither of them played the puck while on the bench

man, fuck you Clowe, cocksucker can't even spell his name right either

I'm usually pretty ok with the Leafs announcers. Since I don't have a tv, I've been streaming all the opposing teams' stations and... of all the teams I've seen this year, I'd say that the Bruins colour guy is the biggest offender of being a homer, and the Islanders guy seemed to be the least competent about hockey overall.