garbles, where did you get that gif? cause that's absolutely hilarious...

nvm, just went to /r/hockey and found it.
    Last edited by Ateista; 2013-10-07 at 01:49 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a good game. Shame, if our defense wasn't so bad we would actually be 3-0 right now lol.

Flyers fire Laviolette after 0-3 start, Chip Kelly (Eagles coach) is now the longest tenured coach in Philly.

Saw it coming. Sucks, because he isn't a bad coach, but I guess the players got sick of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Flyers fire Laviolette after 0-3 start, Chip Kelly (Eagles coach) is now the longest tenured coach in Philly.

Saw it coming. Sucks, because he isn't a bad coach, but I guess the players got sick of him.
    This it is less about the players getting sick of him. And more of the quality of players they got. Most expensive blue line that isn't worth the dollars it is getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Flyers are a terribly run organization, if they made a decision that wasn't terrible it would surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    This it is less about the players getting sick of him. And more of the quality of players they got. Most expensive blue line that isn't worth the dollars it is getting.
    The blue line isn't the problem so far. They have ONE even strength goal in 3 games (and it was a defenseman who scored it) and a pitiful 2/14 (14%) PP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the Flyers are a terribly run organization, if they made a decision that wasn't terrible it would surprise me
    Holmgren makes some decent decisions (Lecavalier has played fairly well so far and cutting Briere was definitely the right move) and some moves he HAS to make that blow up in his face (Bryzgalov) and finally some WHY THE HELL ARE YOU A GM? moves (Streit contract, the Richards move)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet again I wonder why a godawful GM is being kept and the coach is fired in his place...
    Last edited by Elgefar; 2013-10-07 at 08:10 PM.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Peter Laviolette is another coach that is victim of poor management, plain and simple. Rangers make it to the ECF, Sather ships off a bunch of players that were instrumental in that process, Torts gets fired. Gillis does nothing to help his team get better after a SCF, Vigneault gets fired. This team was in the SCF 4 years ago. Since then, they've been eliminated in the 2nd round twice and missed the playoffs last year. What changed since then? Nothing, other than trading away two key players in your lineup to make room for a goalie who you buy out two years later. I imagine Snyder had a hand in a lot of this, but how GMs like this continue to have work is beyond me.
    The best part, by far, is that they promoted Craig Berube from assistant coach to head coach. This guy has been a part of this same coaching staff that hasn't been able to get the job done - where do they get the idea that he will take them in the direction they need to go and fast? He has 79 games to fix the problems that have been lingering since Richards/Carter trades.

They are straight up weak. They have legitimately one of the best groups of top-9 forwards in the league, and they've managed to score 3 goals in 3 games, 2 coming from forwards. Their defense is just bad, plain and simple. Their top 2 would be 3-4 at best on any team that is playoff-bound.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Flyers should have gone after Lindy Ruff or Ron Wilson, two guys who are still unemployed as far as NHL coaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Flyers should have gone after Lindy Ruff or Ron Wilson, two guys who are still unemployed as far as NHL coaches.
    Ruff is coaching Dallas, so only Wilson available as a "NHL" coach.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

If Ron Wilson ends up as a coach in the NHL again, fire that GM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flyers ownership is so all or nothing it's retarded. The funniest part is I was reading a Philly writer talking about how they're going after Curtis Glencross offering one of their "many defensive assets". Luke Shenn? No thanks.

I was actually listening to Hockey Central at Noon (it was on in a waiting room) and heard them talking about the Leafs maybe dangling a package of Reimer and Gardiner (and throw in Liles if they can get away with it) to Edmonton for Hall. Now that is obviously ludicrous, and no one in their right mind would make that trade....

However... Many teams would probably take Reimer and Gardiner for a decent second liner in return... We may not be able to wrestle Hall from the Oilers, but they need a goalie pretty badly, and I don't think many teams would say no to the idea of Gardiner, even if he has been struggling out of the gate.

@Zeoni the only guy I could see the Flames really coveting would be Coburn - not impossible, but I'd be quite surprised if it happened.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It won't happen, not a chance. K maybe for Couterier but that won't happen either. Glencross took a hometown discount and has a no-trade clause. I can't see them asking him to wave that especially when Philly's D aren't anything to stomp feet about. Also lmao, was that DOUG* McLean talking about that trade? Fuck that guys an idiot if it was. Show is funny sometimes when they just bark at each other like kids but it's stupid and amateur most of the time.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-10-09 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    who the fuck is eddie lack
    I believe he is our back up goalie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    And apparently Swedish ;o I had no idea who was before I saw the highlights from Canucks game.

Glad we got that goal, but expected play to have been blown dead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Said that after he made like 4 solid saves on us

also loving this gif from that game lol

http://i.imgflip.com/41sgj.gif

Both Bernier and Varlamov are playing incredibly well tonight. I am quite impressed O_o

Oh well, Avs deserved the win.