Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi-panda View Post
    Wow hockey fans are scary. I came here out of boredom and this was at the top of the forum. I guess hockey fans in Canada would be comparable to soccer fans in Europe. I'm gonna stick with volleyball and tennis =D
    Because Boston is in Canada.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 10:15 PM ----------

Part 3, it's about game 2 and 3

2:35 made me lol
    Last edited by cineplex; 2011-06-08 at 10:16 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi-panda View Post
    Wow hockey fans are scary. I came here out of boredom and this was at the top of the forum. I guess hockey fans in Canada would be comparable to soccer fans in Europe. I'm gonna stick with volleyball and tennis =D
    Cities like Detroit, Chicago, Boston, etc are just as into hockey as many cities in Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Because Boston is in Canada.
    I could be wrong but I think he was referring to you and your super aggressive forum posting machismo.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone have a working feed of the game? my go to isnt up.

edit:found one.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-06-09 at 12:20 AM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    anyone have a working feed of the game? my go to isnt up.
    http://atdhe.ws/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emidizzle View Post
    You should get your eyes checked. Boston has played better this whole series. The Canucks were suppose to be killing the Bruins with their offense.
    Pretty much this. Boston is a great defensive team, Vancouver has scored less goals against Tim Thomas in the first 3 games then Boston scored in game 3. When your best players who are Art Ross winners/nominees and Hart Trophy candidates are a bunch of ghosts on the ice and only put 2 shots on net in game 3, you aren't going to win a series. Boston dominated and controlled game 3 from the second period onwards, it was pretty boring until that point aside from the Horton hit and probably could have turned out to be a different result if Aaron Rome had not been ejected from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Boston dominated and controlled game 3 from the second period onwards
    You're right. Boston was getting outplayed for 2 whole games, and they finally have a great game.

Definitely makes them the better team in this series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. Boston is a great defensive team, Vancouver has scored less goals against Tim Thomas in the first 3 games then Boston scored in game 3. When your best players who are Art Ross winners/nominees and Hart Trophy candidates are a bunch of ghosts on the ice and only put 2 shots on net in game 3, you aren't going to win a series. Boston dominated and controlled game 3 from the second period onwards, it was pretty boring until that point aside from the Horton hit and probably could have turned out to be a different result if Aaron Rome had not been ejected from the game.
    Net total goals is a totally useless statistic. The Red Wings scored more goals in their series last year with San Jose but they lost that series 4 to 1. There is one set of numbers that matters and that is the wins in series. It doesn't matter if Boston was close in games 1 and 2. They lost. That is it. It doesn't matter if they scored 727 goals in game three, they won. It doesn't matter if you outplay your opponents for long stretches of a game if you lose.

Great shot by Pev. God knows what Torres was doing pinching the boards and ignoring the middle of the ice.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Bruins played better and are losing the series.

Pro logic.
    Yeah, because a 1-0 shut out and only winning a game after being down 2-1 before tying the game and winning in OT on a mistake by Thomas really shows just how good Vancouver played right? Boston outplayed Vancouver for most of the second game until they tried to sit on their lead and they paid the price of not keeping pressure on the Canucks. Boston would probably be leading the series if they had kept playing their game properly in game 2.

And both teams have been even in shooting, so any predetermined notions that Vancouver's offence is truly better then Boston's is a bit silly, since the shot differentiation has been 2 or 3 shots in the first 3 games. Actually, Vancouver has out shot Boston in all 3 games, including game 3 which they lost badly.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-06-09 at 12:46 AM.

Boston outplayed Vancouver for most of the second game until they tried to sit on their lead and they paid the price of not keeping pressure on the Canucks
    That's not outplaying.

That's playing better for one period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because a 1-0 shut out and only winning a game after being down 2-1 before tying the game and winning in OT on a mistake by Thomas really shows just how good Vancouver played right? Boston outplayed Vancouver for most of the second game until they tried to sit on their lead and they paid the price of not keeping pressure on the Canucks. Boston would probably be leading the series if they had kept playing their game properly in game 2.
    Probablys are like assholes, everyone has one. I probably wouldn't have massive debt from student loans had I taken high school seriously and not finished with a GPA that was lower than my ACT if you remove the decimal (2.7 and 33).

Moral of the story is it is in the past, it can't be changed. It has no effect on the rest of the series at all. Detroit outplayed San Jose for large stretches of their series this year in the games that they lost. They are currently playing golf right now, or whatever Swedes do in their free time. Outplaying, moral victories, keeping it close are all bullshit terms made up by fans to try and inflate their own confidence in a team. They are completely subjective and really don't matter at all.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 08:51 PM ----------

Vancouver needs to stop playing down to Boston's fucking pace. Their power play looks slow and lethargic and not nearly as creative and pass happy as it did in the previous series which made it so lethal. Tampa did the exact same thing. They stood around, lost their movement and passing that they dominated Washington with. Vancouver's offense is running so incredibly parallel to the Miami Heat's it is pathetic. Its like they have forgotten what has made them so successful over the course of the season and especially during the playoffs. Instead of being fast and full of tight passes, it is all isolation plays with one guy trying to do shit while everyone else watches.

Sedins are playing better, imo at least. They're taking the abuse and I am just sitting here praying they will score to shut everyone up.

15+ Year Old Account
    It could be just that I am fucking exhausted, but this game is fucking boring compared to 1-3.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver should have 3 guys in the box seeing as how two penalties were not called.

Vancouver should have 3 guys in the box seeing as how two penalties were not called.
    lol

10characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a habs fan so being Canadian [Toronto but leafs suck D!(K] I want to see Vancouver win.

It will be Vancouver in 6 or Boston in 7.

*EDIT* Boston blows. Tim Thomas is over-rated and Game 2's 'Suspension' was bullshit. Horton had the puck last, and had it less then 6 seconds before the hit was made. It wasn't a dirty hit therefore; he didn't do anything BAD.

I want to see my main man Burrows put Thomas and the rest of Boston to sleep with a fucking 'Datsyuk Dangle'™

I am mainly rooting for Nucks as I said; because I'm a Hab fan at heart and I think Montreal outplayed Boston so I think a Habs/Nucks series would've been interesting

Oh well; next year assuming we ditch Price for playoffs
    Last edited by MackMaynee; 2011-06-09 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Just adding stuffs :)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It could be just that I am fucking exhausted, but this game is fucking boring compared to 1-3.
    Yeah, it is really boring.

Marchand is such a lol.

Does Boston scout out goons or do they train them?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great goal by Ryder.

nice shot