15+ Year Old Account
    The Canucks are being such fucking morons at this point. Are they just completely oblivious that they can't send a message of physicality to the Bruins? They can't play that game. That is Bostons game. That is Philly's game. Those teams are built for physical, dominating hockey. Vancouver needs to stop trying to play down to Boston's game. They need to stop hacking at Thomas. Stop getting chippy after the whistle. Stop responding to Boston's pokes and prods. Stop giving back penalties. They are far too talented to play that game. That is the game Boston is built for and they execute it perfectly. They have completely shaken Vancouver and derailed their playstyle that drove them to the best record in the league and a dominant performance in most of the playoffs. If Vancouver can't get back to playing Vancouver Hockey and not Boston Hockey they are in a world of hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks really need to do some soul searching on the plane ride home if they hope to remain in this....I think even if your a canucks fan you gotta think its not looking so good.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

edit *nvm im out

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best of 3 series now! GO BRUINS!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Didn't say they have but you're the one fapping to the Boston Goons

Even Thomas is a goon rofl
    How is Thomas a goon? The guy gets his stick slashed out of his hands by Burrows so he slashed him back. The hit on Sedin last game was a little more "goonish," but frankly I love Thomas' play style. If my goalie is getting slashed or getting ice thrown on him I want him to react. Show that he isn't going to stand for that shit. That is what I love about Jimmy Howard. Keep icing him and he will club you in the face.

But as Radux said, lets keep it cool. Stop letting Boston into your head.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 11:02 PM ----------

Cineplex I think you need to go back to your old avatar. Clearly this one brings out your bad side :P. Also, it may be jinxed. Didn't Vancouver start going downhill after you changed it? Never change something that is working. Thats why Michael Jordon worse the same shorts his entire career.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-09 at 03:03 AM.

does tim thomas have eyebrows?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    does tim thomas have eyebrows?
    He somehow has a dark red mustache and beard but completely invisible eyebrow hair lol.

Boston had to win both games at home, and they did it outscoring their opponent 12-1 in the process. Boston and especially Tim Thomas are in the Canucks' head right now and the B's certainly have the momentum going their way. Both teams only need 2 wins to get the Stanley cup back home and at that point, anything can be a factor.

Did the Rome hit awakened the Giant sleeping bear ?

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB Hamhuis, need some actual structured D back. But yeah, next game is a MUST win for Van... Got to admit I'm a little worried but looks like we need to make a lot of changes coming into game 5.
    Q u o t e:
    I hear the most interesting man in world kites Frost Mages as a Warrior.

Bruins PK is on Fire right now... nothing is getting to Thomas Didnt think at game 5 bruins would have more PP goals ... go bruins!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who do you think is starting game 5 in net for Van?
    Q u o t e:
    I hear the most interesting man in world kites Frost Mages as a Warrior.

woot B's! Dominating couple of wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibteck View Post
    Who do you think is starting game 5 in net for Van?
    my guess is Luongo with a really short hook.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    my guess is Luongo with a really short hook.
    This would be my guess too. He has been far too good for the overwhelming majority of the playoffs to think about benching. He was clearly shaken in the Chicago series and needed to be benched for a game. I don't think he is quite in that situation here because he can hardly be blamed for any of the goals Boston scored in game 4. Schneider is an absolute fantastic goalie though so I wouldn't be surprised to see him if they did give him the start.

Thing with Luongo on a short hook is that it could turn out to work, he's been blasted the last 2 games no doubt, but ultimately you have to wonder how much of a "fuck you" night is in him for Friday night back in Vancouver? He'll be desperate to put on a strong display at home to prove the last 2 games have been "blips" and that can make a guy pretty difficult to play against.

Still a ways to go in this one yet, it's hotting up definately and for a neutral (who just happens to have a slight distaste for anything Boston!) it's turned out to be a cracking series.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Ya there's arguments a few ways for their goalie situation. On one hand if Vancouver goes with Schnieder and loses they'll go down with their backup goalie which would be tough to swallow. They probably want to go with the guy who got them this far expecting him to rebound at home.

At the same time supposedly at the Roger's Arena they said on TV that the fans watching there cheered when he was pulled last night so if he lets up a goal or 2 early it could be disastrous for him.

Do people honestly think that the Bruins are being the bigger goons in this series? seriously? They have done some pretty drastic things, for sure but they are almost always, if not always in reaction to even more goon-tastic things that the Canucks pull. They started bringing it on themselves with the whole Burrows biting in game 1, then La Pierre being an absolute embarrassment to hockey sticking his finger in the face of Bergeron in game 2, then after the devastating hit (I personally thought it was head hunting / late as hell, but it was a very close call)on Horton I think the Bruins realized that they need to get onto that level of playing if they want to stand a chance.

Also incredible props to Thomas, I have no idea how people are calling his hit on Sedin (I think it was him) as being cheap/like a goond, Sedin gloved the puck and was in the process of taking a shot to put it in. Thomas had every right to get him out of the crease / get the puck away from him. The Burrows slash was ballsy, but Burrows has been pestering/playing like a goon the entire series, and Thomas wanted to let him know he wasn't going to be screwed with.

Also x 2, the incredible amount of flopping being carried out by the Canucks is ridiculous, even the biased Versus / other networks announcers are saying how embarrassing it is seeing some of the Canucks players trying to sell / embelish things to get penalties. Their team has such incredible skill, I have no idea why they decided to play this kind of hockey in the finals of all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanso View Post
    Do people honestly think that the Bruins are being the bigger goons in this series? seriously? They have done some pretty drastic things, for sure but they are almost always, if not always in reaction to even more goon-tastic things that the Canucks pull. They started bringing it on themselves with the whole Burrows biting in game 1, then La Pierre being an absolute embarrassment to hockey sticking his finger in the face of Bergeron in game 2, then after the devastating hit (I personally thought it was head hunting / late as hell, but it was a very close call)on Horton I think the Bruins realized that they need to get onto that level of playing if they want to stand a chance.

Also incredible props to Thomas, I have no idea how people are calling his hit on Sedin (I think it was him) as being cheap/like a goond, Sedin gloved the puck and was in the process of taking a shot to put it in. Thomas had every right to get him out of the crease / get the puck away from him. The Burrows slash was ballsy, but Burrows has been pestering/playing like a goon the entire series, and Thomas wanted to let him know he wasn't going to be screwed with.

Also x 2, the incredible amount of flopping being carried out by the Canucks is ridiculous, even the biased Versus / other networks announcers are saying how embarrassing it is seeing some of the Canucks players trying to sell / embelish things to get penalties. Their team has such incredible skill, I have no idea why they decided to play this kind of hockey in the finals of all times.
    You forgot about kesler ducking behind the ref while throwing sucker punches at chara. The canucks have displayed zero class yet canuck fans have the audacity to call the bruins goons. Was hilarious watching marchand the smallest guy on the ice at the time dropping 3 canucks single handedly even if it was a little goonish.

To be fair from an honest standpoint neither team has shown much class this series in terms of behavior (i just figured it was hockey players tbh!) - so you're both as bad as each other on that front, just so happens the bruins fans have an injury to avenge. The whole fingers in mouths things was a disgrace, yeah so the guy got a bite down - fix it the PROPER way, drop the guy flat on his ass (either with a hit or in a fight) and get on with it rather than force the league to rule on it being a minor & game misconduct. But this whole attempting to prove who's the most virginal amongst the two isn't really working when BOTH are well wide of the mark.

Also i kinda agree with Thomas taking a slash at the guy last night, but the fact the Vancouver player had been slashed 2-3 times by the defensemen before that, yeah. Thomas' hit on the Sedin the other night though, that was just straight up funny from where i saw it
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    You forgot about kesler ducking behind the ref while throwing sucker punches at chara. The canucks have displayed zero class yet canuck fans have the audacity to call the bruins goons. Was hilarious watching marchand the smallest guy on the ice at the time dropping 3 canucks single handedly even if it was a little goonish.
    I forgot about that one, whenever crap has started, it has pretty much always been at the Bruins end of the ice, and for some god awful reason someone always thinks 'hey, its a good idea to slash / screw with the biggest man on skates'

My friends and I were pretty sure Marchand got a penalty after that incredible ducking/dodging/up-ending of all the Canucks going after the puck simply for embarrassing the Canucks so badly. For being such a small and inexperienced guy, Marchand has made the Canucks look awful foolish on several occasions.